Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 : 2007 C230
Originally posted by Mark Pedersen
He speaks, but continues to ignore direct questions. Excellent marketing strategy!
sounds more like a polititian
Old 12-09-2002, 06:02 PM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
Timster:

I don"t know the details of this situation. You have been very reserved in what seems a bad situation. Your attorney would approve. I as an outsider considering alternatives, I read this thread and cannot believe the lack of response to direct questions from members. You have to be quiet, they don't. This guy is killing any chance he ever had to market to this audience. His attorney needs to allow him some damage control or maybe he doesn't care.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
why not be a man and explain the the forum about what happened?? seems like you stay away from the public eys, you refused to go to the kleemann gtg a few weeks ago, and wont answer quesions. be a man and stand behind your product
Old 12-10-2002, 01:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by HPS
Companies like Kleemann, and others like guys like youself that talk too much and think they know it all. It makes it easier to take advantage and sell you something. and you don't have a clue what's happening. Next time someone tells you they only have one item on the shelf or someone is going to buy that product in a few hours. There really tryng to make you make a quick decision. Something as youth you don't realize.
This is entirely false! Evosport, and many other companies, set out from the start with honesty and customer service as top priority. This is how repeat business is made. There are always bad apples in the bunch, but we are not all the same!

Like any company, we can make mistakes, but it is how you deal with those mistakes that will set the path for how your business will grow in the future. My first month working at Evosport, I mistakingly sold a customer the wrong parts, and things briefly became uneasy. I stepped up to the plate, and took care of my mistake. Needless to say, he is now a friend of ours, and constantly refers business towards us.

Not all companies say that there is one left on the shelf, some say "Let me know when you're ready," or "this may be better suited to your needs." It's all about going the extra mile for your customers. 75% of our customers repeat business with us for this reason.

Excuse me for lashing out at this post, but displacing one's business tactics onto another is not always correct, and being that we work hard to please as many customers as possible, I take personal offense to it.

Last edited by Mach430; 12-10-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
Originally posted by Mach430
This is entirely false! Evosport, and many other companies, set out from the start with honesty and customer service as top priority. This is how repeat business is made. Like any company, we can make mistakes, but it is how you deal with those mistakes that will set the path for how your business will grow in the future. My first month working at Evosport, I mistakingly sold a customer the wrong parts, and things briefly became uneasy. I stepped up to the plate, and took care of my mistake. Needless to say, he is now a friend of ours, and constantly refers business towards us. Not all companies say that there is one left on the shelf, some say "Let me know when you're ready," or "this may be better suited to your needs." It's all about going the extra mile for your customers. 75% of our customers repeat business with us for this reason.

Excuse me for lashing out at this post, but displacing one's business tactics onto another is not always correct, and being that we work hard to please as many customers as possible, I take personal offense to it.
I have to agree with Ben 100% on this one....i'm sure our customers will agree. We, like EvoSport, pride ourselves on repeat business. I hope you change your attitude if you really want to sell some SC systems on this forum. Of course, not all potential customers read this forum, so they may have no clue what is really going on. They only know what you tell them, and guessing by your attitude of customers, I would say that is nothing but lies.

Not like you care, but I won't be purchasing a HPS system in this lifetime.

Normally, I am extremely reserved at judging people/companies, because like any good businessman, I like to give someone the benefit of the doubt. You have demonstrated that you have no clue at how to build relationships with customers. If this is a pathetic attempt on your part at redemption.....gimme me a f-cking break.

Unbelievable.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:47 AM

2001 CLK 55 AMG
Competitive Upgrade

At this point in time, I think that Kleemann would gain an immense following if they publicly offered Timster credit on a super charger in the amount he paid for the HPS. (This is assuming that HPS didn't cause too much damage to Timster's motor.) This would allow the real story to come out. Right now the only ones benefiting are the bloodsucking lawyers.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Competitive Upgrade

Originally posted by pigman
At this point in time, I think that Kleemann would gain an immense following if they publicly offered Timster credit on a super charger in the amount he paid for the HPS.
This would be really nice of Kleemann, but I don't think they should fix an HPS mistake.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:54 AM
AWE
Almost a Member!

All I can say -> Wow!
Old 12-10-2002, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Talking Re: Competitive Upgrade

Originally posted by pigman
At this point in time, I think that Kleemann would gain an immense following if they publicly offered Timster credit on a super charger in the amount he paid for the HPS. (This is assuming that HPS didn't cause too much damage to Timster's motor.) This would allow the real story to come out. Right now the only ones benefiting are the bloodsucking lawyers.
Now there's an idea!
Old 12-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
this is 100% true evosport is a company i trust more than even my authorised dealer....if i had a choice all my cars would be worked on exclusivley by evosport....they first got my business with my c43 and now that i have a bmw m coupe (in about 3 hours!!!!) there is no other company i would think of dealing with than evosport, i trust everything they say as fact, and they have been totally honest with me about everything, they back up their work and show true professionalism in every instance i have seen.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Did you pick a color yet?
Old 12-10-2002, 07:02 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
I did not check this thread for a couple of days and WOW, things really heated up....

After reading all of the thread I just can't imagine that this person "HPS" that we've been talking to is of higher management.

I've been in business for my self for a long time, and I am sure anyone from Evo and Wheelexpert will agree with me that this is not how I would run my business.

I am guessing he is just a high school kid (or still in college), and the guys at HPS just hired him to handle the internet stuff.

Because that is just what his replies sound like to me, just arguing with other members and when anyone ask a real question, it gets ignored.

I mean he just feels like a high school kid...

