Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

evosport V8 headers/exhaust manifold .... FIRST PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E430
Trust me, I have been waiting on these headers since late Oct of last year, when I first contacted Evosport.

Doesn't look like it will be out till Summer.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:14 AM

05 sl600, 06 CLS55 AMG, 1971 Cuda
Talking

Could you please post a before and after dyno chart of the mach430 with the manifolds?

Last edited by SLVRBLT43K; 03-19-2003 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W203 & W204 3.0L 4matics & MR2 Supercharger
Re: Theory behind the evosport headers.

Originally posted by vadim@evosport
According to federal law, factory catalytic converters can not be replaced for 100,000 miles. If there are any problems, OEM is obligated to cover replacement. So, legally we can not touch them.

In Europe it is differrent, this is why MKB makes a full lenght header.
I thought all Models 1995 and newer are covered for 8 years or 80,000 miles. Also do or when do cars in Europe have CC?

NP
Old 03-19-2003, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hate to always be the one...

Does Evosport have anything up it's sleeve regarding intake or exhaust for the M111 C230 Sport Coupe?

If not, who does?

What would be the key enhancements required for upgrading the intake to the kompressor?
Old 03-20-2003, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Nope, we don't - sorry!
Old 03-24-2003, 07:28 PM

these are the worst fukin aftermarket headers i've ever seen. you're selling a log-style manifold as a performance header? you should be ashamed of yourself for selling such a peice of crap to the public.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Another expert. If you had presence on the board (first post on 3.6.3), used normal language (f*****g), or even bothered to read all of the posts under this topic - then you may have deserved a response.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:01 AM

C32
Cool

@ brabus benz

Instead of using strong language why dont you come up with some strong numbers ! Give us a detailed report of YOUR findings and present them for the public. I am sure many potential customers are looking at this board !
Make some strong arguments for your case and give Evosport a hard time.

But if you are gonna be shouting and screaming thin air then don't even bother replying.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Yes, I'm still patienly waiting for the final product and numbers.

I don't have 20k bucks to spend on a supercharger, so bolt ons are my best choice.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:02 PM

Another expert. If you had presence on the board (first post on 3.6.3), used normal language (f*****g), or even bothered to read all of the posts under this topic - then you may have deserved a response.
i did read all the posts, but i still wanted to give my opinion on this product. i'm sorry about the foul language but it's pretty hard not to cuss when you see such a ****ty product.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by bverotti
@ brabus benz

Instead of using strong language why dont you come up with some strong numbers ! Give us a detailed report of YOUR findings and present them for the public. I am sure many potential customers are looking at this board !
Make some strong arguments for your case and give Evosport a hard time.

But if you are gonna be shouting and screaming thin air then don't even bother replying.
this is a product that's being sold so that people can just say that they have aftermarket headers. the power potential is minimal at best. the 90deg. bends where the primaries meet the secondaries are going to kill a lot of power. that's going to reduce both total exhaust flow and velocity. in addition it's going to cause tons of exhaust reversion back into the combustion chamber, diluting the intake charge w/ spent gases and adding heat to the intake charge.

maybe they don't have the underhood space to get the proper pressure wave tuning, which would necessitate something around 30" primaries, but they still could have designed it for freer flow. the fact remains that these is the most poorly designed aftermarket headers i have ever seen. i understand that they have to work around certain emmissions requirements, but if this is really the best they can come up w/ then they should of never bothered to make them. stock is just as good.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M111 Coupe intake/exhaust...

Originally posted by otoupalik
Nope, we don't - sorry!
don't be sorry... just make us something!

I know there are supersprint headers and kleemann headers. Evosport sells the supersprints correct? Should I ask about observed gains here or start a new thread?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by brabus benz
this is a product that's being sold so that people can just say that they have aftermarket headers... <snip>
So if people have the money and they want to say that, what's the difference to you?

There were many re-enforcing comments made throughout this entire thread questioning the headers, and supporting the headers. Why don't you quote a specific comment/ question/ response and intelligently present your follow-up or original question, in a clear, concise, professional manner?

No one doubts the potential of you providing insight, your methods just leave something to be desired.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Now, this is a lot better. Using foul words only makes you look immature. Now if you want to share your technical background that would make your post look even better. Things like you having access to flowbenches, dynos, fabrication facilities. Things like you having made and designed headers, installed them on different cars.

Now back to design. I do not think you read the posts. There is no room to do anything else, if one wants to get headers CARB approved. As far as not making power, so far we are getting 14HP on a Kleemann S/C Car and 9HP on a normally aspirated CLK430. Factory manifolds are that bad.

The reason I have not posted dyno graphs, is that production pieces will have CNC machined flanges that should make even more power. Once I get them tested, I will post dyno graphs.

Header Flange Post
Old 03-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: M111 Coupe intake/exhaust...

Originally posted by nukblazi
don't be sorry... just make us something!

I know there are supersprint headers and kleemann headers. Evosport sells the supersprints correct? Should I ask about observed gains here or start a new thread?
I dont want any confusion here so let me clarify: the M111 headers I posted pictures of earlier in the month were SuperSprint headers- not KLEEMANN headers. We have no plans to make any such product. The price point of the SS units is very good- we could never match it.

I have not installed the headers on the C230 K Coupe yet, I am waiting to complete the SC conversion fisrt so I dont sckew any results.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: M111 Coupe intake/exhaust...

Originally posted by KLEEMANN
I dont want any confusion here so let me clarify: the M111 headers I posted pictures of earlier in the month were SuperSprint headers- not KLEEMANN headers. We have no plans to make any such product. The price point of the SS units is very good- we could never match it.

I have not installed the headers on the C230 K Coupe yet, I am waiting to complete the SC conversion fisrt so I dont sckew any results.
Whoops. Sorry for the misleading post. Thank you for the clairification. I thought you had said that there "were" kleemann headers in a phone conversation back in Nov. Sorry again.

I don't want to get off topic and I forget if I asked you already or not, are you doing anything with the intake?
Old 03-26-2003, 01:38 PM

Now back to design. I do not think you read the posts. There is no room to do anything else, if one wants to get headers CARB approved. As far as not making power, so far we are getting 14HP on a Kleemann S/C Car and 9HP on a normally aspirated CLK430. Factory manifolds are that bad.

hmmn, those numbers are pretty interesting, would assume that the s/c car would have a much larger hp gain than that, considering the n/a car made 9hp. forced induction motors are usually so much more responsive to a reduction in backpressure than n/a cars. a 5hp difference is tiny, and percentage-wise, that difference is actually even smaller (the s/c car has more hp to begin with). a bolt-on that results in a 14hp increase on a s/c car should come out to about only 4-5hp on a n/a car, if that even. maybe you just need a little more tuning on you s/c test car, i'm sure you can pull out a few more hp.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
My guess, at this time, on why SC car is not higher has to do with TQ limiting in software. We will be addressing this issue with Powerchips shortly.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:52 PM

1999 ML 430, BMW R1100s
As far as I know and can tell, the only cars with active torque limitation are the factory Kompressors.

I don't think you are running into torque limiters on the CLK 430.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:51 PM

1998 C43
Do you think these headers will benefit a C43?
Old 04-12-2003, 07:51 AM

ME 2,8 1 - 2 years back on NASP engines have torque limitations, it's calculating the torque over the air mass sensor.
Useing supercharger will 100% sure hit the torque limits, so reprogramming the ECU will benefit these cars, first tests show
approx. + 30 HP on a W 209 CLK 500.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:05 AM

Question

Originally posted by Lucas
ME 2,8 1 - 2 years back on NASP engines have torque limitations, it's calculating the torque over the air mass sensor.
Useing supercharger will 100% sure hit the torque limits, so reprogramming the ECU will benefit these cars, first tests show
approx. + 30 HP on a W 209 CLK 500.
Lucas
Are u telling the 30+ hp gain if I reprogram my ecu ?
How ?
Old 04-17-2003, 02:46 AM

Shine

Yes, it's exactly what I am saying, give it a few weeks more so we have testes on more cars, then you can send the ECU to KLEEMANN DK or KLEEMANN USA, then we will fix it.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:53 AM

Question

Lucas
Do all new V8K suffer this issue after a few run-in, then the claimed torque has been limited all the time till now ?

What happen if reprogram the ecu as you said
(1) Back to the Kleemann claims 506 hp/675 nm ?
(2) Extra gain -> 530 hp ?

Last edited by Shine; 04-17-2003 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:28 PM

Shine

All V8 and V6 as well, all cars with ME 2,8 or ME 2,8.1 is under survaliance at the moment.

1: What do you mean by back to claimed power ????

You beeing on Taiwan, is at least 50 HP less that Western Europe, due to ECU settings, fuel quality and hot clima most of the year, but all cars suffer from that, not only yours.

2: There will be an increase, first tests show a significant extra power and torque, so if you are just as fast as the SL 55 you have wrote of before, you will eat it alive after KLEEMANN ECU programming.