Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2004 | 12:53 AM

09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
Instrument cluster

If someone could tell me if I missing something, that my instrument cluster doesn't light up when I turn on the headlights. I checked the blubs and they are all fine. I check the fuse box on adjencent to the driver side on the side of the dash board and the behind the battery under the seat. Am I missing something??
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:56 AM

I figured out that i did not know there was another fuse box in the engine capartment. I had a blown fuse. you guys don't even know jack. I'm kind of disappointed that I found this all on my own and yet none of you guys never really get some elbow grease. That's pretty sad.
Old 05-31-2004 | 02:54 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Thumbs down

Wow bro, chill out. Maybe people read your post but didnt know the solution so they didnt reply or maybe no one got to it. Its not too chill of you to bag on other people especially when youre still a junior member. I too am a jr. member but I dont flame people. Im sorry you are dissapointed. Im very happy here and feel very welcome. Ive learned a lot in the past few days and have received a lot of help. Thanks guys!
Old 05-31-2004 | 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
HAHAHA, you didnt know the car has a fuse box in the engine bay, and WE dont know jack!?!...HAHAHA that might be the most uneducated, ridiculous statement i have heard.
Old 05-31-2004 | 05:02 PM

95 E320 Cabriolet, 108K
BenzVince must be new to automotive forums.
Old 05-31-2004 | 05:29 PM

Originally posted by ahopeter
HAHAHA, you didnt know the car has a fuse box in the engine bay, and WE dont know jack!?!...HAHAHA that might be the most uneducated, ridiculous statement i have heard.

It takes two to know one, cheesedick! I never heard of another fuse box in the engine bay. Unlike Mercedes, alot of cars are usually in the dashboard or under.
Old 05-31-2004 | 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Kestas
BenzVince must be new to automotive forums.

As far as being new to automotive forum, I'm not new to it. Yes, I'm new to the MBworld forum but I'm familiar to it since I am a member of the Maxima Forum. I still have that car and been with them for four years now. I'm quite verse in auotmotive repairs. My point on this posting was that not even one person neither know the answer to my question or they are just mostly "mechanically challegened" On the other forum, everyone knew what they were talking about and give different perspective on "how to". Most of the posting on here I have read were rampant or giving inaccurate information, I'm not trying to insult someone or this community for the matter. I've seen worse espeically on the Mercedesshop.com forum. They were absolutely clueless. Some of the posting I have read there were a laughingstock and confusing on what the heck are they talking about.
Old 05-31-2004 | 08:52 PM

95 E320 Cabriolet, 108K
What do you mean, your not trying to insult this community? You've done nothing but insult.

BenzVince, whether you realize it or not, it's very unusual (and rude) for someone to post a question, then lash out and insult an entire board for not knowing the answer to your question, or simply not answering.

Before I saw this post, I was actually digging out information for your previous post on instrument bulbs, but realized the information is in my computer at work. Now I have no desire to help you.

We're all volunteers on this board and help when we can. If we disappoint you because we don't know jack, then don't post here. Better yet, sell your Benz and stick with your Maxima if MBWorld and Mercedesshop are beneath you and free help from a forum is so important to you.
Old 05-31-2004 | 09:23 PM

2003 SL
He waited only one day to put out his flame post... and obviously did not read the manual first.

A clue to posting, do your homework first, then the senior members will:

1. respect you
2. help you

Insulting everyone will guarantee no one will want to help you in the future.

I post on a lot of forums (google my name)... many times people do not reply, even when they know the answer. The grown up thing to do is be patient. With only 18 posts on the forum, he's not quite in the "community" yet.

I'm still a newbie myself.

Greg
Old 06-01-2004 | 05:01 PM

Allow me to share my opinion regarding this forum/community.

This forum taught me so much about my new ride (W208) and about Mercedes Benz in general. I feel that most members here will try their best to help other fellow members. For example, last week I need help with instruction on how to install the comand and some members spent their time and effort in helping me out (thanks again Paul and those that replied to my messages).

Message to BenzVince: Please be patient with your problem. You should not disrespect members here if they are not able to help with your problem. Afterall, it is your problem and not ours and we are not your 24hrs on call tech. And if you're able to correct your own problem then you should just share your new found knowledge with us. This forum is about learning, sharing and helping. If this is not your expectation then the right course of action is to pack and move on.

Good Luck.

Last edited by MBPhD; 06-01-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2004 | 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
He didn't even post what kind of car he has (I assume it is a Mercedes, but maybe he was talking about a Maxima).

So, maybe there was no fuse block under the hood... who can say.

-s-
Old 06-01-2004 | 09:30 PM

Originally posted by scorchie
He didn't even post what kind of car he has (I assume it is a Mercedes, but maybe he was talking about a Maxima).

So, maybe there was no fuse block under the hood... who can say.

-s-
\

if it was a friggin Maxima, why would I be here on this forum. LOL. Geez, some of you people don't even have logic here. Oh whatever anyways. It's cool.
Old 06-01-2004 | 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by BenzVince
\

if it was a friggin Maxima, why would I be here on this forum. LOL. Geez, some of you people don't even have logic here. Oh whatever anyways. It's cool.
Not all Mercedes have fuse blocks under the hood, and you mentioned Maxima. Why are you here? I don't know what you might be trying to do. I can't second guess your actions. So maybe you need to learn about logic...

Oh well, good luck with your car. Into the ignore heap.

-s-
Old 06-10-2004 | 07:10 PM

LS7 powered Corvette
Is it a 220? Depending on the model of Benz, It could have fuses in a whole lot of different places.....