Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Who's watching?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Who's watching?

This is my first F1 Season with TIVO so now I can watch qualifying and practice sessions without having to be up at ridiculous hours. I'm watching this morning's practice session right now. I'm still rooting for Kimi, don't know what I'll do next year if he switches to Ferrari though. Unfortunately Mercedes always has problems with new cars and its not looking too good after Kimi's car crapped itself during the practice today.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
So it was an electrical problem. At least he'll still be able to race but it makes me worried considering how many DNF's he had last season.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I need to quit reading...I left home this a.m. at 6:10, so I only caught 10 minutes of practice. I'll see the rest tonight on Tivo.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
KIMI RAIKKONEN

“We didn’t do too much in the first session, and then this afternoon we were carrying out Michelin tyre comparisons. Unfortunately I stopped on track due to a suspected electrical problem towards the end of the last session, which meant that we did not manage to complete our programme, so we will have to wait and see where we are tomorrow.”

JUAN PABLO MONTOYA

“The normal Friday evaluation work. I am still not satisfied with the outcome of the first practice day, so we will have to continue our work in tomorrow’s free practice session to improve our package in order to be in with a chance of a good qualifying result. The race should be a different story.”

RON DENNIS

“We prioritised on track time which saw us evaluating tyres on a less than perfect circuit. Anyone running new tyres in the afternoon improved on lap times, which supplemented by different fuel loads made for a very mixed sand confusing order. We suffered an electrical problem on Kimi’s car which disrupted the end of his second practice. We are now looking forward to tomorrow’s new format qualifying.”

NORBERT HAUG

“We went through our race set up programme. Kimi experienced an electrical problem after 40 minutes into the second free practice. Our lap times looked consistent. Tomorrow’s qualifying with a new format will be interesting and give us a first indication of where we really stand compared to our competition.”

©1998-2006 DaimlerChrysler. All rights reserved.

Last edited by kostas; 03-10-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:34 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
oh and on a side note.. am i the only one that noticed this? lol i found it kind of comical

Old 03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned

F248 F1
I was up at 3 am watching it...or should i say i was up till 4 ! hahaha
Old 03-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
So how about Toro Rosso?!!! I mean, this MINARDI we're talking about... and they scored a 6th place in practice?!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

F248 F1
serioustly that was insane ! i was like woow... after they set that lap they slowed down on purpose did you notice ? he was about to set an EVEN FASTER LAP but i think they radio Luitzi in telling him to slow down before the FIA gets all pissy
Old 03-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Banned

F248 F1
BTW i think Ferrari are sandbagging along with alot of the top teams ! this weekends race is going to be INSANE ! and Ferrari has PACE WOOOT !

p.s.

the Macas and their problems... tsk tsk tsk
Old 03-11-2006, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Kimi

Yes, I was up at 3 a.m. I actually went to sleep and then set the alarm. Yes, I could have watched the replay, but for the first qual, come on. I was jonesing!

Very disappointing to see Kimi have problems. Where did the qoute come from with Kimi saying it was electrical? Just curious as to the source.

So JPM in 5th on grid, and Kimi at the back. Kimi is going to be making some daring early passes.

I hope the cameras give some time to Kimi as he comes from the back of the grid.

Ed
Old 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM

2008 BMW 335xi Coupe
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Yes, I was up at 3 a.m. I actually went to sleep and then set the alarm. Yes, I could have watched the replay, but for the first qual, come on. I was jonesing!

Very disappointing to see Kimi have problems. Where did the qoute come from with Kimi saying it was electrical? Just curious as to the source.

So JPM in 5th on grid, and Kimi at the back. Kimi is going to be making some daring early passes.

I hope the cameras give some time to Kimi as he comes from the back of the grid.

Ed
the quote from kimi comes directly from the Mercedes Media website