Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parktronic issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk55 amg
parktronic issues

Hi everyone, my sensors on the front left side are driving me mad. every time I come to a halt they go off full beep with nothing anywhere near them. Have not got time to take it to MB at moment and on the basis that I rarely have need for the front parktronic i want to disable the beeper. Can someone tell me where the beeper is located and secondly where is the control unit for the front sensors.(might check for something loose etc...).
Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 AM

W211 / E280
Originally Posted by eddieb
Hi everyone, my sensors on the front left side are driving me mad. every time I come to a halt they go off full beep with nothing anywhere near them. Have not got time to take it to MB at moment and on the basis that I rarely have need for the front parktronic i want to disable the beeper. Can someone tell me where the beeper is located and secondly where is the control unit for the front sensors.(might check for something loose etc...).
There is a strip or clip that the sensors clip in to and obviously 1 has become disconnected and is loose. I had the same problem a few months ago. The swirch to cut off Parktronics all togehter is in the center between the center console and the shift lever. You cannot turn off by left/right side or front/rear.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 clk55 amg
Thanks Jakarta, did you manage to fix this yourself and if yes how did you get at the clips. plus:
Do you know where the control box is located?
Do you know where the beeper is located for the front display?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:02 PM

just pull the fuse rather than having to use the switch everytine you get in thecar if you open the drivers door youll see a little panel on the side of the dash, pull this off with a screwdriver underneath it, it should just pop off and the fuse list should be in there. i think the beeper is part of the cluster! not sure though. youll need a plastic wedge/protected screwdiver to remove the front trims around your sensors
Old 01-31-2007, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Originally Posted by eddieb
control unit is located under the passanger side carpet under the metal plate. Doubt anything is loose. any error codes are stored in the module so don't unplug it. Have the dealer scan it.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 clk55 amg
Hightower, the dealer has already replaced one of the sensors in the same area where the current problem is.They told me they have to remove the entire front bumper to replace them, can I get to them by removing the trim around the sensors? and does each one have a connector at the back or do they have a wire coming out which goes back to a plug and socket for all the front sensors?

Last edited by eddieb; 02-01-2007 at 05:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-04-2007, 09:05 AM

it depends, if you look at the trims in the bumper around the sensors you will be able to pull it slightly by poking a screwdriver into it, if you can then they should only really have to pull the trim off, it is easier with the bumper off though, there is a wiring loom that comes from the front SAM (fuse box) this has 6 plugs on it running along the front bumper, one of each attaches to a sensor. are you able to get a printout from the star test they did when u had the car in?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 clk55 amg
OK that sounds like it might be difficult. The beeping sounds as if it is coming from inside the display pod on top of the dash, can anyone tell me how to get inside this thing as it seems to be fairly tightly fixed.