Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glc63 engine temp issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 06:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2021 glc63s
Glc63 engine temp issue

Hi
got a weird issue with my new glc63s. Getting a cel and dealer tells me it’s a p012880 code. Engine not getting up to temp. Dealer says car is running fine. No temp issue at all. Mercedes says I will meet a software patch to fix it. I was told I wasn’t the only one with this issue. Tried googling this issue but found nothing. Anyone hear anything about this issue? Looks like it may be a while till I get my software patch according to my dealer.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
This issue commonly happens if the thermostat is faulty and stuck open or opening prematurely, or the coolant temp sensor is faulty. Have not heard of there being a software issue in the V8 causing this. Theoretically, there can be a software issue as the ECU calculates based on the ambient temperature how long it should take the engine to reach operating temperature and if it takes longer, then this fault code is thrown. So it could be that there is a bug with this calculation if your thermostat and coolant temp sensor is working otherwise, but as said, have not read about such an issue with this engine. Here's a recent thread from somebody having this issue with a new C63 and as expected the thermostat was faulty and all is fixed after replacing it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ode-p0128.html
Old 06-02-2022, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63s
Was wondering if you ever got a fix to this. Mine (2020 GLC63) has been in the shop for almost three weeks now for this exact same thing. They did a thermostat (it was stuck open) but for the last two weeks have been trouble shooting it since they keep getting the same code. Quite frustrating since it is a new car (to me) with only around 7k miles. Thanks