ATTENTION... Request for Civility on This FORUM, Please Read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, SLK55
ATTENTION... Request for Civility on This FORUM, Please Read

Honestly, I was pleased to see the creation of these regional sub-forums created, in which it included a section for the Middle-East. First thing that came to mind, is all the countless exotic cars I’ve seen in person and on the web from there. This is an exciting opportunity for owners of these exotic and Mercedes owners to connect with each other here.

However, I am disappointed to see members here provoking the unprovoked Arabs, Muslims and all the Middle-Eastern community visiting this forum. I am also appalled to see an mbworld moderator creating and participating in these mockery threads. They are tasteless, racist and create unnecessary tension towards members here who might be middle-eastern or simply Muslim.

It is not the fact these mockery threads are funny or not, it is the stereotyping in them that is taking place, which is most likely causing other members from certain ethnicity to get angry and provoked. Mr. Brenton, majority of Muslims and Middle-Easterns are against cruel treatment of woman or any other living human beings. Yes, there are extremists out there, and they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of law if they are caught.

This is my humble attempt to ask for civility and respect to all races and religions. These forums are intended for the friendly exchange of ideas and opinions. For the most part, this forum has been, and continues to be a friendly place. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Originally Posted by STLTH_AMG

provoking the unprovoked
Glaring factual errors aside, and in the interest of amity, how do we tell if the ME denizens who frequent these forums are unprovoked or previously provoked?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Honestly, I was pleased to see the creation of these regional sub-forums created, in which it included a section for the Middle-East. First thing that came to mind, is all the countless exotic cars I’ve seen in person and on the web from there. This is an exciting opportunity for owners of these exotic and Mercedes owners to connect with each other here.

However, I am disappointed to see members here provoking the unprovoked Arabs, Muslims and all the Middle-Eastern community visiting this forum. I am also appalled to see an mbworld moderator creating and participating in these mockery threads. They are tasteless, racist and create unnecessary tension towards members here who might be middle-eastern or simply Muslim.

It is not the fact these mockery threads are funny or not, it is the stereotyping in them that is taking place, which is most likely causing other members from certain ethnicity to get angry and provoked. Mr. Brenton, majority of Muslims and Middle-Easterns are against cruel treatment of woman or any other living human beings. Yes, there are extremists out there, and they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of law if they are caught.

This is my humble attempt to ask for civility and respect to all races and religions. These forums are intended for the friendly exchange of ideas and opinions. For the most part, this forum has been, and continues to be a friendly place. Thank you!
Link to source?? I've witnessed the exact opposite in this thing called reality. Hell, not more than a couple days ago one of our distinguished Persian members told a female member of the board that he would like to watch her have sex with a dog. And today, he posted this:

Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
A powerful woman is a huge turn on for me. A hot female superhero... If possible, I'd rape her.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Hey Guys... Easy on STLTH... I know him... he is not dbag or a punk. He is pretty cool and I don't think you would see him as one religion or another... but just simply someone who likes benzes...

You all know me... I will vouch for him... keep this thread civil, he is not threatening to beat anyone up and def isnt bashing anyone either
Old 02-26-2009, 12:55 PM

'03 C32
Mr. Brenton, majority of Muslims and Middle-Easterns are against cruel treatment of woman or any other living human beings. Yes, there are extremists out there, and they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of law if they are caught.
If you're going to get all serious about what was a joke (not just Mister's thread but the entire regional/lifestyle fiasco!), you might want to revisit the thread about women's rights in the Middle East.

The prosecutors under Sharia ARE the extremists and the "cruel treatment of woman" is mandated by law.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM

C63, SLK55
Gentlemen, I posted this thread because I was disappointed to see the newly created section used in the wrong way. I'm not here to prove who's right or who's wrong. The non sense, time wasting arguments and threads can take place at the OT section, where they belong.

I would like to see this section put in use to what it was created for, Benz\AMG enthusiast from the Middle-east, sharing their passion to Benz’s and AMG’s!

Thanks For vouching for me Pete
Old 02-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please don't provoke Mister Brenton. How do you think he got where he is with a name Mister Brenton.

Back to our regular scheduled programming.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by glassJAw
Link to source?? I've witnessed the exact opposite in this thing called reality. Hell, not more than a couple days ago one of our distinguished Persian members told a female member of the board that he would like to watch her have sex with a dog. And today, he posted this:
W211 Beast is persian?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Just like the middle east, there shall be no peace in this section.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Gentlemen, I posted this thread because I was disappointed to see the newly created section used in the wrong way. I'm not here to prove who's right or who's wrong. The non sense, time wasting arguments and threads can take place at the OT section, where they belong.

