Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KLEEMANN SC systems over priced? Look here.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 07:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face KLEEMANN SC systems over priced? Look here.......

For those of you who still insist that KLEEMANN SC systems are overpriced: Check out the latest European Car magazine. Page 128, an ad for ESS.

For a paltry $12995 to $15995 you can buy a centerfugal supercharger, brackets and an intake tube! Awesome! No intercooler! What a deal!

www.esstuning.com

Slightly better exicution than the 10th grade welding shop HPS system. Odd, isnt it, that the identical approach they have for BMW is half the price?
Old 10-30-2002, 08:07 PM

2001 C240 6spd
The funny thing is...that people will go out and buy this set-up. Thinking that this is a good buy. Crazy, isnt it?
Old 10-30-2002, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by shtatc
The funny thing is...that people will go out and buy this set-up. Thinking that this is a good buy. Crazy, isnt it?
That would be a hands down, resounding, at the tops of your lungs, "YES!"
Old 10-30-2002, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Ok.....

What about ASP pulley and Kleemann pulley? Some body is charging double $$$$ !!!
Old 10-31-2002, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not really Linh, Kleemann gives you badges! Where are my ASP badges, I thought you were working on those?
Old 10-31-2002, 01:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Let's not forget the costs of R&D, and months of testing.

Last edited by Mach430; 10-31-2002 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:49 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by shtatc

How do you know that the so called "people" will go and buy it? I say nobody will, when you will find Benz with that crap installed please let us here know and post a picture.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:57 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: KLEEMANN SC systems over priced? Look here.......

Originally posted by KLEEMANN
For those of you who still insist that KLEEMANN SC systems are overpriced: Check out the latest European Car magazine. Page 128, an ad for ESS.

For a paltry $12995 to $15995 you can buy a centerfugal supercharger, brackets and an intake tube! Awesome! No intercooler! What a deal!

www.esstuning.com

Slightly better exicution than the 10th grade welding shop HPS system. Odd, isnt it, that the identical approach they have for BMW is half the price?

What is the big deal here? No need to wet your pants. I see it very differently from you----------instead of one overpriced product(Kleemann) we have two, second being from these ESS clowns.
"People"will not buy ESS because its overpriced crapppp and wount buy KLeemann simply because its still overpriced. Does not change a thing.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by linh
Ok.....

What about ASP pulley and Kleemann pulley? Some body is charging double $$$$ !!!
My COST on our pulleys is well over what ASP charges- This may very well be my problem I suppose, but the quality of our pulley is superior to anyone elses I have ever seen.

If someone else wants to give things away for nothing thats their business- it wont entice me to do the same.

The point of the whole thing is not the $$ price but what you get for it.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:44 AM

2001 C240 6spd
Looking at the ESS site, looks like they have one system with an intercooler - for the M5 - for around $13000. No SC systems were available for the MB yet. The rest of their systems do not have intercoolers - I dont know about anyone else, but running any TC or SC motor, no matter how little or how much boost, without an intercooler will decrease the life of the motor. There is also debate on decreased motor life from factory installed SC and TC. ESS is charging $5000-6000 for a base SC for the BMW motors with no intercooler. Hey, like I said before, whether it is a good product or not, no matter how much R&D the company has in their product, someone will buy it. Maybe it will be only one person - who knows? Maybe no one?

Everyone questions why one company charges more for their product vs another company. It's like buying anything - someone offers a similar product for more $ and some for less $. It is your choice to purchase or not purchase any of these items. Not defending any manufacturer on their reason of cost of the products, because some seem to be outrageous.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Kleemann,

Keep your prices where they are please. I don't want too many Kleemanns out on those roads to contend with. Really though, given what your products do and how reliably they do it, I'm not sure why Mercedes owners balk at the price. I can't speak for your pulleys, brakes, etc., however your Superchargers kick major ***. Its funny to me that they same buyers who are willing to shell out $65K for a car that barely puts out enough hp to make my mamma break a sweat aren't willing to spend $15K to make their car drive as good as it looks.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:26 PM

one word: Warranty
Old 10-31-2002, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
To each his own! Some would rather spend their money on other toys, like Plasma TV, Home Theater, Golf equipment, boob job for the wife, private plane, another car or whatever. Some people don't want 10 miles to the gallon from their blown Mercedes and no warranty just for bragging rights at the drag strip to impress other guys. There are guys that will put $20k worth of electronics in his car, with monitors all around and also question why everyone else does not do it either.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

3 words: Zero Drivetrain Failures

It's easy to find someone to complain about a product that they don't have being to expensive. How many dissatisfied Kleemann Supercharger owners are there? Obviously, we all wish they were cheaper. Heck, I wish everything I've ever bought was cheaper. But I have yet to have a Kleemann customer come to me after we've supercharged his car and tell me that he didn't feel he got his money's worth.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:32 PM

Ben, the question comes up again:

If Kleemann believe so strongly in their product, why will they not warranty whatever MBUSA will not?

