Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

F1 kicks off in less then a week !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Talking F1 kicks off in less then a week !!!

What are you doing to prepare for it ?

"How is your feeling til Bahrain? (mixed)
Do you feel the stamina waking up in you?(yes a lots)
are u getting anxious? (started but by friday it will be worst and by sunday heart attack)
How is your partner/wife/ girlfriend/ mum reacting about you regarding this week end coming?
My side is very simple:
all gears ready(beer, video recorder, internet, clothes etc...)
And of course the wife to deal with, before it start: tv reserved for me, no disturb on the door, no phone call, nothing, rules is set for me: dont give a monkey whats happens outside if there is a fire, a crime, or someone crashing my car(well, i got insurance for that) dont want to talk or know about it until race finish.
She told me to F*** off!
What a surprise! well i am getting used to, every year it is the same.
Your answers.

Thnks"
Old 03-05-2006, 10:22 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
gonna record practice and qualifying and watch it on the coach of the big screen (not waking up at 6am) and gonna watch the actual race on a 10" tv at 6am right before i have to go to work lol
Old 03-06-2006, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Race Prep

My race preperations include a bottle of Tanqueray and Tonic, lots of ice. A big plate of tatter tots.

I get on the Speed board, and get into the Speed Insider Chat. For those early a.m. races, I might put my McLaren Shirt on. Living in a apt complex, I gotta keep it low key though. The neighbors won't appreciate the Sounds of F1 ya know.

Ed

Juan keep it chill Will
Old 03-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
SPEED TV Schedule for the weekend of the Grand Prix of Bahrain

FRI - MAR 10:

6:00 am - 7:00 am EST - Practice P2 (Live)(only airing)

5:30 pm - 6:00 pm EST - Inside Grand Prix (1st airing)

SAT - MAR 11:

6:00 am - 7:30 am EST - Qualifying (Live? - Time-slip?)

2:00am - 2:30 am EST - Inside Grand Prix (2nd airing)(late night Sat/early Sun am)

SUN - MAR 12:

6:00 am - 8:30 am EST - Grand Prix of Bahrain (Live)

12:00 pm - 12:30 pm EST - Inside Grand Prix (3rd/final airing)

12:30 pm - 3:00 pm EST - Grand Prix of Bahrain (2nd/final airing)
Old 03-07-2006, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by egutie6970
What are you doing to prepare for it ?

"How is your feeling til Bahrain? (mixed)
Do you feel the stamina waking up in you?(yes a lots)
are u getting anxious? (started but by friday it will be worst and by sunday heart attack)
How is your partner/wife/ girlfriend/ mum reacting about you regarding this week end coming?
My side is very simple:
all gears ready(beer, video recorder, internet, clothes etc...)
And of course the wife to deal with, before it start: tv reserved for me, no disturb on the door, no phone call, nothing, rules is set for me: dont give a monkey whats happens outside if there is a fire, a crime, or someone crashing my car(well, i got insurance for that) dont want to talk or know about it until race finish.
She told me to F*** off!
What a surprise! well i am getting used to, every year it is the same.
Your answers.

Thnks"
I'll get up and watch live on Sat. and Sun. I'll see practice on Tivo when I get home from the office Friday.

I suppose I am lucky....my wife knows I have a few select hobbies, F1 being one of those. She supports me fully, even makes breakfast and serves me in bed on F1 race mornings (yes, we are still newlyweds). She knows most of the teams and drivers and can even do a killer Kimi post race interview impression!

Granted, all this may change one day soon if children enter the picture. Until then, I'll look forward to the 2006 Season!

I don't really have any special clothing to wear, but have a McLaren flag and Team Cap plus a couple t-shirts and another cap I got at the Canadian GP a few years ago. Maybe I'll join "Team McLaren" one of these days, or better yet....make plans to attend another race.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

F248 F1
haha nice chappy ! psch i wish i could find someone like that !!!

blah Nola you think you have it bad... im PST...i basicly have it like that ALL YEAR ! 1-4 AM races -_- all worth it at the end though.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by Chappy
I'll get up and watch live on Sat. and Sun. I'll see practice on Tivo when I get home from the office Friday.

I suppose I am lucky....my wife knows I have a few select hobbies, F1 being one of those. She supports me fully, even makes breakfast and serves me in bed on F1 race mornings (yes, we are still newlyweds). She knows most of the teams and drivers and can even do a killer Kimi post race interview impression!

Granted, all this may change one day soon if children enter the picture. Until then, I'll look forward to the 2006 Season!

I don't really have any special clothing to wear, but have a McLaren flag and Team Cap plus a couple t-shirts and another cap I got at the Canadian GP a few years ago. Maybe I'll join "Team McLaren" one of these days, or better yet....make plans to attend another race.

She's a keeper!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Hey, my wife is also a big follower! She not only watches with me, but also fits F1 vacations into the budget/schedule, complete with dropping off our daughter somewhere else!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Nola
Hey, my wife is also a big follower! She not only watches with me, but also fits F1 vacations into the budget/schedule, complete with dropping off our daughter somewhere else!
I'm working on the F1 Trip thing I've been to the Canadian GP, but none in Europe. As a "first" F1 race in the EU, which would you suggest and why?