Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450
Please disregard all my previous post. I caught my 6-year-old daughter on the computer again!

ROTFLMAO
Old 12-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
We discovered a high percentage of dyno companies lack the knowledge or experience on how to properly run a Mercedes Benz.. [/B][/QUOTE]

i have descovered a compressor company who seems to lack the knowledge and experience on how to properly run a Mercedes-Benz....btw you said you went to the "AMG" HQ or what ever...please enlighten me as sho you taked to bescause they are not in anyway affiliated with amg or mercedes benz...they simply do us spec conversions....i am amazed at how poor your PR skills are to lie on a forum where other members are more knowledgeable, and better informed than you.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Originally posted by HPS
In engineering terminology a positive displacement is the same as supercharger, which in German means Kompressor.

You are using an American made supercharger, what do Germans have anything to do with it.

Jackson racing uses Magnuson 4th generation MP45 supercharger compared to HPS MP90. The key differences. A) Length of the rotors 4.5 to 9.

WRONG. You do not even know your own product. The number at the end refers to SC displacement, not rotor lenght. MP45 displaces 45 cubic inches, MP90 displaces 90 cubic inches.

B) More levels of compression. Research performed by Magnuson Products resulted in inlet and outlet configurations that bring the volumetric efficiency into the mid 90% range. www.magnusonsproducts.com

Again, compression takes place inside the intake manifold. Manifold design will be the final determination of how hot the air is going to be.

We discovered a high percentage of dyno companies lack the knowledge or experience on how to properly run a Mercedes Benz. The issue at state was disarming the ESP switch and running the right gear. In some cases performance was miss calculated up to 65%.

Finally, I statement I agree with you on. So how about a shop that knows how to dyno MB. My FREE offer is still there. How about a straight answer.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally posted by eurorides420
We discovered a high percentage of dyno companies lack the knowledge or experience on how to properly run a Mercedes Benz..
i have descovered a compressor company who seems to lack the knowledge and experience on how to properly run a Mercedes-Benz....btw you said you went to the "AMG" HQ or what ever...please enlighten me as sho you taked to bescause they are not in anyway affiliated with amg or mercedes benz...they simply do us spec conversions....i am amazed at how poor your PR skills are to lie on a forum where other members are more knowledgeable, and better informed than you. [/B][/QUOTE]

HPS....I Think You Should answer the Questions( If You Can) or Just Quit....Just Facts..No More Stories..Whats Up With The Clk 55?Just Facts Only Please....No More Diversions.Please
It Will damage your Reputation futher..And Any chance of selling the Product...With Its faults... This Is Hilarious!..I am Thinking about a Supercharger kit ...But after seeing the way You Opperate..YOU cannot answer Simple Questions re YOUR System..And Its Obvious You dont Know your system...BTW How Long have You...HPS been in Biz?

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 12-13-2002 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:17 PM

I personally know more than a handful of people who have had positive experiences with Kleemann.

I am still waiting for the alleged "satisfied customers" of HPS to post here and offer their comments.

I would like to hear what they have to say - I am no businessman, as I work in the medical field, but I can tell you that word of mouth and referrals goes a long way in terms of acquiring new and repeat business.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:34 PM

ok listen up ppl... i say we close this thread... and just ban HPS totally... this is ridiculous and its a waste of time... we will never be gettin anything outta HPS... he will just be saying the same thing over and over again.. repeating insignificant statements. When you ask a question that he knows how to answer... then he will answer it... but he will answer every single questoin with the same response.. when he meets a questions he doesnt know how to answer or dun wana asnwer.. he will just ignore until he sees something that he can jump on or simply say i let my 19 year old computer technician to asnswer it... how pathetic is that? no matter if its the marketing guy here or the 19 year old dude here.. they both sound exactly the same... they both sounds ridiculously ignorant....i bet its the same person just playing two characters! dont fool again HPS.....who cares about why the HPS has no intercooler and what psi he is running... unless he spits out fianlly what happened to timster's car and what their solution is... no one will actualy be interested in that system no matter how much cheaper is it....... im sure now he will say... tangos respopnse is a dead horse or lets get the pimple faced comp tech to answer with immature answers...

the humour is... he is calling us, childish, immature... buddy... look in the mirror... i apologies for insulting your system but honesty is key to a successful businese and regardless what kind of post a dead horse or what not from our members you should get someone with the knowledge to answer and not let a comp tech respond and shift the blames.... show some professionalism!
Old 12-13-2002, 07:55 PM

96 C220 with Turbo
I just popped on the board after a little hiatus, clicked onto this thread (as I was genuinely interested in hearing about the HPS system) and was immediately enamored. I read straight through from page one. After the first few pages, the experience reminded me of a bad wreck where you don’t really want to look anymore but can’t help yourself. I asked myself “could this really be happening, or is it a joke”? Sadly, it appears to be real.

