Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Selling my C55 'Silver Bullett'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 'Silver Bullet'
Selling my C55 'Silver Bullett'

With a new baby on the way, I'm finally forced to pass along an awesome car to a lucky new owner. Posted for sale on AutoTrader here in Dallas, TX.

All options! Navigation, Logic 7 Surround Sound w iPod/MP3, black wood trim, heated factory leather & suede seats, 19 in wheels, new Z-rated tires, like new int/exterior! Service A just completed! Title is clean and in hand. Rare AMG silver bullet!!

Thanks for looking at this stunning C55 AMG dressed in silver with factory black leather and suede interior finished using white stitching and brushed aluminum AMG badging. Tinted windows, auto-leveling xenon headlights, power everything, sunroof with tilt feature. Powerful hand-built AMG V8 with automatic and paddle-shifters pushing nearly 375HP strong on newer Falken 452 tires; 4-wheel disc brakes bring her to a halt with ease. The exterior and interior of the car look absolutely fantastic as you can see in the detailed pictures. This car will put a smile on your face...

Price for this great AMG is $20,900 (firm)
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I got more options, comes with 3 set of wheels, has 48k miles, I was asking for $22,000 ppl think I was crazy. but, good luck!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Why not just get a car seat and keep it
Old 02-23-2011, 01:58 AM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Love the interior. Good luck on selling the car. If not, I sport a baby seat in the back of my car and the chicks think it's "cute".
Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Originally Posted by wawy
Why not just get a car seat and keep it
Yeah, I never understood that myself. My cars will not be going anywhere when baby time comes down the road.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by ohfiveC55
With a new baby on the way, I'm finally forced to pass along an awesome car to a lucky new owner. Posted for sale on AutoTrader here in Dallas, TX.

All options! Navigation, Logic 7 Surround Sound w iPod/MP3, black wood trim, heated factory leather & suede seats, 19 in wheels, new Z-rated tires, like new int/exterior! Service A just completed! Title is clean and in hand. Rare AMG silver bullet!!

Thanks for looking at this stunning C55 AMG dressed in silver with factory black leather and suede interior finished using white stitching and brushed aluminum AMG badging. Tinted windows, auto-leveling xenon headlights, power everything, sunroof with tilt feature. Powerful hand-built AMG V8 with automatic and paddle-shifters pushing nearly 375HP strong on newer Falken 452 tires; 4-wheel disc brakes bring her to a halt with ease. The exterior and interior of the car look absolutely fantastic as you can see in the detailed pictures. This car will put a smile on your face...

Congrats on the tot....and g/l with the sale.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
These amgs are meant to be able to transport a family and beat the Ricers at the same time!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Agree - congratulations on the new baby.

Price seems "very reasonable" to me. What else is someone going to buy for $21,000 that is remotely in the class of this car. I would hold out for your price. Wait to find someone who knows what a C55 is and wants to buy one.

Jeez, I bought a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero in September for my daughter (has 36K miles) for $19,000. It's not match in any way, shape or form as compared to the C55.

Last December (Dec '09) I bought a 2007 Lexus ES350 (13K miles) as an inclement weather vehicle so I did not have to drive my C55 in bad weather and that car cost me $27,000.

People need to get real with the price of a C55. The car was $60,000 new and it's an amazing car. I would hold tight on your price (to be honest I think the price is low) and wait to get your price or hold onto the car. Trust me, whatever you get to replace it will cost you a heck of a lot more than $21,000 and very likely won't be nearly as nice.

Selling a car for a fair price can take time. I sold my BMW 540i (car I had before the C55) and that took me several months. I got "top dollar" because the car was mint, but I held firm in the face of the folks who called and said I was asking too much. I told them to come look at it and then tell me I was asking too much. The first person who did come bought the car for full asking price.

Took me a year to sell an '07 Jaguar I had (car I replaced with the Lexus). I kept renewing the ad (renewals were free) and held out until I found someone who wanted the car.

I have turned over cars in the past and regretted selling them once they were gone because the price I got was not reflective of value transferred (even when I felt like I got "top dollar").

My two cents for what's its worth.

Last edited by mgiannetto; 02-23-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
yeah some guy offered me so low i just left lol
Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID

Nice car and 69 K miles!! Are you the original owner?? GLWS and let the new owner know of our forums.

Any mods on her???

