Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is Service D?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
What is Service D?

I have a 2005 E55 Wagon. Appearantly, I am being told that I have to do a "Service D Plan" in 28 days? What is a service D? I can not find the answer on the interent. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
There are only 2 services, A and B. The letters that come up show what is actually due on those services. I understand that there is a way to have this spelled out on the car but have not done this myself
Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 E350 ,
D service

Your year 211 vehilce has the ASSYST Plus, or FSS Plus, the only model to display it on the cluster. MB used this when their services were warranty, only certain areas would be serviced. The tech would query up the memory in the vehilce for what is "due" as like oil change or brake flush... the vehilce would determine what part of a service would be due to fix. Since MB has dropped the Warranty service plan, all vehilces has gone back to just your A and B style service, with additional work would be based on time and milage from a service sheet. Year model 03 and 04 under manufactures warranty will still use the FSS plus for warranty services untill the vehilce is still under warranty. 05 and up will be customer pay.

Aslo, in the cluster if there is a "+" next to the letter service, that means the front pads are less than 50%.. untill the next time you have brakes replaced and the 50% sensor will not be used anymore for it interfers with the AM radio!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Do this and tell me what #'s you come up with.

Get in the driver's seat and close the door. Turn the key to position 1 and tap the reset button on the odometer 3 times. A menu should come up stating the vehicles main source battery voltage. Using the down arrow on the left of the steering wheel, press it once or twice and you come to a menu that states

Confirmation
Items
and a few other things below that.

Using the Minus button on the right side of the steering wheel, press it once and Highlight the Items selection. Now press the "Menu Scroll Down" button on the left side of the steering wheel once. It should list a bunch of numbers.

Write them down and post them up in here.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Your car came with a Maintenance booklet that explains what all the "services" entail.

Reading this should be easier than searching the Internet.

If yours is missing, your dealer can get you a replacement.

BTW, you're supposed to glue the 10-yr SBC warranty page to the back of this booklet.

Last edited by lkchris; 02-21-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Sorry about not responding sooner, busy at work. The # was 2M000000P. Does that mean anything or did I do it wrong?

Originally Posted by Racin_fool

Get in the driver's seat and close the door. Turn the key to position 1 and tap the reset button on the odometer 3 times. A menu should come up stating the vehicles main source battery voltage. Using the down arrow on the left of the steering wheel, press it once or twice and you come to a menu that states

Confirmation
Items

Using the Minus button on the right side of the steering wheel, press it once and Highlight the Items selection. Now press the "Menu Scroll Down" button on the left side of the steering wheel once. It should list a bunch of numbers.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 Sport manual
Originally Posted by lkchris
Your car came with a Maintenance booklet that explains what all the "services" entail.

Reading this should be easier than searching the Internet.

If yours is missing, your dealer can get you a replacement.

BTW, you're supposed to glue the 10-yr SBC warranty page to the back of this booklet.
This is very sound advice.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheaper than a benz...
Originally Posted by Racin_fool

Confirmation
Items

have the doors closed and key in position 2 (engine not running)
actually you use the up and down arrows on the steering wheel and scroll until you get the service.. and hold the reset button down for a few seconds...navigate through that and youll find the service items due