Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2005 Corvette Z51 427ci over 500RWHP - $26,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GTI
2005 Corvette Z51 427ci over 500RWHP - $26,000

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApMnc0mCInU

2005 C6 CORVETTE 427ci 600HP+ FAST CLEAN

PRICE: $26,000

2005 C6 Corvette
Z51 Package (slotted rotors, transmission cooler, thicker sway bars)
Machine Silver Color
6 speed manual transmission
Black C6 Split Spoke Wheels
Firestone Run-flat tires (front have plenty of life left, the rears are nearing their end)
92,000 Miles (all in California - no salt no snow)

MOTOR
Forged 427ci motor
LS3 Block
CNC'ed L92 heads, (360cfm intake and 280 cfm exhaust)
Patriot gold duel springs
stainless valves
titanium retainers
Scat 4.100 forged crank
Scat rods
ARP bolts
Diamond forged pistons
ARP head studs
L76 manifold
40lb injectors
Comp lifters
Hardend pushrods
Comp cam 232/234/595/598/112LSA
MSD wires
160 stat
Motor built and speed density tuned by Charlie Williams @RPM Motors
Installed at A&A Corvette
Dyno - 523rwhp/489rwtq

Other modifications:
Kooks headers 1 3/4''
B&B Bullet CAT back exhaust
Accelerator Intake
Elite Engineering oil catch can
Balanced LS7 clutch
Direct fit large capacity radiator
New water pump (installed August 1 at Lindsay Cadillac)

I recently drove this car from Los Angeles, CA to Alexandria, VA - car performed flawlessly and I got on average 28 MPG. The forged motor has 40,000 miles on it and was built by one of the most well known Corvette engine builders in the country (Charlie @ RPM Motorsports CA). The car has never been abused or raced. The car did have a door skin replaced from an accident that occurred in a parking lot (I have a copy of the carfax report).

VA Emissions - car has all the proper components to meet VA emissions and is good for the next year.
The reason for sale:

After purchasing the car I was offered a tremendous employment opportunity. I could keep the car, but it just doesn't make practical sense given my new office location in DC. Sitting in traffic in the city bumper to bumper is no fun and I need something a bit more practical for city driving.

I look forward to answering your questions, regardless of how trivial you may think they are. Any chance to talk cars is warmly welcomed! I have all documented receipts from the previous owner since the car rolled off the assembly line - even down to EVERY single oil change. All was hand documented.

There is one small problem I've yet to work out:

The passenger window, when warm out side, doesn't like to go down unless you tap the inside of the door. It could be the track is ever so slightly off alignment or the switch could have a small short. I doubt this is a significant issue and could be resolved fairly quickly, I just haven't had the time to pull the door apart.

Other than that issue the car is PERFECT!

In the end someone is going to get this car at a great price and with a motor that will last 300,000 miles!

PRICE: $26,000

* I encourage you to shop around for other cars of this year and mileage that are stock. You can not and will not find this much car for this little bit of money ANYWHERE. this is price just a few thousand over TRADE IN value.

Happy Motoring,

Last edited by valdeztke; 09-25-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
90k on a Chevy! Not to mention you posted in the wrong section. This is the MB listings, not Chevy!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

P.S. Your car at Manheim with 50k is selling for $21,000 so yours is worth maybe $17000. You are probally not gonna be able to take advantage of anyone here in this forum. The MB owner is a little smarter then that! Opps and yours has a dirty Carfax!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:49 PM

2008 GTI
Whoops! I tried to PM a moderator. Hopefully they can move it - sorry about that fellas. Clearly pre-coffee mistake.

As for the mileage - yep, 90K miles. Motor is rock solid and never had any electrical gremlins.

I understand the predisposed inclination that some owners have for American cars, so I'm sure more valueless comments such as your are bound to flood my FS thread.

So please, if you must, expand on the worthless quality and poor construction of American made cars. But If I had them passing me constantly on the track I would be upset too-haha. You have to justify the price of your vehicle, I get that. What better way then to cheer for the quality of leather stitching on the steering wheel. I'm not here to defend American quality, far from it. I think its rubbish, especially having owned a MKV R32 and a E93 335i.

Nonetheless, I'm sure there are plenty of people that can appreciate the design, power and price of this C6 Corvette - not to mention getting a $16,000 forged NA 427 motor .

