Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Originally posted by otoupalik
Discuss Away ....
After reading all this garbage on theses forums I had to make a responds. The majority of these statements are lies and false rumors made from someone who wanted something for free.

I’m a forty-year-old African American male who accompanied an hps representative in delivering timster Clk 55 to him in Rocklin California.

Here are my accounts as third party of timster CLK55.

First of all, timster had HPS supercharger e430 for a week. While they finished his clk55. If he had any problems with the e430. At that time why didn’t he bring it to hps attention. Kind of nice for a company to give him a car huh?

My personal feeling after driving Tim’s clk55 for over 700 miles, There was nothing wrong with it. No lost of horsepower under heavy boost or on an incline road conditions. Passing other vehicles no hesitation or engine lag. I was very impressed by the way the car handles itself and how supercharger kicked in.

After this experience and reading these post my conclusion is the following.

Timster made false statements in hope of getting a discount or the entire system for free. I’ve been in sales for over 20 years and I see these types of scam artists all the time. Wanting something for free.

Think about it, why would timster post a dyno graph that is false? In hopes to show hps system does not work. Please timster, why don’t you be honest with everyone on this forum and tell people the truth. You’re a scam, sitting home all day and look for new companies like hps to take advantage of. I would love for you tell your side. Cause I bet hps would sue you for slander. I just read on the forum hps is going to post raw data for a current clk55 car. If those numbers show true numbers. What can you say?

I have driven timster CLK55 supercharger system and if anyone has any questions or comments contact me.
Victor Drew
Lavorisdrew@hotmail.com

PS. I do not work for HPS.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) How did that person get to drive Timster's car for 700 miles if he doen't work for HPS?

B) His seat of the pants evaluation doesn't mean crap (especially if he has never driven a Kleemann). Dynos don't lie.

C) If i recall, Timster was very careful not to make libelous statements against HPS and gave HPS numerous opportunities to explain themselves on this board.

D) Timster owns a CLK55 and (I assume) paid for his HPS upon delivery. It doesn't really make sense that he would run the risk of screwing up his car and shell out the bucks for the HPS in the hopes of getting some money back.

E) I really don't care if you are 45, 35, African-American, Chinese, etc. your ability to put forth a reasonable, persuasive argument is on par with my 3 year old nephew.

F) HPS might eventually have a good product but the way they handled Timster's situation on this board I doubt that they will ever be good businessmen.

G) Thank god for Kleemann.

E) It's pretty cealr that HPS stands for Huge Piece of S***.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Damn Sleestack! How do you really feel?
Old 01-16-2003, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
mrdrew

About several months ago, I sent a personal e-mail to Timster asking him for his opinion about the HPS S/C. At that time, this thread regarding HPS had not yet started and I believe there was very little information or any other threads about HPS on this forum. Timster's response to me was very short and said that he could not comment, hoped that I understood, and he apologized that he could not give me more info. I was puzzled by Timster's response, didn't think any more about it, and researched HPS on my own.

I do not know Timster nor have I seen his car. But, I'll bet Timster was "bitting his tongue" and dying to vent to me about his car and HPS. Instead, he chose the no comment route. He could have blasted HPS, especially in a personal email inquiry to him, but he didn't. For that, I respect him.

There seems to be a lot heated discussion about HPS. But, from what I have seen, I do not believe Timster is the type of person to just make things up or make untrue statements.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:45 AM

S60R, ML320, W211/E350
This mrdrew guy MUST be joking right?!?!?

I mean he can't be serious?

Does he think we are all fools? And what's with the attack on Tim? That is just not cool. Tim has never said anything bad about HPS as far as I know of on this board, it is always no comment...

Can't help but think he is from HPS, even his writing style feels the same...
Old 01-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sleestack
E) It's pretty cealr that HPS stands for Huge Piece of S***.
Yikes!! And the truth unfolds even more....
Old 01-18-2003, 05:35 AM

biter!
Old 01-18-2003, 07:30 PM

Simple........

MBWorld is owned by Simon Atik and Brad Otoupalik.

Care to guess who owns Evosport?

http://www.evosport.com/about.html#team

Originally posted by PhucNguyen57
Why do you get attacked if you talk bad about evosport, but everyone is always down on HPS?
Old 01-18-2003, 08:06 PM

S600 Coupe. 560SEC, E55
Jayjay:

It doesn't appear that simple to me. Yes there is common ownership, but most of the criticism of HPS on this forum has come from the users, not the moderators. Questions and problems around Kleeman and Evosport have been dealt with from my observation in a forthright manner. HPS, on the other hand has been evasive, abrasive, rude and deceitful. When you present yourself in the manner of HPS, you are going to catch it when dealing with a bunch of assertive people as frequent this forum. Their latest shill is at least probably using a different IP address- they probably learned that lesson last time. Are you HPS? Amazing how your first post is on this thread, just like Mrdrew.

