Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

NON-Benz owner...For now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 and 2007 Maxima
NON-Benz owner...For now!

Hello all i've been reading in the background for a very long time and trying to gather all the information I can on a Benz before I pull the trigger.

I got the bug after my 2000 Maxima was totaled and my friend allowed me to borrow his R350 in the mean time..I was hooked!
That is when I understood why people buy these cars. My wife wants a larger car and naturally we have out eyes out for a R class now as she loved the car too, and this is coming from a woman that is extremely unimpressed by cars... There is a R63 for sale now I can't jump on until maybe early next year and I know this is a once in a god knows chance to find and buy a R63

I myself is playing between the idea of the E550 or an E63..I've done A LOT of reading about both and I also read a lot about the Pro's and Con's of both...I am STILL torn between which I would get... I honestly want something that is pretty much DEAD silent (with-in a realistic reason) and the power to over take someone - almost anyone in traffic when needed..
I know if i want the vault silence the E550 is the way to go but the power of the E63 is calling me...I Love knowing I have that much power on tap if needed...

Sorry for the long winded intro but I am looking forward to being apart of this forum and purchase my first Benz with the help of the vast knowledge of the members here...
Toss me your thoughts about my suggestions as I would love to hear all of your opinions.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:09 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld. R63 is an insane vehicle if you can pull it off. That engine has no business being in a van shell, but it's there and it's great.

E class you're also looking at is solid, but I get you on the audio component. E63 + noise cancelling headset might be your best option lol

Old 08-22-2015, 06:36 AM

2012 and 2007 Maxima
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Welcome to MBWorld. R63 is an insane vehicle if you can pull it off. That engine has no business being in a van shell, but it's there and it's great.

E class you're also looking at is solid, but I get you on the audio component. E63 + noise cancelling headset might be your best option lol

I won't say it has no business, I am sure the owners of those cars would disagree
It would be nice to have a family van that could beat most cars to the next light.
I rather my SUV or whatever to not be sluggish.
Thanks for the insight
Old 08-22-2015, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome let us know when you make your choice
Old 08-22-2015, 11:54 AM

2012 and 2007 Maxima
Originally Posted by dbldpr
Welcome let us know when you make your choice
Thanks a lot, I promise a R class will be the first Benz for the wife.. Then I will work on my wants...
Old 08-24-2015, 06:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld, Riley! Good luck with the purchase. The E63 is a great MB. You might be able to get some better input if you post in the E550 and/or E63 section of the forum. Good luck!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:26 PM

2012 and 2007 Maxima
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to MBWorld, Riley! Good luck with the purchase. The E63 is a great MB. You might be able to get some better input if you post in the E550 and/or E63 section of the forum. Good luck!

Thank you very much Pelicanparts, But before I post anything i've been doing a lot of reading right here on the forums.. Like most questions, they already been answered by knowledgable Benz owners here. Besides the R-Class which is a given I think the smoothness of the E550 will ultimately end up being the way I go unless I find an AMG for a price I CAN'T pass on.

It will be a while out before I pull a trigger unless I sell my 11' Maxima SV which I would VERY quickly if the right deal came my way.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:38 AM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Well I do hope the right deal comes around, but I am sure you'll be happy with the E550 as well. Good luck. Be sure to let us know what you end up getting.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to the forum...