Last edited by Newzchspy; 02-23-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Originally Posted by mgiannetto
Agree - congratulations on the new baby.

Price seems "very reasonable" to me. What else is someone going to buy for $21,000 that is remotely in the class of this car. I would hold out for your price. Wait to find someone who knows what a C55 is and wants to buy one.

Jeez, I bought a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero in September for my daughter (has 36K miles) for $19,000. It's not match in any way, shape or form as compared to the C55.

Last December (Dec '09) I bought a 2007 Lexus ES350 (13K miles) as an inclement weather vehicle so I did not have to drive my C55 in bad weather and that car cost me $27,000.

People need to get real with the price of a C55. The car was $60,000 new and it's an amazing car. I would hold tight on your price (to be honest I think the price is low) and wait to get your price or hold onto the car. Trust me, whatever you get to replace it will cost you a heck of a lot more than $21,000 and very likely won't be nearly as nice.

Selling a car for a fair price can take time. I sold my BMW 540i (car I had before the C55) and that took me several months. I got "top dollar" because the car was mint, but I held firm in the face of the folks who called and said I was asking too much. I told them to come look at it and then tell me I was asking too much. The first person who did come bought the car for full asking price.

Took me a year to sell an '07 Jaguar I had (car I replaced with the Lexus). I kept renewing the ad (renewals were free) and held out until I found someone who wanted the car.

I have turned over cars in the past and regretted selling them once they were gone because the price I got was not reflective of value transferred (even when I felt like I got "top dollar").

My two cents for what's its worth.
Agreed on the pricing thing. I love how every thread people jump up and down saying the price is too high, then they go to sell their car and jump up and down about how worthless these cars are.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 PM

2005 C55
Price seems fair to me. I don't know how may are for sale in your area, but around here in the Midwest, you are lucky to find more than 1 for sale at any given time. I bought mine a year ago because I needed a back seat for the kids. I even put a pair of RECARO child seats in the back to keep the performance theme.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by advans
yeah some guy offered me so low i just left lol

sell some of your wheels
Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
^yah, thinking about it, but also thinking about keeping them for my potential Audi RS. I just never got around to checking the offsets for those cars.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 PM

2005 C55 'Silver Bullet'
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Nice car and 69 K miles!! Are you the original owner?? GLWS and let the new owner know of our forums.

Any mods on her???
Thanks for the kind words and advice. Really have enjoyed this ride but it's time for a new adventure!

For all intents and purposes, the car is essentially stock although I have done the res delete (which sounds AWESOME) and kept the stock resonator in the event the new owner wants to really get back to basics. The 19" wheels are aftermarket, as is the birds eye maple interior, but the motor remains bone stock.

It's a great car, hope someone treats her well!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Thanks for the kind words and advice. Really have enjoyed this ride but it's time for a new adventure!

For all intents and purposes, the car is essentially stock although I have done the res delete (which sounds AWESOME) and kept the stock resonator in the event the new owner wants to really get back to basics. The 19" wheels are aftermarket, as is the birds eye maple interior, but the motor remains bone stock.

It's a great car, hope someone treats her well!
**** FWIW, I think your price is very fair considering that this guy (SuperNewb) is asking this for his:: *****

Selling my "05 c55 - Diamond Black
Will consider reasonable offers, or keep the car if no takers for this gem.

** I told him at that price he'll be keeping the car ***

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 PM

2006 C55
You know friends, we ultimately control the value placed on these vehicles. I sure as heck wouldn't let mine go for that kind of money (although mine only has about 22k on it right now with a fresh set of tires). I have a feeling I will be holding on to this car until I collect my lottery winnings and upgrade to the brand new CL63.

The way I see it is the next car I get is going to be an upgrade. Looking around at cars that I would consider an upgrade, I can't justify spending the extra money until I have a house and garage first. Then I will be buying my fiance this sweet power standing wheelchair ($20-30k).

Hell, I would be fine just winning enough to buy her that chair right now, I'll earn the rest myself as time goes by.

Starting to get off topic a little...keep the car! You will regret selling it (I think). If you do sell, stay strong on the price and don't take any less than what you have posted.

Peace.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by C55Newb121
You know friends, we ultimately control the value placed on these vehicles. I sure as heck wouldn't let mine go for that kind of money (although mine only has about 22k on it right now with a fresh set of tires). I have a feeling I will be holding on to this car until I collect my lottery winnings and upgrade to the brand new CL63.