Last edited by Mark Pedersen; 01-18-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:19 PM

good work mrdrew!! haha:p
Old 01-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
Does HPS give out complimentary tickets to see Catch Me If You Can? I've counted 4 different aliases now.. HPS, LagunaCLK, MRDrew, and now jayjay27.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:17 PM

hahah daz funny.. cuz its so true:p
Old 01-18-2003, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
mrdrew and jayjay clearly are affiliated to HPS...oh but wait guys!!!!! we should listen to him!!!!! hes AFRICAN-AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on, who just says "hey, guess what? im black!!!"
Old 01-19-2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Petie
mrdrew and jayjay clearly are affiliated to HPS...oh but wait guys!!!!! we should listen to him!!!!! hes AFRICAN-AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on, who just says "hey, guess what? im black!!!"
and what does ethnicity have to do with this?!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:26 PM

Ethnicity comes into play because if you dismiss him, he can accuse you of racism because you're not listening to him since he's African-American :p
Old 01-20-2003, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by tango
and what does ethnicity have to do with this?!
that was my point, it doesnt have **** to do with ****.....that wasnt terribly difficult to catch :p

perhaps i should preface all my messages with "hello, im a 19 year old white male!"......

that was my point, there was no need to bring race into a damn thing, why the hell cant this crap be laid to rest, at what point will this garbage stop, im sorry but all this black/white crap pisses me off, i dont care what color you are, if you really care, then shut up and go away...:p

(tango, the "you" is not actually you, just ya know )
Old 01-20-2003, 02:30 AM

Originally posted by Petie
it doesnt have **** to do with ****...

(tango, the "you" is not actually you, just ya know )
eric.. that is one intersting line.. **** to do with ****:p :p

so r u insulting me now?! cuz im asian?! :p

ill shut up now and lets put this HPS garbage to sleep
Old 01-21-2003, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Ethnicity comes into play because if you dismiss him, he can accuse you of racism because you're not listening to him since he's African-American

..............I think he was saying that he is African American to differentiate himself from the HPS rep who was previously on this forum. Funny thing is that I think it is the same person using different aliases and saying he is African American to further sharpen the differentiation. But I don't think your conclusions about his reasons are correct.

Ted
Old 01-21-2003, 03:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Their 2nd alias on another forum says that he is a 65 year old, retired man, looking to relive his youth...
Old 01-21-2003, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by Mach430
Their 2nd alias on another forum says that he is a 65 year old, retired man, looking to relive his youth...
get some dope then?!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
Ethnicity comes into play because if you dismiss him, he can accuse you of racism because you're not listening to him since he's African-American

..............I think he was saying that he is African American to differentiate himself from the HPS rep who was previously on this forum. Funny thing is that I think it is the same person using different aliases and saying he is African American to further sharpen the differentiation. But I don't think your conclusions about his reasons are correct.

Ted
there was just no reason to drive the race car in this situation which is what bothers me.....and our good friend mrdrew pulled it out of the garage from the get-go, i dont really care at all, it just makes him sound stupid and superficial.....
Old 01-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Banned

Re: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor

Originally posted by otoupalik
Discuss Away ....
Dear Tim the reason I describe who I was. I wanted you to know whom you were talking to. So there would be known question on whom was right or wrong. Where is the creditability on the dyno chart? Did the TV hit his head to hard for him to run it right? I can understand why you don’t want to waste your time with me. Why did you welcome me in your house. Offer me something to drink and I chatted with your lawyer friend. Then you turn around say you don’t want to waste my time with me. Because everything I’m stating is correct. I’m asking for you to stand up like a man! Another thing all your friends out there never comment on what you wrote on the car. But instead on my race. Funny I thought we were discussing your supercharger system.

Timster the bottom line is you’re a scam trying to get something free at others expense. Oh by the way your friends on line can insult me as much as they want. But you know I’m telling the truth.

I was reading on another forum, hps would post current rear wheel data. What will you say then? It’s made up – I bet hps will have before / after and contact information. Timster your really embarrasses yourself and losing creditability.

PS I don’t work for hps and please check the IP number!

You can contact me at lavorisdrew@hotmail.com
Mr. Victor Drew
Old 01-22-2003, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A) Other posters are bringing up race because you made the point of identifying your age and race. What was the point?

B) We're not friends of Timster and don't have any incentive to take his side. Most members of this forum were simply seeking forthright reponses from HPS... which never came.

C) HPS might come out with dynos, but (i) they haven't as of yet, and (ii) they have already ruined their credibility on this forum.

D) Your argument about Tim trying to scam HPS and get something for free (or at a discount) dosen't even make any sense.

E) You might have no affiliation with HPS, however, that just makes your position against Tim sound completely ridiculous and motivated by personal issues.

F) We're not insulting you... we're just telling the truth.

G) If there is anybody who deserves an HPS, it's you.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:15 AM

why would timster want something da doesnt work on his car for free?! in fact it actually ruins timsters car?! so i dont get the point on you stating that tim wants that junk for free?!

and also?! victor drew can simply be the same person as HPS... cuz HPS is well konwn for his multiple names.... you guys can just goto ur friends place and use their internet connection and voila you have a different IP now?! big deal?! comp geniuses can easily change/mask their IP too...?~

whats not trustworthy in ur post is that you only have a single digit post accumulated on ur id... so why would ppl beleive u.. and the fact that you are coming into this forum as a complete stranger to everybody and starting to Biatch and frame timster. who do you think you are, i dont care if you are black white yellow brown orange or green .... whatever u are saying is complete BS
Old 01-24-2003, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
mrdrew

May I make a suggestion?

How about referring everyone to HPS customers - just those who has an E55 AMG or CLK55 AMG with the HPS S/C? I do not mean any other E or C class models. Just an E55 AMG or CLK55 AMG with the HPS S/C. Let's hear from those people, have them tell us their opinions on the before and after hp and tq gains, and the before and after dyno. Is that possible?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discussion of pros and cons of HPS compressor