ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

Considering ML63 help advise!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63
Considering ML63 help advise!

Hello everyone, currently i own BMW X5 4.8is it is great i know most of you here, will say blaaah, but trust me the 4.8is is great, but not as good as ML63.

I have decides to sell my ride, and go for ML63, going for black 07.

I have looked on ebay, and prices are little high to OK.

Since i decided to go for ML63 i signed up on the forum, and just wondering if there are any good deals.

If anyone has any good deals that you know of please let me know.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:30 PM

2007 ML 63
Well, in this fourm, it is best to describe a particular deal, price, mileage, condition....
and then we can tell you if it is a good deal or not. So find a car that meets your qualifications and we can help negotiate.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 AM

ML63
Originally Posted by pepboy1
Well, in this fourm, it is best to describe a particular deal, price, mileage, condition....
and then we can tell you if it is a good deal or not. So find a car that meets your qualifications and we can help negotiate.

I see what you mean, and i agree with you, but i don't trust ebay that much, AND MY PROBLEM IS, EVENTHOUGH I LIVE IN STATES CURRENTY I'AM IN REPUBLIC OF GEORGIA, which is in europe AND I'AM CONSIDERING TO BUY ONE FROM USA AND SHIPP IT HERE, EVERY CAR I BUY IS FROM STATES AND I SHIPP IT HERE, BECAUSE SAME EXACT CAR IN EUROPE COSTS ALMOST TWICE AS MUCH, SO I'AM LOOKING FROM THE NET AND THAT IS WHY I ASKED YOU GUYS TO HELP ME, YOU MIGHT KNOW SOMEONE THAT SELLS ONE.

ALSO ON EBAY, ALMOST ALL THE ML63'S HAVE SOMETHING MISSING, FOR EXAMPLE.

-SOME DON'T HAVE PARKING CENSORS (STRANGE) AND ACCORDINGLY DON'T HAVE THE PDC BUTTON NEAR THE HEATED SEATS ON THE DASH
-SOEM DONT HAVE HEADLIGHT WASHERS, WHICH IS A TURN OF FOR ME, AND ACCORDINGLY DON'T HAVE THE BUTTON TO THE DRIVERS LEFT NEAR THE HEADLIGHT SWICH
-SOME DONT HAVE THE CLIMATE CONTROL SCREEN, WHICH SHOWS THE ACTUAL NUMBERS, INSTEAD OF SHOWING JUST THE LEVEL OF POWER OF CLIMATE CONTROL
-SOME DONT HAVE VENTILATED SEATS, AND SO ON

So as you guys see i know quit a lot about ML's cause my friends drive them, and i'am familier with it, i also drive 2004 S500 designo edition.

It is quit hard for me to find one i want via internet, and that is why i aksed for help, anyways, thanks for the reply.

Color options.
Black on Black
Or silver on Black
Milage mid 20's to 30's
Old 03-20-2009, 01:38 PM

2007 ML 63
I bought my ML63 ebay. It was a 2007 ML 63 Black & Tan. Do your research, have it looked at my an indepenedent inpsection company, you should be fine. I would not worry that you are going to be buying a fake ML63. Carfax.com for $9 can verify the VIN and that it is a factory model and not a salvaged title. You may not got every option you need for driving conditions in Georgia and some of those may be European options.

You should expect to pay $55,000-$65,000. Beware of any below $55,000 for this model. When it is too good to be true it usually is.

PS: try to avoid capitals in this forum. It is as if you were screaming.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:26 AM

ML63
I bought my ML63 ebay. It was a 2007 ML 63 Black & Tan. Do your research, have it looked at my an indepenedent inpsection company, you should be fine. I would not worry that you are going to be buying a fake ML63. Carfax.com for $9 can verify the VIN and that it is a factory model and not a salvaged title. You may not got every option you need for driving conditions in Georgia and some of those may be European options.

You should expect to pay $55,000-$65,000. Beware of any below $55,000 for this model. When it is too good to be true it usually is.

PS: try to avoid capitals in this forum. It is as if you were screaming.
I understand your points, i have bought cars from ebay before also, had my 4.8is from there as well, but this time it's almost 60k so i'am little more carefull.
I usually use carfaxfor vin verification and stuff.
As to your point about capital letters, sorry wount happen again
-i have found couple of nice ones on ebay.
-i have a question for you, how is the gas milage compaired to my 4.8is, do you know?
I mean i'am not too concerned about the gas milage, cause if i decide to buy such gas monster i will be ready to deal with it, but everyone says that eventhough my X is 4.8 and the ml is 6.2 they say there will not be such significant difference, i find it a little strange.

Anyways, thanks for your input, i will most likely get one off the ebay, mostly it will be black on black.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM

2007 ML 63
11 in the city, 17 on the hwy. That si what I average according to the computer. So over the last 40,000 miles it has averages 14.5 MPG.

