Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Long time car enthusiast - first MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2024, 10:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
GLE43 AMG Coupe
Long time car enthusiast - first MB

Hello all!
Just picked up a 2019 GLE43 AMG Coupe and am starting to get to know this vehicle. Ive always wanted to get an MB, my family used to own one of the US largest family owned dealers (retired now) so there was always a desire to get one... plus, we're German, it's almost required right?
Previously I owned about 15 Mazdas in my lifetime, about 10 of those have been Miata track cars I have built... the first one I built 25 years ago was a Home Depot 'special', but the last one I built I disassembled, laser scanned the components, redesigned some of them and built a custom engine, modified trans and diff, stich welded chassis, and all of the other usual off the shelf modifications. When I sold that one I decided to get something a little different so I used the cash to buy a 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE - an absolute blast to drive! But then I wanted something a little more sophisticated and comfortable to drive on a daily basis; enter the GLE and here we are!
My wife decided to name her "EVA" (Wall-E mispronunciation) after the white bot in the movie because "she's white and the eyes look the same" lol ... looking forward to getting to know the community and learn about the cars!
Old 07-07-2024, 10:30 AM

GLE43 AMG Coupe

The following 3 users liked this post by Kona500:
2MERKS (07-08-2024), MBpippo (07-08-2024), MJ50 (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,679 Likes on 2,277 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Kona500
Hello all!
Just picked up a 2019 GLE43 AMG Coupe and am starting to get to know this vehicle. Ive always wanted to get an MB, my family used to own one of the US largest family owned dealers (retired now) so there was always a desire to get one... plus, we're German, it's almost required right?
Previously I owned about 15 Mazdas in my lifetime, about 10 of those have been Miata track cars I have built... the first one I built 25 years ago was a Home Depot 'special', but the last one I built I disassembled, laser scanned the components, redesigned some of them and built a custom engine, modified trans and diff, stich welded chassis, and all of the other usual off the shelf modifications. When I sold that one I decided to get something a little different so I used the cash to buy a 6th gen Camaro SS 1LE - an absolute blast to drive! But then I wanted something a little more sophisticated and comfortable to drive on a daily basis; enter the GLE and here we are!
My wife decided to name her "EVA" (Wall-E mispronunciation) after the white bot in the movie because "she's white and the eyes look the same" lol ... looking forward to getting to know the community and learn about the cars! https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9839e7f32.jpeg
Going from a Miata to a GLE 43 is quite a horsepower increase, is there a reason why you wanted an SUV over sedan having sitting so low for so long?

I agree with the bolded part, the DRL looks like it.
Old 07-07-2024, 11:03 AM

GLE43 AMG Coupe
Hello W205, when *power to weight ratio* is considered, my Miata was about as fast as my Camaro in the picture there, both are faster than the GLE in a straight line (and obviously cornering). The main reason for going with this particular model/trim is I wanted something roomier and more comfortable on my old back to daily commute with and I wanted to be able to tow a car trailer to the track. this GLE has the tow package on it, rated to 7200lbs. that should be enough for an aluminum trailer and my Camaro. Plus the AMG adds a little fun so I don't fall asleep driving an "appliance" back and forth. - I tested many trucks and SUVs to find the right vehicle and this fit me verry well and was exciting to drive!
Old 07-07-2024, 11:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,679 Likes on 2,277 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Kona500
Hello W205, when *power to weight ratio* is considered, my Miata was about as fast as my Camaro in the picture there, both are faster than the GLE in a straight line (and obviously cornering). The main reason for going with this particular model/trim is I wanted something roomier and more comfortable on my old back to daily commute with and I wanted to be able to tow a car trailer to the track. this GLE has the tow package on it, rated to 7200lbs. that should be enough for an aluminum trailer and my Camaro. Plus the AMG adds a little fun so I don't fall asleep driving an "appliance" back and forth. - I tested many trucks and SUVs to find the right vehicle and this fit me verry well and was exciting to drive!
Ah, I understand now, you need the towing capacity.

If you didn't mention towing capacity I would had mentioned the wagon, you get the driving dynamics of a car but the practicality of the SUV. An E-Class in general is comfortable in sedan form so the wagon will be very comfortable as well.

Enjoy the M276 in the GLE 43! It is a very solid engine in both performance and reliability, and it sounds good too in 43 form.
Old 07-07-2024, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 767 Likes on 746 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...
Old 07-08-2024, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 729 Likes on 700 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi @Kona500 and welcome to the family! Thanks for the intro and sharing the pic. Nice looking AMG 👍
Old 07-08-2024, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 242 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
Welcome to the forum!
R,
2Merks
Old 07-09-2024, 12:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! BMW is one of my favorite .....