Last edited by valdeztke; 09-25-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:52 PM

2008 GTI
Originally Posted by emoving
P.S. Your car at Manheim with 50k is selling for $21,000 so yours is worth maybe $17000. You are probally not gonna be able to take advantage of anyone here in this forum. The MB owner is a little smarter then that! Opps and yours has a dirty Carfax!
check this from the first post - you make it sound like I was hiding it

The car did have a door skin replaced from an accident that occurred in a parking lot (I have a copy of the carfax report).

Last edited by valdeztke; 09-25-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by valdeztke
Whoops! I tried to PM a moderator. Hopefully they can move it - sorry about that fellas. Clearly pre-coffee mistake.

As for the mileage - yep, 90K miles. Motor is rock solid and never had any electrical gremlins.

I understand the predisposed inclination that some owners have for American cars, so I'm sure more valueless comments such as your are bound to flood my FS thread.

So please, if you must, expand on the worthless quality and poor construction of American made cars. But If I had them passing me constantly on the track I would be upset too-haha. You have to justify the price of your vehicle, I get that. What better way then to cheer for the quality of leather stitching on the steering wheel. I'm not here to defend American quality, far from it. I think its rubbish, especially having owned a MKV R32 and a E93 335i.

Nonetheless, I'm sure there are plenty of people that can appreciate the design, power and price of this C6 Corvette - not to mention getting a $16,000 forged NA 427 motor .
I love it! You speak so highly of the quality and the ability to pass 55's on the track yet you are selling to buy a 55! I
Old 09-25-2009, 02:10 PM

2008 GTI
I love it! You speak so highly of the quality and the ability to pass 55's on the track yet you are selling to buy a 55! I
Time to settle down my man - plus the LEO looks down at putting kids in the hatch of Vette. haha

I know, you went from the E55 up to the C4S - I'm ready for a salooooooon! What better than the E55 (or CTS-V...)

Not sure why I said C42...haha

Last edited by valdeztke; 09-25-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Time to settle down my man - plus the LEO looks down at putting kids in the hatch of Vette. haha

I know, you went from the E55 up to the C42 - I'm ready for a salooooooon! What better than the E55 (or CTS-V...)
Just sold the C4S and getting another 55! I really miss the 55 and the
P-car was not working well with the kids! Good luck with your sale and finding a nice 55! These cars are monsters!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
What better than the E55 (or CTS-V...)
E63 lol
Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 PM

2008 GTI
Just sold the C4S and getting another 55! I really miss the 55 and the
P-car was not working well with the kids! Good luck with your sale and finding a nice 55! These cars are monsters!
Thanks. I will NOT SETTLE for anything that isn't WHITE. I've already told myself that. E55 is RARE in White especially with the merlot interior.

I found a nice white CLS55 here local, but they want $51,000 for it - which is about 2-3k too high.

I love the look of the CLS but not sure if they differ in handling than the E.

E63 - haha not in my price range, at least not yet.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
MOTOR - The heart of it all:
Forged 427ci motor
LS3 Block (416)
Not to be a dick...but is it a 427 or a 416?

The 4.1" stroke puts it at a 427 (a 416/418 has a 4.0" stroke)...but I can't figure out why you listed the LS3 as a 416 ci engine???

Last edited by FormulaZR; 09-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:12 PM

2008 GTI
Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Not to be a dick...but is it a 427 or a 416?

The 4.1" stroke puts it at a 427 (a 416/418 has a 4.0" stroke)...but I can't figure out why you listed the LS3 as a 416 ci engine???
I have no idea why I put there there

Tonight I plan on scanning all the documents and receipts.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM

Yes
I have no idea why I put there there

Tonight I plan on scanning all the documents and receipts.

Just wanted to make sure you had the facts as straight as possible, especially on a non-GM forum.

On another note...do you know % duty cycle the injectors are on?

PS, to the guy that has/had the fancy VW C4...you're an idiot and obviously have no idea what you're talking about, if you have nothing useful to contribute GTFO. The price he is asking is way more than fair for what he's selling. That 427 w/exhaust is easily $15k+
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 PM

2008 GTI
Just wanted to make sure you had the facts as straight as possible, especially on a non-GM forum.

PS, to the guy with the Porsche...you're an idiot and obviously have no idea what you're talking about, if you have nothing useful to contribute GTFO. The price he is asking is way more than fair for what he's selling. Even IF that was a 100% stock 'Vette he's still not too far out of the money. That 427 w/exhaust is easily $10k+.
Thanks for pointing that out. Not 100% sure on the duty cycle.
Andy at A&A Corvette did all the work on the motor and tuned it.

