Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Are we going to go win-less this year? :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
Are we going to go win-less this year? :(

Say it isn't so!

"Last year's Japanese Grand Prix winner Kimi Raikkonen admitted on Friday that he sees little prospect of being able to repeat that success on Sunday...Such is the McLaren Mercedes-Benz team's form that it is facing the prospect of its first winless season since 1996."
Old 10-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Hmmm well with Montoya gone, Kimi gone....yeah thats about right mate...Maca will not win for the next 7 years ( Fonzi broke the champagne bottlel! Bad luck for 7 years! )
Old 10-06-2006, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by egxpimp
Hmmm well with Montoya gone, Kimi gone....yeah thats about right mate...Maca will not win for the next 7 years ( Fonzi broke the champagne bottlel! Bad luck for 7 years! )
Dude, you campaign for Ferrari, get the Hell outta here!

Brethern, we all gotta keep the faith. Look at it this way, Kimi shouldn't care about what he says given that he is a goner. However! What these guys have in common is a inate desire to win! So don't count out McLaren just yet.

E
Old 10-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife

E
How did you know i was a ferrari fanatic!

hahahaha

You are always welcome to the dark side E

Theirs plenty of to go around here with 8 WDC just about within grasp

Well my laptop is Corsa Rosso Red..it DOES have a Ferrari symbol on it...I'm wearing a Ferrari shirt today... i did watch practice...i do have Ferrari Flags...hmm tons of Ferrari F1 pics....hmm i guess you are right haha but i OWN a Mercedes, and i DO have a McLaren F1 flag ... i dont know what to do with it - with fonzi joining Maca next year
Old 10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by egxpimp
How did you know i was a ferrari fanatic!

hahahaha

You are always welcome to the dark side E

Theirs plenty of to go around here with 8 WDC just about within grasp

Well my laptop is Corsa Rosso Red..it DOES have a Ferrari symbol on it...I'm wearing a Ferrari shirt today... i did watch practice...i do have Ferrari Flags...hmm tons of Ferrari F1 pics....hmm i guess you are right haha but i OWN a Mercedes, and i DO have a McLaren F1 flag ... i dont know what to do with it - with fonzi joining Maca next year
Ill buy it from you if you dont like it anymore. lol
Old 10-07-2006, 09:21 AM

cls 55 amg, clk 320
Originally Posted by xvvvz
Say it isn't so!

"Last year's Japanese Grand Prix winner Kimi Raikkonen admitted on Friday that he sees little prospect of being able to repeat that success on Sunday...Such is the McLaren Mercedes-Benz team's form that it is facing the prospect of its first winless season since 1996."
it seems to be the case.

Unless ferrari seal the title in suzuka, then there might be a possibility in brazil for kimi in.

Otherwise i dont think so
Old 10-07-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K
11th and 13th in qualifying. Suh-weeeeeet... not. Man this has been a long season.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:24 PM

W211 / E280
Considering that Mercedes did not.......

Brethern, we all gotta keep the faith. Look at it this way, Kimi shouldn't care about what he says given that he is a goner. However! What these guys have in common is a inate desire to win! So don't count out McLaren just yet.

E
even make the qualifying today past the 2nd round, come Luke and join us on the dark/red side, you know you will next year, you will have to follow Kimi, the only logical choice as Spock would say.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Im amazed at how well rosberg did in the first two sessions. Defenitely didnt expect that one.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Nah, they ain't gonna win anything this year.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
even make the qualifying today past the 2nd round, come Luke and join us on the dark/red side, you know you will next year, you will have to follow Kimi, the only logical choice as Spock would say.
Oh man am I just getting roasted here. Last nite, during the race, I just started drinking. To quell the passion for a team that has produced crapola this season. Somebody said, what a long season. I couldn't agree more! What a long season indeed. Lets look to next year.

Ohh, and no, I won't EVER, EVER be a Scuderia fan. No matter how much I appreciate the talent they have, I just won't do it. However, if their is a car offered to me, say a Ferrari, I could be persuaded...

E
Old 10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by FlatlineEF9
Ill buy it from you if you dont like it anymore. lol
I'll keep that in mind Justin ....if Fonzi starts going wreckless in Maca.. its gona have to part ways with me
Old 10-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Banned

F248 F1
Oh man am I just getting roasted here. Last nite, during the race, I just started drinking. To quell the passion for a team that has produced crapola this season. Somebody said, what a long season. I couldn't agree more! What a long season indeed. Lets look to next year.

Ohh, and no, I won't EVER, EVER be a Scuderia fan. No matter how much I appreciate the talent they have, I just won't do it. However, if their is a car offered to me, say a Ferrari, I could be persuaded...

E
Ha, now i know exactly how HARDCORE Kimi fans felt last year.....i even shedded a tear last night... no one in my family said anything....they just sat there and looked at me as i was standing infront of the TV 2 feet away, with utter silece