Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes Me Connect stuck on "Activation in Progress"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 04:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Rivian R1T
Mercedes Me Connect stuck on "Activation in Progress"

My family recently got the EQS 450+ and for some reason most of the Mercedes Me connect features (Including Plug & Charge which is really important) is stuck on "Activation in Progress". The dealership has no idea why this is happening. And after a month of talking with Mercedes Me connect customer support they concluded that the dealership can help. And after contacting the dealership again, they have no idea why the tech support would give this as a solution. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do next? It seems like it's something on their end and they are trying to put the blame on the car.

And the worst part is, two weeks ago I received an email telling me everything has been activated (when it wasn't).

Last edited by alexzz123; 01-18-2022 at 04:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (05-12-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
Not sure if it's the same situation, but I had a similar issue with activating the services on my C63S a little over two years ago. The sales person didn't complete all the steps. Stopped by the dealership and he and I sat together in the car calling Mercedes me connect support from the car and they walked him through all the steps, and then I did my end of the activation and it all worked at the end. Best to get everybody on the horn together, because each side has to do their part.
biker349 (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 07:31 AM

Received 146 Likes on 121 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Good luck. The entire product, including the "customer support" operation, is pure crap. I went through the same thing, literally for years; support said take it to the dealer and the dealer said call support. Neither was ever able to make the app fully functional and it remained so throughout the entire "complementary" period. I declined to start paying for it.

Last edited by Mr. Toad; 01-20-2022 at 07:26 AM.
biker349 (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
Good luck. The entire product, including the "customer support" operation, is pure crap. I went through the same thing, literally for years; support said take it to the the dealer and the dealer said call support. Neither was ever able to make the app fully functional and it remained so throughout the entire "complementary" period. I declined to start paying for it.
If this is for your 2016 E400, then 6 years have passed since and the product has been completely replaced for 2019+ vehicles. It's no longer the old mBrace. The new product works great for the most part, while they are still rewriting some of the services, but the all-new app etc. are very stable now, once OP gets the sales person to activate it properly. As I said, just call Mercedes me connect support from the car together with the sales person and get it sorted with everybody on the line.
biker349 (05-12-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 06:10 PM

Rivian R1T
Originally Posted by superswiss
If this is for your 2016 E400, then 6 years have passed since and the product has been completely replaced for 2019+ vehicles. It's no longer the old mBrace. The new product works great for the most part, while they are still rewriting some of the services, but the all-new app etc. are very stable now, once OP gets the sales person to activate it properly. As I said, just call Mercedes me connect support from the car together with the sales person and get it sorted with everybody on the line.
Problem is, I already did that. According to Mercedes Me connect Customer Service, everything was setup properly by the dealership and there's nothing missing on my end. Right now, they believe there's something wrong with there HERMES (Communication) Module. So tomorrow, the dealership will be attempting a full reset of the module. And if that doesn't work, possible replacement. Fingers crossed, all it needs is a reset.
The following 2 users liked this post by alexzz123:
biker349 (01-21-2022), Mr. Toad (01-20-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by alexzz123
Problem is, I already did that. According to Mercedes Me connect Customer Service, everything was setup properly by the dealership and there's nothing missing on my end. Right now, they believe there's something wrong with there HERMES (Communication) Module. So tomorrow, the dealership will be attempting a full reset of the module. And if that doesn't work, possible replacement. Fingers crossed, all it needs is a reset.
Yeah, there have been instances where the HERMES module was locked up. It's also affected by the chip shortages and it's missing from some of the cars. Supposed to be retrofitted sometime this year.
biker349 (01-21-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a class
My family recently got the EQS 450+ and for some reason most of the Mercedes Me connect features (Including Plug & Charge which is really important) is stuck on "Activation in Progress". The dealership has no idea why this is happening. And after a month of talking with Mercedes Me connect customer support they concluded that the dealership can help. And after contacting the dealership again, they have no idea why the tech support would give this as a solution. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do next? It seems like it's something on their end and they are trying to put the blame on the car.

And the worst part is, two weeks ago I received an email telling me everything has been activated (when it wasn't).
hi has this been rectified
Old 05-11-2022, 11:11 AM

Rivian R1T
Originally Posted by hem415
hi has this been rectified
Yes, turns out the car needed to be flashed with new software to work. It took a few hours but afterwards everything activated.

But, the car turned out to be a lemon. One day the car refuse to charge and run. MBUSA brought an engineer to the dealership and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it.

So the car was bought back and we got a new one where everything is working day one.
biker349 (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 09:04 AM

a class
Problem is, I already did that. According to Mercedes Me connect Customer Service, everything was setup properly by the dealership and there's nothing missing on my end. Right now, they believe there's something wrong with there HERMES (Communication) Module. So tomorrow, the dealership will be attempting a full reset of the module. And if that doesn't work, possible replacement. Fingers
crossed, all it needs is a reset.
hi,

has this been rectified?? I am facing similar issue, what ca. be the possible solution??
Old 05-12-2022, 08:50 PM

Rivian R1T
hi,

has this been rectified?? I am facing similar issue, what ca. be the possible solution??

you need to bring the car into service for them to fix it. They need to update the firmware of the hardware modules. It should only take an hour for them to fix it.
Old 05-13-2022, 02:14 AM

a class
you need to bring the car into service for them to fix it. They need to update the firmware of the hardware modules. It should only take an hour for them to fix it.
Thanks for the reply, is it the hardware modules or the Hermes communication module that needs updating??
Old 05-13-2022, 08:15 AM

Rivian R1T
Thanks for the reply, is it the hardware modules or the Hermes communication module that needs updating??
In my case, it was everything but the Hermes module. But it can be a completely different case for you.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:38 PM

EQS 450+

Try registering with a different browser. I had this problem with an old version of safari. I logged in with Chrome and the Plug & Charge activation completed.

Old 05-15-2022, 03:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
GLK350
Different browser - strange but very possible

Yup, it's amazing how a browser can affect your experience. There are a few good ones out there to try.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:51 AM

gle 400
I have the same problem .Any idea????
Old 01-28-2023, 11:49 AM

EQS 450+
Try using Chrome to register.