ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

EZ Pass Problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZ Pass Problems?

Picked up my new ML63 last Friday. Man, what a car. Driving has never been this fun. One question - when I went through EZ Pass lanes at a few NY-area tolls my EZ Pass didn't seem to work through the windshield glass. Anyone have this problem? Not a huge deal but it would be nice not always to have to go through tolls with my arm out the window.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 PM

ML63
Originally Posted by CityAMG
Picked up my new ML63 last Friday. Man, what a car. Driving has never been this fun. One question - when I went through EZ Pass lanes at a few NY-area tolls my EZ Pass didn't seem to work through the windshield glass. Anyone have this problem? Not a huge deal but it would be nice not always to have to go through tolls with my arm out the window.

Same thing happened to me the first few days...there are some infa red zones on the windscreen area...ran the tolls by holding it up to windscreen and no green light...this must have triggered EZ pass to issue me new tags, because within 3 days I had a new one delivered in mail...I mounted the new one just to the right of the opaque zone at top of windshield...works fine now....The manual shows where these infa zones are
Old 10-30-2006, 12:42 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Are you sure you were not going through the tolls @ Mach III??
Old 10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by MSDLTD
...The manual shows where these infa zones are
Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Smile

Thanks much. I'll check the manual. FYI - I try and keep toll plaza speed under Mach I.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:43 PM

S430 2003
Cool ezpass

i work in the toll industry and i had the same problem with my s-class. it is not so much the infra red as stated but the metal oxide in the windshield you can remedy the problem by getting a bumper tag front mount , you should be good to go from here on in ..
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Thanks much. I'll check the manual. FYI - I try and keep toll plaza speed under Mach I.

Where I live we just lost a toll plaza going into our city (going from East Amherst to Buffalo, NY)...so at least I don't have to worry about tolls.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Almost a Member!

My Tags dont work in my GL or my ML.

They want me to put a front plate strip on, but I dont put front plates on either car. Right now - they just take a photo of lisence plate, and I guess the computer manually debits my account.

I wonder when they will come out with a fix for this problem.