Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2003 | 05:06 PM
Banned

Re: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Originally posted by otoupalik
Discuss Away ....
Very shortly, High Performance System LLC, Vice President of Sales & Marketing. Adam R. Follman will issue a statement about the Timster issue and post current data from independent performance shops. (Boost, air/fuel ratio, rear wheel horsepower) To show the truth about our product. Once this is addressed, the Timster issue will be a matter of history.
Old 01-24-2003 | 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: Re: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Originally posted by HPS II
Very shortly, High Performance System LLC, Vice President of Sales & Marketing. Adam R. Follman will issue a statement about the Timster issue and post current data from independent performance shops. (Boost, air/fuel ratio, rear wheel horsepower) To show the truth about our product. Once this is addressed, the Timster issue will be a matter of history.
Just like HPS?
Old 01-24-2003 | 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!

This would be very interesting to hear.
Old 01-24-2003 | 05:23 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!

Alright,

There are so many problems here.

You have been banned (all three of your previous and this alias now). You obviously have no appreciation for rules or respect or common decency, so once again - YOU ARE BANNED for violation of the TOU of MBWorld.org.

Once banned, you should contact ANY moderator or admin for permission to post - PERIOD!

Here are the specific violations to the TOU that I can see off the top of my head:

1. Use of multiple handles/accounts
2. Use of company name in your alias
3. Posting on the forum once you have been banned without prior contact from or to a moderator or admin.
4. Posting knowingly false and inaccurate information.
5. Abusive behavior towards other members.
6. Harassing other members.

If you cannot follow the rules, you ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!

We all would like to hear your side of the story, but no one will if you cannot follow the rules that 7000 other registered users can.

Can I make it any clearer for you?

Thanks

Brad
MBWorld Admin.
Old 01-24-2003 | 05:35 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 C36 AMG

2. Use of company name in your alias
Not to take sides, but what about the user KLEEMANN?

Just my 2 cents.

~dnm
Old 01-24-2003 | 05:42 PM
MBWorld Founder

Kleemann is a PAYING sponsor! That's right, Kleemann pays for this board to exist. HPS was offered the same deal and refused to be involved.

It is companies like Kleemann, WheelExperts, TireRack, evosport, Harton Motorworks, LeaseCompare.com, etc. who pay to support the board and help out all of us here. It is not fair to them to let HPS violate the rules over and over and get away with it!

Thanks

Brad
Old 01-24-2003 | 05:54 PM

good job brad... bring out the whips...
Old 01-24-2003 | 06:52 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 C36 AMG
Kleemann is a PAYING sponsor! That's right, Kleemann pays for this board to exist. HPS was offered the same deal and refused to be involved.

It is companies like Kleemann, WheelExperts, TireRack, evosport, Harton Motorworks, LeaseCompare.com, etc. who pay to support the board and help out all of us here. It is not fair to them to let HPS violate the rules over and over and get away with it!

Thanks

Brad

Did not mean to get you all riled up. I just wanted to know why the exception was made.

Thanks,

~dnm
Old 01-24-2003 | 07:05 PM
MBWorld Founder

LOL!

Not riled up at all.

Just wanted to clarify the issue as you raised an excellent question!

Thanks

Brad
Old 01-24-2003 | 07:59 PM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
I have been following this thread from the beginning and really haven't felt compelled to contribute due to the lack of credibility with HPS as a company. With that said, it really doesn't matter at this point what someone/anyone from HPS has to say because I cannot imagine someone wanting a company that behaves this way to work on their vehicle. It is painfully obvious this is the same person...multiple offenses of malappropism gives it away.

Timster has shown nothing but patience and a wealth of class in my opinion. On all boards for that matter.

I have no interest, financial or otherwise, in Evosport and I have never talked to nor met Timster. FWIW

Peace
Old 01-24-2003 | 09:00 PM

We should change the title of this thread to "Let's bash on HPS and suppress the truth b/c they refused to become a forum sponsor thread"
:p
Old 01-24-2003 | 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by Hank
We should change the title of this thread to "Let's bash on HPS and suppress the truth b/c they refused to become a forum sponsor thread"
:p
Henry,

You must not have been following this thread very closely. This has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they choose to sponsor the boards. They have violated the TOU on several occasions, and make new aliases everytime one of their screen names is no longer seen in a good light. As of today, they now reached 4. Further, this thread would not have seen as one-sided if they didn't remove 40+ posts of false statements.

