Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Mercedes, New to the Forum

Old 04-04-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Sport+ W205, GL420cdi X164
New to Mercedes, New to the Forum

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the add to what is an impressive forum.
I have a number of cars, mainly MG's which is a bit of a hobby. But last year I purchased my first Mercedes, a C220 AMG Sport+ Estate. And I was impressed to say the least, I found I have a bond with the car, as I do my others, something you don't often come by.

So much so, I've recently brought an X164 GL420cdi. only had it a few days but what a machine, again a real bond with it ( and the petrol station ) already.

I've opened a thread in the GL section reference a query about high RPM at idle and also a small klunck when it down shifts to a stop.

As Mercedes are new with me I'll be needing your support to ensure I get the most from the cars. I've always found that asking the enthusiasts is always the best way to go, and when I've done shows before, have to say the merc bunch have always been very friendly and accommodating.

All the best folks!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
Looks like you have jumped in Whole Hog. If you have owned numerous MG's I am sure you are probably well versed in engine/auto issues. Hopefully the Mercedes will not be taxing your mechanical abilities. Welcome to the club, we need all the wrench heads we can get on this site as I am a car lover but very limited mechanical knowledge.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:41 AM

C220 AMG Sport+ W205, GL420cdi X164
Yes certainly owning three MG's does come with a requirement for a certain level of aptitude in engineering. I'm an engineer by trade and the MG's I have I'm pretty good with. As for the Mercedes so far so good. One thermostat issue on the C Class and I'm monitoring the idle speed on the GL which likes to climb at times but fingers crossed all will be well. Many thanks
Old 04-06-2018, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome please post picture of your ride
Old 04-06-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GL450 1995 BMW 325IS
New 2015 GL450 Owner

Good morning,

I just finished the drive home from Kingsport, Tennessee to Chicago suburbs with my 2015 GL450. Purchased it as a CPO vehicle with 13,800 miles. Decent options. Love the vehicle so far, and I think it looks amazing! I have been on the BMW sight for years and learned alot from its members. I plan to do the same with MBWorld, as this is my first Mercedes. Hopefully the horror stories on maintenance with Mercedes will be a little less painful, as I hope to do alot of the general repairs (oil, brakes, rotation, rotors, etc.) myself. Any suggestions on modifications, maintenance, things to watch out for, etc. are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Better picture to follow once I clean it up a bit!
The following users liked this post:
dbldpr (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
nice looking ride
The following users liked this post:
pryz007 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 08:17 AM

2010 c250 Sedan v6
First Merc

I also just purchased my first Mb. Bought a previously babied c series. Since purchased I've already added a nice list of mods... All new led lighting interior and exterior, blacked out side rails, window trims, emblems, trunk trim, new front grill: also blacked out, powder coated wheels and painted calipers, 5/8 spacers on front 225r17 wheels...1/2 spacers for 245r17 rear wheels ordered to be installed this week, aftermarket air intake and new Maf sensor... I think I might be addicted to my car.... Love it!

Glimpse of black side rails and trims...
Old 04-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Vehicle
Originally Posted by pryz007
Good morning,

I just finished the drive home from Kingsport, Tennessee to Chicago suburbs with my 2015 GL450. Purchased it as a CPO vehicle with 13,800 miles. Decent options. Love the vehicle so far, and I think it looks amazing! I have been on the BMW sight for years and learned alot from its members. I plan to do the same with MBWorld, as this is my first Mercedes. Hopefully the horror stories on maintenance with Mercedes will be a little less painful, as I hope to do alot of the general repairs (oil, brakes, rotation, rotors, etc.) myself. Any suggestions on modifications, maintenance, things to watch out for, etc. are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Better picture to follow once I clean it up a bit!
Nice ride!
Old 04-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Vehicle
Originally Posted by MGSED
Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the add to what is an impressive forum.
I have a number of cars, mainly MG's which is a bit of a hobby. But last year I purchased my first Mercedes, a C220 AMG Sport+ Estate. And I was impressed to say the least, I found I have a bond with the car, as I do my others, something you don't often come by.

So much so, I've recently brought an X164 GL420cdi. only had it a few days but what a machine, again a real bond with it ( and the petrol station ) already.

I've opened a thread in the GL section reference a query about high RPM at idle and also a small klunck when it down shifts to a stop.

As Mercedes are new with me I'll be needing your support to ensure I get the most from the cars. I've always found that asking the enthusiasts is always the best way to go, and when I've done shows before, have to say the merc bunch have always been very friendly and accommodating.

All the best folks!
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you!!