Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cany anyone renew FBS4 ISM or suggest software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
Cany anyone renew FBS4 ISM or suggest software

I have a FBS4 ISM (shift module) for R231 SL500, (same part as the W166 etc)

its also the same part as the FBS3, but apparantly fbs4 has different encryption.

I also have abrites and the MN026 package to renew ISM and ECU,

My shift module (part number 0002703252) has failed and I have another from another vehicle but cannot unlock (renew) it.

Abrites say they are close to completing the FBS4 renew but nothing yet.

Can anyone out there do this via teamviewer using abrites interface (or even C4) as a pass thru to program it. If so I will pay $100 via paypal.

of does anyone know any software that definitely works with FBS4 (common on 2013 onwards mercedes)

I can just order the TRP from mercedes and wait for abriotes release in futute, but worth asking just in case someone has solution. I found 2 people, one in lond and one in Czech Republic that can renew it if I mail it but Im in florida.

I don't mind mailing it to someone in the USA if they are confident of renewing it. I do have the ability to scn code it once its back to virgin state

thanks

Last edited by terrymargate; 04-19-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'82 380 SL
Shifter

Why not just pay an independent or dealer to repair it properly?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:11 PM

merdeces s320
Because I was tryign to repair it myself and had plenty of these ISM (DSM) units lying around.

All fixed now, ordered new theft relevant part from mercedes $470. They grumbled about supplying it without programming but eventually agreed.

I fitted the part, SCN coded it online and activated it, then calibrated it. All is working great.

Hopefully they will crack the FBS4 encryption soon and I can use someof these greaboxes and shift modules that I have piling up.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW X3
Have the same problem

Hi
I also need to renew an FBS4 7G, ISN and ECU. As you said, I also used Abrites FBS4 manager but it did not support my units.
Did you finally solve your problem? Did you say some people in London and Czech were capable of doing it?
This is my e-m-a-i-l: " Speed.car.repair AT Gmail dot com "
Looking forward to your answer.

Thank you in advance

Can you help me? because I am completely helpless.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:42 PM

merdeces s320
Im really disappointed with Abrites, I spent thousands on their equipment. They first told me MN026 would do all the units, I spend over $2000 on that add on, it only worked with the old FBS3

Then they said all my units were FBS4 which did not work (not what they told me in the beginning) but they were working on a fix so to hang fire. Over 2 years later they supposedly fixed the FBS4 problem but they were selling a standalone product instead MN027. I freaked out at them for stringing me along all this time and selling me something that still did not function as they had pro,ised. Bulgaria told me to **** off, but Abrites USA kindly paid for my FBS4 license as I was about to take them to court for the MN026.

So I tried it on 5 cars from 2014 to 2017, it does not work on any of them, now they say my models are not supported (same line they gave me almost 3 years ago) and they are adding models all the time

In the meantime I bought another AVDI interface in case mine was at fault. They want $500 to transfer the licenses to my new unit

Abrites may make some good hardware but personally I am over $4000 out of pocket all to renew some ISM and ETC which they promised me at the start would work fine. Still does not work and sick of going round in circles.

As I say they may make some good hardware but its no good for me, just does to do what they claimed it would do. Im exploring other options at the moment. I may still ending up suing them for the MN026 as I have it in writing back in early that its supports most models with the rest to be added in update coming on March 2016. Almost 3 years later and still no joy, complete brain damage and best avoided.

Its a shame because Abrites USA have really tried to help, bulgaria have been super rude and unhelpful, blaming me for it not working, I should have known about this new fangled FBS4. They are the experts not me, they told me it would work and it does not.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:43 AM

BMW X3
Thank you for your attention friend. Yeah you are right. Abrites sucks. At the beginning, they are very vague about the capabilities of their products and when you buy it, you find out that their support is limited to a couple of items. I hoped their MN027 would be at least capable of renewing my TCU but it did not.
So what did you finally do? Are you still looking for a tool to do FBS4? any success?
Old 12-09-2018, 09:29 PM

merdeces s320
am still searching, will post here if I find anything of use
Old 12-10-2018, 02:01 AM

BMW X3
Thank you, friend. I have heard that Diagspeed has a new product but do not know about its exact capabilities.
By the way, they do not sell it to me because I am from the middle east.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:51 AM

BMW X3
Hi
I finally could renew the ISM.
Now I need to find the Virgin ECU file.
Can anyone help? I promise to return the favor.
This is my wtsap: 00989177187897
The following 2 users liked this post by ahmadispeed:
jhonyelectron (06-03-2022), sogaro (06-02-2021)
Old 12-30-2018, 06:28 AM

BMW X3
Can you buy the Virgin ECU for me?

If you could find me the Virgin ECU, I would be glad to pay you and share whatever that I know with you.
(The ECU that I have attached its picture)
The following users liked this post:
jhonyelectron (06-03-2022)