The staff at MBWorld encouraged HPS to answer questions about their products without sponsoring the forums. They chose to remove their posts. They chose to spam the forums with repeated threads every time something didn't turn out in their favor. And they chose to make up seperate aliases (some even with the same IP addresses) to attempt to deceive the members of MBWorld by pretending to be customers and third-party vendors. There have been about 25+ seperate flame wars related to HPS since they started posting here. Enough is enough. As Brad mentioned, if they feel they can obey the rules that 7,000 other members are able to, then they are welcome to email the staff at MBWorld and ask for to reinstate their user privledges.

Thanks,
MBWorld Staff
Old 01-24-2003 | 11:50 PM

Ok, don't mind me. I'm just typed what I felt at the moment. MBWorld admin is right about the company in question trying to deceive members. I'll keep out of it now, since I've no interest in HPS products (hence, explains my Kleemann S/C).

Although it would be interesting to see what HPS has up their sleeves now. Let's hear their side of the story, and we still have good ol' Timmy to validate the truth.
Old 01-29-2003 | 05:19 PM

2001 CLK 55

Originally posted by tango
pros: it sux
cons: it sux even more? the so called marketing guys avoids questions and duno what he is talking about!?

Hello Tango,

Sorry to be so sporadic, but I was surfing this forum after a few days of being away, and keep running into these posts.

It's obvious you're not a fan of HPS, but why do you say they suck? Is there something out there or some information that I'm overlooking?

And please, don't reply with Timster's CLK55, not that I mean anything bad by saying this, but it could have been an isolated incident. These cars are temperamental.

Why does HPS suck,....... anyone?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 01-29-2003 | 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Forget about what actually happened with Timster's car... at the very least HPS suck as businessmen based on the way they handled Timster situation on this board. Completely unprofessional and indicative of poor management. As for their product... in a world were Kleemann exists, HPS looks like leftovers.
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:00 PM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by Sleestack
Forget about what actually happened with Timster's car... at the very least HPS suck as businessmen based on the way they handled Timster situation on this board. Completely unprofessional and indicative of poor management. As for their product... in a world were Kleemann exists, HPS looks like leftovers.
Sleestack,

HPS exists too, "Right to Free Trade Agreement"....19th Century, remember? As far as business tactics, we weren't there; we don't know who the unprofessional were in this case?

Hay look, we can turn this into a battle of words, or whatever, but I'd much rather hear from actual testimony. No offense, but I never did like soap-operas' that get started on some of these forums, or third party libel for that matter, so lets try and not go there.

I'm sure you heard it a million times, Kleemann is probably a decent system but the $$/pockets don't run that deep. Dollar for dollar, they're in the same race to me.
Thanks,

Joe

Last edited by Joe55; 01-29-2003 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:06 PM

Joe,

Are you another " HPS " undercover ?????

Why start the whole thing over, If you not are able to pay for KLEEMANN, then be my guest to be the next happy HPS customer
with your own car.
It seems a little difficult to find any one to say a posetive word
about HPS, because there isn't any one out there with a car.
Timster was the 1 st. and so far the last.
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You didn't need to be there to witness how they dealt with Timster's situation on this board. I directly manage businesses worth hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't care if you are selling widgets or cars, accountability is essential to good business practices.

Sure Kleemann is in the same race as HPS and perhaps you are getting the same hp for each dollar spent on both systems. Nevertheless, we are talking about Mercedes here, not $20,000 rice rockets. If you are going to bother tuning your Mercedes, you might as well do it right.

As for 3rd party libel... (i) opinions are not libel and (ii) truth is a defense.

Last edited by Sleestack; 01-29-2003 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:16 PM

2001 CLK 55
Mr. Lucas,

Read my post, I specifically asked to not start anything up. I was making a personal inquiry. If this forum is dedicated to only a few select products, then tell me, I'll make my inquiries elsewhere.