All I can say is… how unfortunate.

Is anyone with a W202 pulling faster ¼ mile times than I am? If so, I’d love to chat with you about your set-up.

TIA,
Jason
Old 12-13-2002, 07:56 PM

Soon he will not be with us any more, when HPS new Russian dealer has installed a few kits, and beating the cars like hell with
80 Octane leaded fuel on a car with cat. and HPS sold the systems
to Russia with full warrenty, he better start running or paying

Good luck your self.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by HPS
i have descovered a compressor company who seems to lack the knowledge and experience on how to properly run a Mercedes-Benz
Does their name have three initials, the first being an H and the last being an S?
Old 12-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
its not a waste of time...it is informing people how bad of an experience you will have if you buy an hps charger...before this is somone told me appx 100hp for 10k installed i would be all ears...now i know that the reason it is less is that it is just an inferior product....my suggestion to hps...spend $$$$ on r&d, go to business school and learn how to run a business, and dont lie about your product
Old 12-14-2002, 03:33 AM

"Like I mention before, any debating or arguing over dead horse issues. I forward to our 19-year web guy to answer."
:o
Old 12-14-2002, 10:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
WOW, this discussion is still opened?!?!?!?
Why not close it ?
Old 12-14-2002, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by pocholin
WOW, this discussion is still opened?!?!?!?
Why not close it ?
It's not a flame war nor has it gotten out of hand. It is still a semi-mature discussion, and people have a right to know about the experiences of others.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:44 PM
Banned

CLK430 Coup
Re: Re: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Originally posted by tango
pros: it sux
cons: it sux even more? the so called marketing guys avoids questions and duno what he is talking about!?
blue

Hey guys .. . HPS is for real! No BS. I don't know what happen to Timister car..but this company is it. I went to there place in Santa Ana, and I was amazed. I mean I thought these guys would be joke but no.

HPS is a huge, 3 big buildings total. I guess HPS is part of a huge Aero Space company.

The personally were friendly, educated, and answer all questions I had. After an hour tour and meeting everyone, the owner of the company gave me the keys to his E430 supercharge for a test drive. Incredible.

Guys I went to HPS to see how much of joke they were since reading all the stuff on the site. Though i never posted. But they completely change my view and attitude. I’m heading to evo sport next week to visit ben
Old 12-18-2002, 05:47 PM
Banned

CLK430 Coup
Re: Re: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

pros: it sux
cons: it sux even more? the so called marketing guys avoids questions and duno what he is talking about!?

HPS building . . huge . . and I thought it was some other company?
Old 12-19-2002, 04:48 AM

nice try........now will ya stop posting BS?
Old 12-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Out Of Control!

Ouch!!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Banned

CLK430 Coup
Red face

What??? . . i'm doing my homework, yeah hps i thought was joke. wasn'? ok, next week its evosport and i'll post what i think. if you don't like it. I DON'T CARE! . what are you going to do? later
Old 12-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Laguna CLK
What??? . . i'm doing my homework, yeah hps i thought was joke. wasn'? ok, next week its evosport and i'll post what i think. if you don't like it. I DON'T CARE! . what are you going to do? later
Well said, keep going, I do appreciate your input.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!

O Oh!! Someone got busted!! This is beyond low!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL

Wow...With Four Posts ....and NO Other Signs Of Interest on the Board....Looks Like HPS is Trying Again...With this SMOKE SCREEN...Nice Try...
Old 12-19-2002, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hps i thought was joke.
I find it rather funny how the marketing director at HPS thinks his company is a joke! It is quite interesting that your IP address is identical to that of the marketing director at HPS.

I never went to business school, however I do know that deceit and trickery are not the best marketing tactics.

Have a nice day.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Accord
I find it rather funny how the marketing director at HPS thinks his company is a joke! It is quite interesting that your IP address is identical to that of the marketing director at HPS.

I never went to business school, however I do know that deceit and trickery are not the best marketing tactics.

Have a nice day.
BUSTED!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:52 PM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
HPS:

Good afternoon. I think it very appropriate that you have your 19 year old answer from now on. He was doing a lot better than you are.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by pocholin
Well said, keep going, I do appreciate your input.

Thanks
you appreciate being deceived? appreciate BS?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor