Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock Bouncing ML w163

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Door Lock Bouncing ML w163

Hi to one and All,

The Bride has a problem with the door locks on her ML,

The ML opens on the key fob perfectly.

Try to Lock the ML off the key fob (press the button once like we used to)and the bouncing starts (the pin go's up and down)on the drivers door,the other doors lock.

If you only press the locking button once and lock all the doors except the drivers door and try to open the drivers door then the alarm go's off .(as it is not locked)

When you press the key fob twice on the locking button the rest of the locks open and close twice along with the drivers door which go's at twice the speed and then it go's completley down and the indicators flash to say the alarm is active.

What i need to know is there any quick fix to stop the lock from bouncing and return normal service, to a one touch button locking system like it was before.

As a foot note the tailgate rear pannel may have been taken off a few weeks ago when i had some warrenty paint work done on the rear handle aperture

Any help or advise will be welcomed
Old 02-09-2006, 04:32 PM

This is down to a faulty door lock, common problem but needs replacing unfortunatley dont know of any quick repairs, bout 2 hour job to replace door lock.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hightower
This is down to a faulty door lock, common problem but needs replacing unfortunatley dont know of any quick repairs, bout 2 hour job to replace door lock.
So this would mean changing the drivers door lock relay, as this is the one that is bouncing?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:00 PM

No theres no relay it is a complete door lock that needs fitting, is it under warranty?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM

No unfortunatly
Old 02-10-2006, 12:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
driver door latch assembly...
Old 02-10-2006, 03:17 AM

Thank you very much for your answers : ,so a drivers side door lock is what is required,to fix the problem. :

Could anyone tell me please, is there a (How to-do section).With detailed pictures explaining what steps to take?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:53 PM

99' Mercedes ML320
I am having the exact same problem on my 2000 ML320 and was looking for a part # and a How to on fixing this. It can't be that hard and I'm not into paying the dealer anyways.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by kevandju
I am having the exact same problem on my 2000 ML320 and was looking for a part # and a How to on fixing this. It can't be that hard and I'm not into paying the dealer anyways.
From what i have gathered,The part is around £55 English pounds, and the dealership will have the part number if you tell them, what the part is that you want.(door locking mech)
After looking through some threads on other forums,It is a 2hour job and you can do it yourself if you take your time and drill out the window frame carrier,(inside the door after you have removed the door inner pannel)as these are pop riveted on.two rivets on the bottom and two at the top.This appears to be the hardest part of the job.Our suv is a 2000, ML270cdi

HTH

Paul R
Old 02-11-2006, 02:58 PM

Yeah its not too hard, need a drill though for the rivets on the window regulator and a phillips and torx screwdriver for the door card