And if not Kleemann, why not the installers? Will the installers take the risk of offering a warranty when the product manufacturer will not? Of course not.

This argument will come up again and again. You can defend Kleemann, however, your argument will always fall short right here. THEY NEED TO BACK UP THEIR WORK.

Full Powertrain 4 yr / 50k warranty and I'll have a Kleemann supercharger.
Old 11-01-2002, 12:39 AM

Ben,

My $100 bet for you is still on. What do you say..............
Let see your Clk43K 12s 1/4 mile run at Carlsbad this Saturday !!!
Old 11-01-2002, 02:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Kleemann has posted that they are working with aftermarket companies to provide warranties for the superchargers. Shine has posted that the Kleemann dealer in Taiwan is MERCEDES BENZ OF TIAWAN, and that a Kleemann SC is an option when you buy the car. Doesn't that attest to something? Their work is backed up in their record. 50,000 miles out of a Kleemann SC is nothing anyways. They are built to last (with the car) much more than 50,000 miles.

Linh: I wouldn't feel right taking your money. Why don't you come up to a real track. November 14th at Willow Springs Raceway is an all-day track lesson. $399 for as much one on one instruction you can fit into the day.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=21146

Last edited by Mach430; 11-01-2002 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by E55 KEV
To each his own! Some would rather spend their money on other toys, like Plasma TV, Home Theater, Golf equipment, boob job for the wife, private plane, another car or whatever. Some people don't want 10 miles to the gallon from their blown Mercedes and no warranty just for bragging rights at the drag strip to impress other guys. There are guys that will put $20k worth of electronics in his car, with monitors all around and also question why everyone else does not do it either.
I'm not saying that everyone should spend $20K on a SC. I'm saying that it surprises me that Mercedes buyers balk at the price of the SC given the sticker price of most Mercedes. SCs aren't about bragging rights for. It is simply about making your car drive like a beast. As for the warranty, I understand why that is a concern for some people... as for me, if it breaks, I'll get it fixed.

P.S. I don't get 10 miles to the gallon... I get 9.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sure, if you can afford the price of admission then who cares about engine problems, small price compared to the total cost of the kit. Personally for me, if I get to that point, I would get a C32 before I would modify a C320. If the C32 weren't available, that would be another story.

So who's going to Carlbad Raceway for some 1/4 mile fun this weekend?
Old 11-01-2002, 04:55 PM

As listed in my sign
Same kits used by Lorinser, over heat, ahh don’t ask me about the acceleration and the top speed I’ll not believe them any more.
Old 11-01-2002, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, actually the Kleemann kits and Lorinser kits are very different. I have a bunch of MKB parts in my car... great stuff.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:58 PM

Linh: I wouldn't feel right taking your money. Why don't you come up to a real track. November 14th at Willow Springs Raceway is an all-day track lesson. $399 for as much one on one instruction you can fit into the day.
Ben, One word "CHICKEN" !!!!
Old 11-01-2002, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree, no guts not glory. Carlsbad, Saturday 1:00PM, bring your helmet and about $22.

http://carlsbadrags.tripod.com/home/id22.html
Old 11-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Banned

Smart Car
yap, yap, yap, yap, sounds like this "chicken" simply knows its (cars)limitations.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by Mach430
3 words: Zero Drivetrain Failures

It's easy to find someone to complain about a product that they don't have being to expensive. How many dissatisfied Kleemann Supercharger owners are there? Obviously, we all wish they were cheaper. Heck, I wish everything I've ever bought was cheaper. But I have yet to have a Kleemann customer come to me after we've supercharged his car and tell me that he didn't feel he got his money's worth.

Actually it is HARD to find somene with Kleemann S/C period because of warrenty issues and its price. Why spend money on R and d for S/C for E55 when very fiew will be interested. Why not develop S/C at a price where even those that dont need S/C would buy it. There is a reason why MB makes most of its money on E, C class and not S class. Kleemann is like MB would be with just S500 and S600 with no growth prospects.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KLEEMANN SC systems over priced? Look here.......