I would like to see this section put in use to what it was created for, Benz\AMG enthusiast from the Middle-east, sharing their passion to Benz’s and AMG’s!

Thanks For vouching for me Pete
Not so fast. Is stoning not proscribed by Sharia law in Saudi, Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, and Afghanistan? Is it?

How do you figure my joke thread is in any way racist (as described by your friends Tee-Tz, Lorinser, and the like)? I made no mention of any race or religion whatsoever, yet somehow a mention of a practice decreed by law is racist! Racist!

And the righteous indignation sort of falls flat after one of your own insults Jews, ****, Guidos, Wetbacks, and others, and not a peep of this indignation from a single person. Not a single person. None. What happened to the indignation? Where did it go? Ah, hypocrisy in action.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Oh snap, Rick just ***** slapped everyone!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mister Brenton
Not so fast. Is stoning not proscribed by Sharia law in Saudi, Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, and Afghanistan? Is it?

How do you figure my joke thread is in any way racist (as described by your friends Tee-Tz, Lorinser, and the like)? I made no mention of any race or religion whatsoever, yet somehow a mention of a practice decreed by law is racist! Racist!

And the righteous indignation sort of falls flat after one of your own insults Jews, ****, Guidos, Wetbacks, and others, and not a peep of this indignation from a single person. Not a single person. None. What happened to the indignation? Where did it go? Ah, hypocrisy in action.
Please don't throw me in some group, I never called you racist.

And they do not stone people in Nigeria - I've never been to those other countries so I cannot say.

Tee_Tz.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 PM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by tee_tz
And they do not stone people in Nigeria - I've never been to those other countries so I cannot say.

Tee_Tz.
Does not get much greener than this.

You only believe what you have seen with your own eyes? How do you know that 9/11 was the work of 19 Al-Qaeda affiliated Arabs, mainly Saudis, if you did not see them do it?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Glasgow Gold
Does not get much greener than this.

You only believe what you have seen with your own eyes? How do you know that 9/11 was the work of 19 Al-Qaeda affiliated Arabs, mainly Saudis, if you did not see them do it?
I had to re-read your post
At first I thought "wtf, why is GG trying to insinuate 9/11 was a conspiracy theory!!"
Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by vraa
I had to re-read your post
At first I thought "wtf, why is GG trying to insinuate 9/11 was a conspiracy theory!!"
I don't think he is a Truther. Or at least I assumed he is not.

Most of the forum Troofers have crawled back under their rocks. But, it's still an important part of Nola's "OT entrance exam"!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
I don't think he is a Truther. Or at least I assumed he is not.

Most of the forum Troofers have crawled back under their rocks. But, it's still an important part of Nola's "OT entrance exam"!
You forgot about me. I'm a Troofer.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:35 PM

'03 C32
You forgot about me. I'm a Troofer.
And here I was thinking you were 100% sleestak.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
And here I was thinking you were 100% sleestak.
Usually. The troofer thing is for the weekends.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:53 PM

'03 C32
Y'know, this conversation has me thinking. The sleestak are quite a violent people. Is it possible that they had some role in 9/11? It would partly explain how you are 5/7ths sleestak and 2/7ths Troofer.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
You never told me. I can help out with that!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
Where is the Goddamn indignation? Where is it?? I await said indignation.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by tee_tz
And they do not stone people in Nigeria.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amina_Lawal
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/200...t-stoning.html
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Where is the Goddamn indignation? Where is it?? I await said indignation.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:37 AM

'03 C32
You are misunderstanding the "TeeT Test" (TM) for world events. He was in Nigeria and did not personally witness any such stoning. Therefore, it does not exist.

The Sharia punishment chart is pretty cool though!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

John Deere
You are misunderstanding the "TeeT Test" (TM) for world events. He was in Nigeria and did not personally witness any such stoning. Therefore, it does not exist.

The Sharia punishment chart is pretty cool though!
Amina Lawal Kurami (born 1973) is a Nigerian woman. In March 2002, an Islamic Sharia court (in Funtua, Nigeria in the northern state of Katsina) sentenced her to death by stoning for adultery for conceiving a child out of wedlock. The father of the child was not prosecuted for lack of evidence.

Wait, what??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION... Request for Civility on This FORUM, Please Read