As far as being undercover, please.

Joe
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:46 PM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by Sleestack
You didn't need to be there to witness how they dealt with Timster's situation on this board. I directly manage businesses worth hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't care if you are selling widgets or cars, accountability is essential to good business practices.

Sure Kleemann is in the same race as HPS and perhaps you are getting the same hp for each dollar spent on both systems. Nevertheless, we are talking about Mercedes here, not $20,000 rice rockets. If you are going to bother tuning your Mercedes, you might as well do it right.

As for 3rd party libel... (i) opinions are not libel and (ii) truth is a defense.
I do, do it right. I just finished installing a new 14 inch Brembo kit on the front, and the HREs will be here in about two weeks.

It's just that some of the opinions your referring to come across like they're written as fact.

Although, I do agree 100% that truth is a defense, we just have to wait and see.

There's no way right now that I can say anything bad about HPS, they have always responded to my emails with promptness and respect. I wish I could say that about others.

I really do not want to start a moral discussion about this, Lucas has already been kind enough to bite my head off for raising the question in the first place. This is not what I'm looking for.

If someone out there has any true experience with "the HPS system itself,"
then that's what I'm waiting to hear.
If not, I'm not here to fight, I'm gone.

Thanks for responding,

Joe
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:57 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Joe55
I do, do it right. I just finished installing a new 14 inch Brembo kit on the front, and the HREs will be here in about two weeks.
You got pics of your 14inch Brembo and what kind of HRE's did you get?
Old 01-29-2003 | 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand... you are just looking for some testimonials on HPS. Unfortunately, I don't think their product has been out there long enough and their reputation on this board is not so great. I also agree that some members make statements that border on being libelous.... as for myself, having successfully sued someone for libel, I'm always careful about what I say. Honestly, if you want to do it right, the chioice is clear... Kleemann. This comes from someone who is in his 3rd major round of tuning and spent well over $100K just on tuning my W208. If it is a cost issue, I'd be patient and save until you can get the Kleemann... it will be well worth the wait.
Old 01-29-2003 | 07:09 PM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by JamE55
You got pics of your 14inch Brembo and what kind of HRE's did you get?

I just put the brembos on this past Sunday, I plan to take pictures this coming weekend.

The HREs are 449Rs, 19 inch, 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. Tires are going to be Perelli PZero, 235/35/19 and 275/30/19.

HOT set up.

Joe
Old 01-29-2003 | 07:24 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Joe55
I just put the brembos on this past Sunday, I plan to take pictures this coming weekend.

The HREs are 449Rs, 19 inch, 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. Tires are going to be Perelli PZero, 235/35/19 and 275/30/19.

HOT set up.

Joe
Wow! Agree that that is a hot setup! What color is your CLK and Brembo calipers? Where did you get your wheels from? And how are you able to get 275/30/19 for the rear? Won't that rub? Typical setup for the rear should be 265/30/19. So for all the questions was just curious.

Thanks again Joe!
Old 01-29-2003 | 07:46 PM

2001 CLK 55
Originally posted by JamE55
Wow! Agree that that is a hot setup! What color is your CLK and Brembo calipers? Where did you get your wheels from? And how are you able to get 275/30/19 for the rear? Won't that rub? Typical setup for the rear should be 265/30/19. So for all the questions was just curious.

Thanks again Joe!

Beats me, I wound up purchasing them through a local shop (happens to be a friend of mine) called Eppie's Tire, on Grant and Bustleton av., here in Philly.
He is the one who gave me the tire dimensions, I always thought the same as you about the 265 rears, that's what on the car know (18 in).

My car is a silver 2001 CLK55, it's the one in my Aviator pic.

The Brembo calipers are red/orange, and I replaced my rear rotors with mercedes cross drilled from the same place I bought the front kit. I also painted the rear calipers red, but the colors don't really match as close as I'd like them to.

I'll start up a new thread when I get pictures, hopefully within the next week. I have a few pics of my ride over in the BNZSport members gallery...posting pictures is a pain in the arss (dial-up).

I will however, get pics of the Brembos posted by this Sunday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor