Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing Use this forum to discuss Mercedes-related racing events including Formula 1, DTM and Truck series.

Where is Fernando going in 08 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 55 amg, clk 320
Where is Fernando going in 08 ?

so what do you guys think,
is he staying, or is he leaving, Renault ? ?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I was just about to post this here to ask the same question.

after what I have read the last few days about how Ron Dennis and alonso are not talking I feel that they should sack him before the last 3 races.

If I was Ron I would suspend Alonzo for the rest of the season and release him after. I really like Alonso but I have seen that he is not a team player and is only interested on winning the championship for himself. If its true that he tried to black mail the team so he can win the championship then I would give him the boot!

I say he will be with renault next year..... selfish bastered
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
I actually have started really respecting him as a driver this yr, he has shown me he is a bad a$$ driver with some of the moves he has done this yr and now that he's got the Mclaren figured out he's smok'n Hamilton.
But now with him acting like a little bit$h starting out w/ him blocking Ham during Qaulifying. I hope he gets released and no one signs him except STR! he's a bit$h and i hope he losses the championship.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
He prolly move to Toyota or Ferrari
Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

who ever takes him will have some drama for sure. that boy needs to grow up! he is acting like a 5 year old.

I do hope hamilton shows up for the next 3 race and kicks alonso butt back to renualt
Old 09-20-2007, 04:20 PM

06 CLS55 AMG-all options sans Distronic; Carrera4S; 07 M5;Lexus GS300
+1 w/ bmweater; others who also think Alonso is acting bad. Outstanding driver, but needs serious character and leadership coaching, as he has zero!
Very untrusthworthy, very selfish, apparently deceitful while being naively and foolishly so. Whoever takes him needs to understand that a ho is always a ho: you may get some action but what comes w/ it?!!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Winning a WDC in a team that doesn't want you to win while beating their boy wonder takes some serious effort... if he wins it will be an amazing feat, and not just for the driving. If he returns to Renault (which I think he will do), and Renault rallies around him for a few more WDC's he will earn legendary status.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:08 AM

cls 55 amg, clk 320
i agree that he needs to get diciplined, but i have to say he is currently the best, along with kimi. However alonso has won 2 driver championships, one against kimi and the other against MS, so he knows how to get the job done with whatever character flaws he has.

his # 1 problem is that his boss and his team mate have something like a father-son relationship .and for sure Ron would rather hamilton than Alonso take the title, which is a bit strange on ron's behalf since he was very keen on signing alonso that early. Plus with 2 titles, ron must understand that alonso has an ego problem, and he should be able to manage his drivers in a better way.

I think that Ron Dennis can only blame himself for all the crap that was thrown at him this season.
Drivers title seems like it is going their way, but to whom ? Next 3 races are going to be amazing.

personally i think with no reliabilty problems and without any major incidents, alonso will win his 3rd title and the go to RENAULT even if they pay him 50% of what he is currently getting.

it will be interesting to see alonso & hamilton competing against each other in different teams. also i cant wait to see what alonso will say After joining another team, regarding his ordeal at mclaren, R.Dennis & hamilton
Old 09-23-2007, 04:33 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
Rumor has it that Renault has been hitting up their major sponsor ING for more money to sign the donkey.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Alonso is such an uncharacteristic *****! I think he should be dropped just as quick as Scott Speed from Red Bull was.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:01 AM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
It's now been reported that the donkey has a deal with ferrari and massa will be going to toyota. No word on who would fill the other spot at mclaren if this was to happen.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Originally Posted by hakaida442
It's now been reported that the donkey has a deal with ferrari and massa will be going to toyota. No word on who would fill the other spot at mclaren if this was to happen.
That would be a disaster on Ferrari in my opinion. Alonso is very selfish, from what we read the reason he had all these problems with his boss is (according to Ron Dennis) is that he was demanding preferential treatment over Hamilton. If he does that with Kimi at Ferrari there will be a lot of friction, creating troubles similar or even worse than the ones he has at McLaren.

Again in my opinion, a world champion should be able to shine over another driver by talent not by getting preferential treatment, that to me just says that he is not as as good as he is thought to be.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Not sure Ferrari will really feel the need (or justification), despite their large budget, to spend top dollar on 2 drivers.

As for Alonso v Hamilton, Lewis' best performances (2 wins out of 7, plus numerous podiums) came in the 1st half of the season, when he was apparently allowed to use Alonso’s exact same car setup. Apparently that’s been put to a stop, and Hamilton’s performances have suffered – only 1 win since, and even that was on the notoriously difficult-to-overtake Hungaroring where he had pole.

I’m not a big Alonso fan, and if Hamilton can beat him in a race given the exact same car, then more props to Lewis. However, this raises serious questions over whether Hamilton’s success in 1H’07 can be replicated without an experienced driver who can help McLaren design + develop a car from race to race. It’s no coincidence that the greatest drivers (MS, Prost, Senna, etc.) have been credited as being brilliant behind the scenes.

So I can see Ferrari signing Alonso if they sense no other team could reach an agreement with him – it could possibly leave McLaren handicapped for 2008
Old 09-27-2007, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Alonso says no reason to leave MM after '07

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7016137.stm
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM

540 6spd
Alonso was recently asked what he expects to be driving next year and he said he expects to finish the remaining 2 years on his contract. lol. I'm sure he was just being cheeky tho.

Ferrari seem to have absolutely no interest in Alonso either
Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alonso is such a cry baby! I never seen anyone pro driver cry foul everytime things didnt go his way! Mclaren should boot him out after the season

I want KIMI or Hami to win in brazil
Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
New rumor has the donkey with a deal in place with renault if he can get out of his mclaren contract. I really can't picture ron dennis putting up with this jackass for another year so i'm sure that this will be settled shortly after brazil.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if I was ron i would keep alonzo as my test driver next year just to f*** him over.... lol

Donkey is always going to be a Jackass! no matter what team he goes to.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trekman
if I was ron i would keep alonzo as my test driver next year just to f*** him over.... lol

Donkey is always going to be a Jackass! no matter what team he goes to.

If he could f*** him over he would have done it already, the FIA is sending an independent observer in McLaren to make sure that Alonso gets fair treatment!

What I am afraid of is McLaren falling back like Renault did after they lost Alonso. He might be a Jackass but he is a great driver and also great at working with the engineers to develop the car. We don't know if Hami has the experience to do that.

I think that Renault is going to let Kovalainen go, he too is a great driver as Luis and if they keep him they will probably end up having similar problems as McLaren had with Alonso. It is likely that Renault fell back this year because they didn't have Alonso to develop the car.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/23/w...so-at-mclaren/

this would be awesome if it happened. Mika is my 2nd favorite all time driver.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by hakaida442
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/23/w...so-at-mclaren/

this would be awesome if it happened. Mika is my 2nd favorite all time driver.
Mika is one of my 2 favorite drivers as well but I don't think that he is going to drive for McLaren again! First of all he is 39 years old; he is going to be 40 by next year. When he tested for McLaren this year, he was understandably slower than both Luis and Fernando probably due to the lack of practice. At best he is going to be driving as good as Alonso did this year. I don't think that a 2 time world champion who is currently so successful in DTM like Mika is going to risk putting himself in a position to get spanked by a 22 year old rookie and even though slim, not to be competitive with the other tier 1 drivers on the grid. Drivers want to retire from a sport at the peak of their carrier, they want to be remembered as champions, if he thinks that there is even a slim chance of not performing up to expecations...I don't think he will do it.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/18/r...leases-alonso/

So FA and McLaren have officially parted ways? Or is this the same website that said FA was going to Ferrari in '08?