Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear right door won't open on my S350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear right door won't open on my S350

Hi there. I have a '95 S350, yesterday I tried to open the rear right door and it wouldn't open. Then I tried all the other doors, and they oppened. Can you please halp me with this as soon as possible. And another problem I had a leak of the A/C fluid five months ago which I replaced, but when in turn on the A/C I hear this noise which sounds like when the the vacuum assist pulls the doors, the sound that comes after the doors are pulled.

The first problem is very important to me right now
Old 01-13-2003, 03:09 PM

Question

I turned the engine on untill it warmed up and the turned the heater on at max, in order to maybe unfrezze the door , since it was really cold. But still the right rear door wont open. Anny sugestions

Last edited by rekatt; 01-13-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:42 AM

CLK 320
This may be too obvious but the first thing that comes to mind is the child lock. But you should be able to open the door from the outside if the child lock was on. Hmmmm
Old 01-15-2003, 02:44 PM

Question

This has been giving me hard time for a long time now. I tried everything. The only thing left is to take to the MB Service, and they'll fix it I guess.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
As far as the door not opening, I can't help you. I've never seen that before. Your A/C problem on the other hand is probably the evaporator core leaking, which is a very involved repair, and hence very expensive. You're probably looking in the ballpark of $2,000 to fix.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:44 AM

At last, thanks God, the door opeened. And guess how. By kicking it, from inside. I took to the mechanic two weeks ago. He said that it was form the cold and that there was no way to open it other than with force. And so I did, "the kicking". And I had to kick hard, real hard. Kicking with one leg didnt help so I had to use my booth feet. Man I'm talking here about some serious kicking. The second hit with my both feet displaced the door from its original posotion, and later it had to be adjusted. The door opened after the mechanic almost lost hope, and my brother was inside the car trying to push the door with his shoulder. And, it opened. Simple as that. Thanks God the kicking didnt do any damage at all. But hey it was a thrill.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
It would have been a laugh to see the people scatter as soon as the door let loose! Glad you got it open, I wonder why it stuck so bad. I've never seen or heard of anything like that, besides cars that have been in accidents.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:14 PM

2000 E430 Desert Silver
rekatt

It happened to my Honda Accord once due to the Locking system. Just like you, I just can not open the door from outside. Then I had to open it from inside and by pushing it like you did. For about 6 months, that thing happened once a month and one day, the door was completely locked

They had to remove the door from inside to be able to change the Locking system! It was a big job therefore it cost me almost $1000 (The Honda dealer charge $2000.). I guess you better to change the 'Locking' system for that door before it's too late. Good luck.