I have a copy of HP Tuner at home I could pull injectors duty cycle or post a file here if you have a copy of HP Tuner.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PS, to the guy that has/had the fancy VW C4...you're an idiot and obviously have no idea what you're talking about, if you have nothing useful to contribute GTFO. The price he is asking is way more than fair for what he's selling. That 427 w/exhaust is easily $15k+
Your such a big spender then buy it big mouth! How long does your dad let you play on the computer?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks. I will NOT SETTLE for anything that isn't WHITE. I've already told myself that. E55 is RARE in White especially with the merlot interior.

I found a nice white CLS55 here local, but they want $51,000 for it - which is about 2-3k too high.

I love the look of the CLS but not sure if they differ in handling than the E.

E63 - haha not in my price range, at least not yet.
White ones with the right options and in good shape are impossible to find. I am looking for white as well and no luck for over a year.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 PM

Yes
Your such a big spender then buy it big mouth! How long does your dad let you play on the computer?
Brilliant reply!

I'm not sure where you derived your "big spender" comment from, but I'm not in the market for another fast car right now, if I was though, this 'Vette would be on the top of the list.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 09-25-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brilliant reply!

I'm not sure where you derived your "big spender" comment from, but I'm not in the market for another fast car right now, if I was though, this 'Vette would be on the top of the list.
I'm not sure where you get off on personally attacking someone and telling them to GTFO just because they comment on a car and one that does not even pertain to you. Then you comment on a Porsche being a VW. Just shows the type of class some of the newer members like yourself bring to this forum. Keep up the good work! The original OP did better with my comments then you did.

Last edited by emoving; 09-25-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:21 PM

Yes
I'm not sure where you get off on personally attacking someone and telling them to GTFO just because they comment on a car and one that does not even pertain to you. Then you comment on a Porsche being a VW. Just shows the type of class some of the newer members like yourself bring to this forum. Keep up the good work! The original OP did better with my comments then you did.
You made comments on a car you knew very little about and that "did not even pertain to you" either and showed quite a bit of ignorance...and brought up a "dirty" carfax when the OP already said the car had body work. I originalliy posted in here with the intent to clear up a slight discrepancy in the ad...which has been done. Porsche and VW have very close ties, I figured if you can run your mouth about GM, then you should be able to take similar comments about your marque of choice.

Also, I may be a new member...but at least I can understand this warning: Please be aware that replying to posts in the classifieds section simply to challenge, undermine or dispute a posters price is against the rules of the site and you will be given a TOU infraction.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 09-25-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
* I encourage you to shop around for other cars of this year and mileage that are stock. You can not and will not find this much car for this little bit of money ANYWHERE. this is price just a few thousand over TRADE IN value.

Happy Motoring,

With some light mods, that E55 you're looking for will be smokin that Vette!!!

Have an qtr mile run slips for the Vette???

Last edited by Newzchspy; 09-25-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 PM

Looking for a C55 or CLK55

I'm staying out of the ranting but if you are looking for a White E55 with Merlot you might take a look at this. Not my car and I have no interest other than is looks very clean, all be it priced very high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E55-A...=p4506.c0.m245

Good Luck and Nice Vette . . .
Old 09-25-2009, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by calif-c230
I'm staying out of the ranting but if you are looking for a White E55 with Merlot you might take a look at this. Not my car and I have no interest other than is looks very clean, all be it priced very high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E55-A...=p4506.c0.m245

Good Luck and Nice Vette . . .
Nice find!!! 35 K miles, White!! Price is way way high though!! I guess its all relative to what you want to pay??? Was probably an off-lease car bought by broker at auction. Not a CPO for $42?? Ouch.

A tune, HE and a pulley will have that thing moving like "White Lightning."
Old 09-25-2009, 06:07 PM

Yes
White '05 E55 in NJ with 50k miles for $33k: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

White '06 E55 in GA with 41k miles for $35k: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Last edited by FormulaZR; 09-25-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:34 PM

2008 GTI
hanks for all the positive input guys>

as to track numbers, this car has never seen the track but with the power setup it will easily dip into mid-high tens.

Also want to thank pun1sh3rz for his $20,000 offer. Classy..
Old 09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also want to thank pun1sh3rz for his $20,000 offer. Classy..[/quote]

That's the problem though, unless your FormulaZR and really care about american cars, you are probally gonna get low balled here. People just see an american Corvette with almost 100k on it and . You seem like a nice guy so I hope you sell and get into a 55 but it probally won't sell here. pun1sh3rz is probally right on the mark for a 100k vette, maybe not a built one like yours but any other vette in the world with those miles!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Corvette Z51 427ci over 500RWHP - $26,000