Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Renntech LT headers and tune for SLS AMG BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 SLS AMG Black Series
Wink Renntech LT headers and tune for SLS AMG BS

Hi everyone. My name is Aditi! I am a confused female looking for some advice so I just signed up for this forum. I own a 2014 SLS AMG black series. I got it just over a year ago now. I am looking into getting the Renntech long tube headers and the ecu upgrade (only because I need this for the headers). I have no desire to increase the horsepower of the car just looking for more sound. I am a little nervous as I have never done a tune before on any of my vehicles. I drive the benz ALOT. Already at 5,000+ miles (which I would say is substantial for a car like this) so I can probably assume (that as I want to keep this car for a long time), I will have close to 50,000 miles before I get rid of it. I guess my question is how the tune and headers will effect my overall longevity and reliability of the car???? FYI - The combined horsepower increase (from the headers and tune) is 46hp.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
renntech tune won't affect longevity/reliability...
if u want long tube header sound, then yes, u need tune along with headers...
if u just want sound, then maybe exhaust system will do...
Old 03-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
Originally Posted by aditi333
Hi everyone. My name is Aditi! I am a confused female looking for some advice so I just signed up for this forum. I own a 2014 SLS AMG black series. I got it just over a year ago now. I am looking into getting the Renntech long tube headers and the ecu upgrade (only because I need this for the headers). I have no desire to increase the horsepower of the car just looking for more sound. I am a little nervous as I have never done a tune before on any of my vehicles. I drive the benz ALOT. Already at 5,000+ miles (which I would say is substantial for a car like this) so I can probably assume (that as I want to keep this car for a long time), I will have close to 50,000 miles before I get rid of it. I guess my question is how the tune and headers will effect my overall longevity and reliability of the car???? FYI - The combined horsepower increase (from the headers and tune) is 46hp.

Originally Posted by aditi333

Hey,

thank you for the interest in the RENNtech Headers.
Yes, our Long Tube Headers also fit on the SLS AMG Black Series.
We have had a few of them in the shop for these same Upgrades you are looking for.
I attached two videos of the SLS AMG equipped with our Tune and Long Tube Headers (one Black Series, one SLS AMG GT Final Edition).

Our Upgrades do not affect the reliability or daily driveability of the Car.

We would be more than happy to discuss this further with you, either over the phone or via E-Mail.
If so, please contact John Bologna of our Sales-Team:
772-266-9037 | Johnb@renntechmercedes.com
Or send us a private message on here.

Your RENNtech Team.

Facebook Post
Old 03-28-2016, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Impressive sound there indeed Aditi ...