The way I see it is the next car I get is going to be an upgrade. Looking around at cars that I would consider an upgrade, I can't justify spending the extra money until I have a house and garage first. Then I will be buying my fiance this sweet power standing wheelchair ($20-30k).

Hell, I would be fine just winning enough to buy her that chair right now, I'll earn the rest myself as time goes by.

Starting to get off topic a little...keep the car! You will regret selling it (I think). If you do sell, stay strong on the price and don't take any less than what you have posted.

Peace.
Two things to the above?? One: What do you think WE can do to control this?? WE really do NOT control the market for these? Its what the "market" is willing to pay. Two: Your car has MORE miles than my 06 C55 S7 Kleemann, what do you think your car is worth??

Last edited by Newzchspy; 02-28-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
V8, Flat 6, V6, & Turbo flat 4
Best of luck on the sale and hope it goes to a good home!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 PM

2006 C55
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Two things to the above?? One: What do you think WE can do to control this?? WE really do NOT control the market for these? Its what the "market" is willing to pay. Two: Your car has MORE miles than my 06 C55 S7 Kleemann, what do you think your car is worth??
Well, my thinking is that if we as a collective community said we were not willing to sell our cars for let's say $30,000, no one would be able to buy one of these amazing cars for less than that. Of course you do have to take into consideration the market for other vehicles of the same caliber. Maybe I am just overly optimistic in what my vehicle is worth to me. Right now, to me, it is worth at least the price of the loan. Haha.

An 06 S7 Kleemann....*drools*

If I was looking to get into one, I would expect to pay around $40,000. That my friend, is one bad *** benz. I get excited driving mine to work every day. I can only imagine getting thrown back into my seat hard every morning on my way to work.

You are in the Chicago area right? If so, we need to meet up sometime so you can take me for a ride in that thing.

Either way, I hope he gets a reasonable price. Whether he keeps it or someone else buys it, the person that is driving it will be driving one very nice car.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:33 PM

2005 C55 'Silver Bullet'
Selling the C55 'Silver Bullet' -- just listed on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_818wt_1167

Buy it now $19.5k...send me a PM if you're interested!
  • Silver with factory black leather and suede interior, finished with white stitching and brushed aluminum AMG badging
  • Hand-built, 370HP AMG V8 with automatic transmission and paddle-shifters
  • Massive 4-wheel AMG disc brakes with cross-drilled rotors, front and rear
  • 19" wheels wrapped in Falken 452 Z-rated performance tires with 85%+ tread life
  • Factory Mercedes Logic-7 Surround Sound System
  • iPod/iPhone/MP3 player connection kit
  • Factory Mercedes COMMAND Navigation System
  • Dark Bird's Eye Maple wood trim
  • Heated leather and suede AMG bucket seats
  • Auto-leveling xenon headlights
  • Tinted windows
  • Power everything (seats, windows, sunroof)
  • Power rear sunshade
  • Sliding sunroof with tilt feature
  • Factory-recommended Service A recently completed
  • Clean title, in hand
  • No accidents, rust-free Texas car
  • Front right lower bumper has some scraping as you can see in the picture
  • Retailed for over $60K!! Price is BELOW BOOK VALUE!!
Attached Thumbnails Selling my C55 'Silver Bullett'-photo-1.jpg   Selling my C55 'Silver Bullett'-photo-2.jpg   Selling my C55 'Silver Bullett'-photo-4.jpg  
Old 03-27-2011, 03:54 PM

2005 C55 AMG
So your iPod/iPhone/MP3 player connection kit is an aux cord coming out of the glove box?

Looks like a clean car, GLWS.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 PM

Looking for a C55 or CLK55
Is the carfax right with 4 owners? I've seen some carfax with errors just asking?

I'm looking for a C55 and your price seems right?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 PM

2005 C55 'Silver Bullet'
Originally Posted by calif-c230
Is the carfax right with 4 owners? I've seen some carfax with errors just asking?

I'm looking for a C55 and your price seems right?
It was owned by a gentleman in Houston, TX and was then sold via the MBZ dealer as a CPO which, from what I can tell, is being listed as an 'owner' even though it just passed through. I bought the car from a gentleman in Tulsa, OK and brought it back to Dallas, TX where it's been ever since.

Please let me know if you're interested or would like to see it in person.

Cheers