I WAS thinking about getting a HPS kit, but due to this thread and the responses provided by "HPS", I will no longer consider their kit.

I however will call HPS and ask for the manager and see if he knows what is going on at this forum, at leats I will still give them a chance.

If indeed "HPS" is of a high position in the company, then I wish HPS the best of Luck.

I will post the the results after I call HPS.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:08 PM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
Great idea. He won't respond to us, maybe he'll respond to his boss.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mark Pedersen
Great idea. He won't respond to us, maybe he'll respond to his boss.
Mark

Forget it! I could see this happening right now...

HPS Boss: Hello and good afternoon. We have signed a few more dealers.....(you know where this is going)
Old 12-10-2002, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
HPS posted before that he is the head of marketing for HPS. I'd hate to see who they have for public relations.....

i can see the conversation now.....

you get out of your Mercedes at the fair that your kid has been begging you to take him to.....you are followed in by this strange man that has been following you all the way here......

the man approaches you, pops your kid's balloon takes out his fat cheek of Red Man, throws it on the ground at your feet, and asked you if you want to buy a supercharger.....

you say no, he says that all businessmen are crooked and that you are in high school and you wouldnt understand (he learned that selling tactic from his boss.....)

Last edited by Petie; 12-10-2002 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:12 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
You've GOT to be Kidding!!!!!!

What school did he go to?!?!?!?!? I can not believe he is the head of the marketing department....

I mean his demeanor is nothing like anyone in a management position, let along the head of a department....

Well, I guess it would explain alot, with him incharge of marketing there is no wonder we can't find anyone with a HPS kit....

Last edited by xyzpl; 12-10-2002 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by xyzpl
You've GOT to be Kidding!!!!!!

What school did he go to?!?!?!?!? I can not believe he is the head of the marketing department....

I mean his demenor is nothing like anyone in a management position, let along the head of a department....

Well, I guess it would explain alot, with him incharge of marketing there is no wonder we can't find anyone with a HPS kit....
i couldnt find the quote, i remember it though, so does Ben....its around here somewhere....
Old 12-11-2002, 10:52 AM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
HPS:

Good afternoon. No, it has not turned into a boxing match with no winners. A boxing match has two participants. Unless this is some sort of ingenious rope a dope strategy there has been no response from you. I'm not trying to win anything except straight answers. I understand you are in a somewhat tenuous legal situation, but surely your legal counsel will allow you some measure of truth to start recovery from this public relations debacle. My previous questions remain respectfully asked. The favor of a reply is appreciated.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by HPS
...I understand individuals feelings and desires to understand what's happening, but in time issues will be solved.
So there is an issue, how about describing the problem and the current plan for correcting it.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
The intent was not for anything to turn into a "boxing match", but when we ask questions or joke around and get responses from "you" (doesnt matter if was you or not, doesnt change anything) talking down to me personally talking like a "high-school student", etc. yeah im going to be a bit pissed off. Anyone affiliated with a firm that talks to potential customers like this, I feel i have every right to make sure none of the guys on this forum, who i consider my friends, get suckered into your product. Its not about the product in that case, its about the fact that the people i give my money to when i make a purchase plays a huge role in whether or not i make the purchase.

Your sole intent now on this forum should be damage control, whether it was you or some pimple-faced web-designer is insignificant, youve got quite a mess on your hands now to clean up....
Old 12-11-2002, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by HPS
The intent of this forum was to discuss the pro's and con's of HPS supercharger.
Questions regarding performance, drive ability, Magnuson 4th generation MP90 version of the Eaton supercharger, compare and contrast our system with Kleemanns, current applications and etc.
Where have you done this anywhere in this thread? You have told nobody anything about your product....

show us something....we want to see numbers, we want to see happy customers....NONE of this has been addressed, dont attempt to pin the blame on us when you dont tell us anything....
Old 12-11-2002, 03:16 PM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
I believe those questions were asked...

But if I am wrong, I will ask those questions now, because I still think your product is good for the amount of money you are asking, it's just that no real answer were ever provided...

I've been to your website several times, I know all about the performance data on the E class. But I am more interested in the performance of the CLK 208.

Performance numbers, actual HP gain to the wheel, tor gain, 1/4 mile time slips, ect...

And why wasen't a intercooler used?

Does the installation have to be done by you guys or can I have any respectable service shop, say ASE approved, do the installation?

If I want to add an intercooler in the future can I do so? Maybe not from you guys, but perhapse another performance shop that does custom fabrication?

Would you guys re-program the computer if I were to add an intercooler?

I've heard there is a cap on your warranty, the bottom line is? ANd which company offeres that warranty? Do we pay for the repairs first and get reinburst or do we not have any out of pocket expenses?

Most importantly, do you have a demo car at your location or can you provide 1? A lot of us live fairly close to your shop, I am sure we would appreciate a product demo at your location.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by HPS
Reviewing the thread, the initial post says something to the account "product suxs" and others continues to follow that trend. Like I mention earlier if members asked questions regarding performance, drive ability, Magnuson 4th generation MP 90 version of the Eaton supercharger, installers, warranty, why no intercooler, compare and contract our system with Kleemann and etc. They will received a well informed answer.
OK ill play your game...

are there any happy customers that you can have post on this website?

can i see a dyno chart from a 4.3L V8 mercedes?

i understand why the HPS system does not need an intercooler, but wouldnt there be advantages to having one anyway?
Old 12-11-2002, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
Actually, why does it not need an intercooler?
Old 12-11-2002, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
I would like to see rearwheel horsepower data if available for an E55 or CLK55, please no computer generated numbers like on your website, just hard rear-wheel data. Thanks you.

Jay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor