Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a new SDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Need a new SDS

Need one with developer software on it, quality not the china fake crap, have one of those already that doesn't work. Any ideas?

TIA
Old 12-28-2015, 03:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
Go for original Xentry Connect C5 or upgradeable Super mb star, quality guaranteed
Old 12-28-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 MB C230K Sport Sedan & 2011 MB C300
I got my Star diagnostic system from Mico at Autoscanit.com
Old 12-29-2015, 04:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
http://www.evilution.co.uk/info/buying_mb_star.htm no affiliated link, very detail& really helpful to choose a Star tool
Old 06-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by buklae620
I got my Star diagnostic system from Mico at Autoscanit.com
Hi! How's your SDS holding up 2 years (or more) down the line? This site costs almost 3 times as other sellers, would you say you got value for your money? Seller claims his is of "German" origin.
The following users liked this post:
silverc4s (07-08-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by NaijaBerry
Hi! How's your SDS holding up 2 years (or more) down the line? This site costs almost 3 times as other sellers, would you say you got value for your money? Seller claims his is of "German" origin.
It has served me VERY WELL. I have the Mercedes C4 Scanner which I purchased 3 yrs ago. It came with a Dell D630 laptop and a license dongle. After 3 yrs, the license on it expired so I upgraded to newer software (2017 version) and a newer Dell E6420 laptop. Laptop upgrade was OPTIONAL, but I chose it for a few reasons like boot up time, mobility, battery life, and wireless internet capability.

My family members are starting to get into the Mercedes market ever since my Mom and I started driving them so Ive been dubbed the family mechanic 😀 so this tool has saved us thousands in trips to the dealer and maintenance costs since I do all the work myself.

Autoscanit has prices that are 3-4x the price of the chinese clones you find off ebay and other sites. Tech support and "after the sale" was a concern as I was considering this purchase. I bit the bullet anyway and took a chance after I did my due diligence.

i have had to utilize autoscanit's tech support for minor questions and such and the response has always been in a timely manner.
NaijaBerry (06-08-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 12:09 PM

2008 ML63 AMG
It has served me VERY WELL. I have the Mercedes C4 Scanner which I purchased 3 yrs ago. It came with a Dell D630 laptop and a license dongle. After 3 yrs, the license on it expired so I upgraded to newer software (2017 version) and a newer Dell E6420 laptop. Laptop upgrade was OPTIONAL, but I chose it for a few reasons like boot up time, mobility, battery life, and wireless internet capability.

My family members are starting to get into the Mercedes market ever since my Mom and I started driving them so Ive been dubbed the family mechanic 😀 so this tool has saved us thousands in trips to the dealer and maintenance costs since I do all the work myself.

Autoscanit has prices that are 3-4x the price of the chinese clones you find off ebay and other sites. Tech support and "after the sale" was a concern as I was considering this purchase. I bit the bullet anyway and took a chance after I did my due diligence.

i have had to utilize autoscanit's tech support for minor questions and such and the response has always been in a timely manner.
Wow! That's my story exactly, I'm the family mechanic except I've had to learn how to fix Japanese cars, Porshe's and now Mercedes I've been battling with it after a mechanic screwed me over. Over here apart from the stealer robbing you dry, people are generally inept so I rely a whole lot on the very helpful forums like this one. This is my second merc both of them nightmares, I figured best to DIY it I'd rather pay for my own mistakes and so far, I've fallen in love with mercs again.

OK so is this seller actually in Canada? Did your unit ship from Canada?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by NaijaBerry
Wow! That's my story exactly, I'm the family mechanic except I've had to learn how to fix Japanese cars, Porshe's and now Mercedes I've been battling with it after a mechanic screwed me over. Over here apart from the stealer robbing you dry, people are generally inept so I rely a whole lot on the very helpful forums like this one. This is my second merc both of them nightmares, I figured best to DIY it I'd rather pay for my own mistakes and so far, I've fallen in love with mercs again.

OK so is this seller actually in Canada? Did your unit ship from Canada?
Yes, the seller is located in Canada and my unit shipped from there.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:29 AM

Received 238 Likes on 164 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
Let me explain something here..... and this is my honest opinion. No ONE is a supplier for Mercedes Benz multiplexers. They claim theirs is made in Germany by ACTIA..... That's a lie! They are taking your money and sending you high quality chinese clones, which work great. I have used them for years. Depending on your needs you can also use the new Xentry Passthru. It works with any J2534 device but is limited to CAN communcation only. So you pretty much 2006 and up vehicles. I have been using the passthru software for about 2 years and it works great.
NaijaBerry (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 12:58 AM

2008 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
Let me explain something here..... and this is my honest opinion. No ONE is a supplier for Mercedes Benz multiplexers. They claim theirs is made in Germany by ACTIA..... That's a lie! They are taking your money and sending you high quality chinese clones, which work great. I have used them for years. Depending on your needs you can also use the new Xentry Passthru. It works with any J2534 device but is limited to CAN communcation only. So you pretty much 2006 and up vehicles. I have been using the passthru software for about 2 years and it works great.
Thanks for you contribution, much appreciated.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:14 PM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
is passthough only good for diagonostics or can you change or add options such as adding TPMS once the modules and harness have been installed? And turning on low fuel on rhe message center, and etc.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:19 PM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Yes, the seller is located in Canada and my unit shipped from there.
did you pay $2300 for your C4 ????
That is way out of my price range.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ot1

did you pay $2300 for your C4 ????
That is way out of my price range.
yes, I paid $2300.