Good luck. My tip is buy an ebay car but negotiate after the car does not sell or meet its reserve.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Be very cautious with this car, 07 is not a great year for this cars. without a warranty your car will spend a lot of time in some Tbilisi mercs dealers, parts are expensive and many of them needs to be shipped from Germany. I would suggest to you to stick with BMW. ML was build in the USA and quality of these cars is just bad
Old 03-26-2009, 08:05 AM

ML63
Originally Posted by Karlson
Be very cautious with this car, 07 is not a great year for this cars. without a warranty your car will spend a lot of time in some Tbilisi mercs dealers, parts are expensive and many of them needs to be shipped from Germany. I would suggest to you to stick with BMW. ML was build in the USA and quality of these cars is just bad

Well i'am glad you know the reality of Tbilisi and how they deal with cars here, it sucks really.

I did not know 07 was a bad production year for the ML63 why in particular you think so?

what about the 08's to tell you the truth my 4.8is is amazing and i'am very happy with it, but i just think it is outdated and morally old, thats why i wanted to change to 07 ML63, but i have a feeling i will be at the mercedes dealership once a week, and i don't want that.

I was also thinking to get 07 X5 e70 but the 07 was a very bad production year for the e70, might go for 08 version but, i just want something fast.

Thats why i chose 07 ML but now you scared the crap out of me.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by jigaro
Well i'am glad you know the reality of Tbilisi and how they deal with cars here, it sucks really.

I did not know 07 was a bad production year for the ML63 why in particular you think so?

what about the 08's to tell you the truth my 4.8is is amazing and i'am very happy with it, but i just think it is outdated and morally old, thats why i wanted to change to 07 ML63, but i have a feeling i will be at the mercedes dealership once a week, and i don't want that.

I was also thinking to get 07 X5 e70 but the 07 was a very bad production year for the e70, might go for 08 version but, i just want something fast.

Thats why i chose 07 ML but now you scared the crap out of me.
May be it won't be "cool" enough, but SRT8 Jeep would be awesome, I drove my friends ML63 for 5 months while he was out of country and I had to take a car to the dealer three times. First time oil was leaking, all the time i was getting a message check your oil lever on next fill-up, every damn 1000km or so. I think it was a first year of ml63 on a market and a car had tons of issues, I think even a recall, but I don't recall on what. SRT8 smoked me from the light like I was driving some old ml320.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM

2007 ML 63
I had read that the ML 63's are made in Germany. The other ML models were not. Where is the evidence that 2007 was not a good year for this car? Please cite a source. Why would it be without a warranty. It has 4 year/50,000 miles. I needed new back brakes at 40,000 miles and it cost $425. I have not had anything significant go mechanically wrong with my ML63, I think it is probably the perfect every day car, fast as hell, super stylish, and an unbelievable turning radius & suspension.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:14 AM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
14 e63 s Amg8 ml63 07 screaming eagle fj 40 71 dt250 360 quads
I had read that the ML 63's are made in Germany. The other ML models were not. Where is the evidence that 2007 was not a good year for this car? Please cite a source. Why would it be without a warranty. It has 4 year/50,000 miles. I needed new back brakes at 40,000 miles and it cost $425. I have not had anything significant go mechanically wrong with my ML63, I think it is probably the perfect every day car, fast as hell, super stylish, and an unbelievable turning radius & suspension.
have a 8 5000 mi no probs cool fast handle at high speeds great adj suspention great leather , brakes 15.5 " chassic creeks shocking windshield looks as it pitted in sun no pits it apears to be in laminite overall very nice
Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
I disagree with the poster claiming the 07 ML63's were bad model years for these cars. I have an 07 with about 25-27K miles and I have had ZERO problems whatsoever with this car.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I disagree with the poster claiming the 07 ML63's were bad model years for these cars. I have an 07 with about 25-27K miles and I have had ZERO problems whatsoever with this car.
consider your self as a lucky guy, when I went to local dealership in Northern Virginia they told me there are bunch of problems with ML's
Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
open a door and look. you will see something like that

I don't have a source for that because thats what my service guy told me.

Last edited by Karlson; 04-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:39 PM

CL500 and ML55
Originally Posted by jigaro
Hello everyone, currently i own BMW X5 4.8is it is great i know most of you here, will say blaaah, but trust me the 4.8is is great, but not as good as ML63.

I have decides to sell my ride, and go for ML63, going for black 07.

I have looked on ebay, and prices are little high to OK.

Since i decided to go for ML63 i signed up on the forum, and just wondering if there are any good deals.

If anyone has any good deals that you know of please let me know.
Do a Google search on ML63 MSO- you will find several dealers that ship used ML63 worldwide.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 PM

CL500 and ML55
Originally Posted by Karlson
May be it won't be "cool" enough, but SRT8 Jeep would be awesome, I drove my friends ML63 for 5 months while he was out of country and I had to take a car to the dealer three times. First time oil was leaking, all the time i was getting a message check your oil lever on next fill-up, every damn 1000km or so. I think it was a first year of ml63 on a market and a car had tons of issues, I think even a recall, but I don't recall on what. SRT8 smoked me from the light like I was driving some old ml320.
Perhaps you were not really on it? Jeep wins to 60 by .1 sec....then its toast-
Good review of performance SUVs from 07:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...uvs/index.html