Marketplace Mercedes-Benz Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2005 E55 AMG, 63k, Weistec, HREs, near MINT

For Sale

Old 05-21-2020, 12:21 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2006 CLS55
Originally Posted by Londonk
if you follow this thread from the beginning you can see why the car was not picked up .....weather quote from seller not going to fix the car with 2 feet of snow on the ground. The ECU was toast so I’m going to buy a non running car ? Ok SMH the current owner has spent months trying to track down the guy who was going to fix the ECU with no luck ! anyway I’m personally spooked at this point. If the Op needs to keep my money its just a lesson learned. I have bought dozens of cars off of forums this first time someone has taken my money. Times are tough I guess
My bad. Just work it out with the guy.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 ZR1 corvette
Originally Posted by WideRide
I am not going to bicker back and forth over this. I will say this and be done for anyone who can learn from this...

At the end of the day, I held the car initially for many weeks before the car had the ECU issue because this person said they were busy running their business and couldn't come retrieve the car. The ECU issue was brought on by me wanting the car to be perfect for the next owner and requesting a new tune to smooth things out further. During the tune load, the ECU was bricked, etc., etc. Had I never touched it or the buyer had come to get the car more swiftly, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this. I wouldn't be out $3,200+ and nearly $800 more in insurance costs racked up. But, I did tell him he could take the time needed to attend to his business and then come get the car. So, that part is on me.

The depositor became agitated (in this thread) just as recently as May 9th, 2020 when he seemed to feel that the car was going to be sold without him having a chance to complete the sale. My assumption was that he still wanted the car. So, I tried contacting him....over and over with no response. Calls and texts. Then he would ONLY respond through private messages on this site (odd), despite having my phone number. Let it be known that as of this post, he has still not contacted me on my personal phone, only through PM (even though he and I spent hours on the phone discussing this car last year). Fast forward to a couple of days ago when I received another PM stating that he is now 'spooked' and he believes the car will be 'problematic' going forward, he is going to pass and wants his initial deposit back. He and I mutually agreed that the deposit he put down was non-refundable. He even suggested sending me several thousand dollars more shortly after to further cement his commitment to buy the car AND so that if he took a flight here, he wouldn't be hassled at the airport for carrying a large quantity of cash on him. I declined because I felt that was unnecessary.

I should have read the writing on the wall. But, I am a man of my word and until he explicitly told me he was no longer interested in the car, I was going to pursue his ownership.

Regarding the final sentence in his last post...times ARE tough, for millions of people. I am fortunate to work in an industry and for a company that has retained my employment throughout this pandemic. The off-hand suggestion that I would retain the deposit because I am experiencing some financial hardship and need the money is asinine and I won't entertain it further.

In my post on 5/10/20, I hastily wrote that I would return his deposit. I was irritated by his erratic behavior and the fact that he wouldn't reach out to me directly and only through PM on this site. So, I will send it back, because I don't need someone else's money. Even though it was mutually agreed that it was non-refundable from the start.

The car is awesome, period. It's fully fixed and the new owner is gonna enjoy the hell out of it.

All I can say who wants a rough running car that won’t idle or that’s not sorted ??? I understand it’s a used car and if it developed a problem after the sale ..... well that’s on me right ? I can admit during inclement weather we lost touch. I know the op s life does not revolve around a car neither does mine.... we can have a Circular conversation about who wasn’t in touch with who I can tell you my PM WORKS EVERY TIME .... no pms for months then the car pops back up for sale. ECU then Alternator alternator then not alternator problems although not the end of the world voltage problems/ electrical issues spook me sorry chasing gremlins this year is not on my program. E55s are fairly reliable overall but they are still German. I’m sorry it did not work out the op offered my deposit back, then comes on here crawfishing slightly about how it’s nonrefundable after offering it back 🤷🏼‍♂️ I really hope the car sells and everything smooths out ....Again if he keeps my money then I’m out a thousand... lesson learned ... I have been on the CorvetteForum a Along with ls1tech for fifteen years and 20 plus cars with ZERO complaints on my buying or selling practice. This deal took a **** it sucks but life
goes on. It will be interesting to see how it plays out for the principal of it all .
Old 05-22-2020, 08:01 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2005 E55 | 1968 Road Runner
Your deposit was mailed out yesterday afternoon to the address you provided in private message. Story over.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2007 e63
It make make sense to repost this sale instead of having people have to wade through hundreds of messages on this. Sweet ride, you’ll find a buyer.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:24 AM

2019 ZR1 corvette
Your deposit was mailed out yesterday afternoon to the address you provided in private message. Story over.

Thank you best of luck with the sale
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Londonk
Thank you best of luck with the sale
Dude I wouldn’t sell you a tube of toothpaste after reading this thread. Begone thot
Old 05-23-2020, 03:15 PM

2019 ZR1 corvette
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Dude I wouldn’t sell you a tube of toothpaste after reading this thread. Begone thot
go **** yourself .....
Old 05-23-2020, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Lol. This thread makes me LOL so much.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
Such an entertaining thread and the funny part is, we still don't know if the car runs and there are still people seem interested in it knowing it has had some serious problems running. I would definitely have the car looked at by a speciality shop making sure all bugs are sorted out especially for that kinda money

One thing for sure, the car does look Bad ***, hence the continued interest in it.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
Such an entertaining thread and the funny part is, we still don't know if the car runs and there are still people seem interested in it knowing it has had some serious problems running. I would definitely have the car looked at by a speciality shop making sure all bugs are sorted out especially for that kinda money

One thing for sure, the car does look Bad ***, hence the interest in it...
The car runs great. The only issue that was present has been rectified professionally. The ECU was corrupt and has been replaced with a completely new unit, which I mentioned above. I wouldn't accept another buyers deposit on a car that wasn't sorted. I went to lengths that 95% of people wouldn't have to get the car back to where it should be.

The original depositor was NEVER offered nor was he encouraged to take delivery of a car that wasn't exactly as advertised. I only approached him when the car was finally ready for delivery and that's when he decided he didn't want it anymore.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts
2023 e450 cabriolet, 2015 s550, 2024 c300 , 2006 E55, 2005 e320, 2007 gl450, 2014 e63
The car runs great. The only issue that was present has been rectified professionally. The ECU was corrupt and has been replaced with a completely new unit, which I mentioned above. I wouldn't accept another buyers deposit on a car that wasn't sorted. I went to lengths that 95% of people wouldn't have to get the car back to where it should be.

The original depositor was NEVER offered nor was he encouraged to take delivery of a car that wasn't exactly as advertised. I only approached him when the car was finally ready for delivery and that's when he decided he didn't want it anymore.
I, like many others, have Been following this thread for a while, and from what it seems, the seller has been straight up and honest since the get go..
The following 3 users liked this post by AMG__POWER:
AMGFreek (06-17-2020), DevastaterZX (06-15-2020), WideRide (05-24-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 06:06 PM

The car is sold. Thanks MBWorld! 20,000+ views!