Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

NY Autoshow tuner event with BENZO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NY Autoshow tuner event with BENZO

In case no one has heard-

On April 26th at the NY Autoshow there will be a BENZO magazine pavillion on the "inner roadway" of the Javits convention center. The day starts at 10 am and goes until 10 pm. To the best of my knowledge RennTech, KLEEMANN, Auto Coture (sp?) and HPS will have vehicles on display.

I do not know what vehicles others will bring but KLEEMANN will exhibit our 2003 E50K with "full KLEEMANN specs". Please stop by and introduce yourself and have a look at the cars and support BENZO magazine. This is an excellent opportunity for a first hand look!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Any chance that show will come to Los Angeles? I'd go but don't have time right now. Pls post a lot of pics!!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
If the HPS car will be on display, what will Adam drive?
LOL,
Tim
Old 04-22-2003, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Timster
If the HPS car will be on display, what will Adam drive?
LOL,
Tim
What does Rent-A-Wreck have in stock?
Old 04-22-2003, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Wow auto couture's gonna be there? Do the even have peformanc mods?
Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Tezta
Wow auto couture's gonna be there? Do the even have peformanc mods?
Uhm yeah!! Just look at their wheels man! Depending on style you can get anywhere from 5-15hp at the wheels!:p
Old 04-23-2003, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Are you talking about the car on your web page, the one that you told me that was wreaked? That had about $30K worth of damage and had an aftermarket body kit on it.
Customers are letting you drive there cars around?
That sounds familiar.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I guess I have myself (and Lucas) to blame for the "full spec" phrase.

What I mean by "full spec" is everything WE (KLEEMANN) make for the car which is:

Kompressor system, wheels, brakes, exhaust system, suspension, aero kit, ECU programming and interior (full leather, silver carbon fiber, mat set, badging and steering wheel).

I suppose if a company only makes one product and its on the car its "full spec".

They idea behind this BENZO pavillion (as it was put to me) is "dream cars"- which doesnt really mean "tuner". A dream car can be whatever you want it to be- in any event, I will be representing KLEEMANN at the show- please stop by and introduce yourself!

Last edited by Brandon @ Kleemann; 04-23-2003 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by HPS (Adam)
Lorinser tires
Heheh.. Lorinser makes tires now too? Watch out Kumho!
Old 04-23-2003, 04:00 PM

Adam

I think Brandon is dieing to spend Saturday with you too, unless you are so bussy that you have to stay home.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello Brandon,

We actually inked a deal with Brembo and CEC Wheels last week to carry their entire line of products for Mercedes Benz.
Inked a deal? Brembo must have changed the process one takes to become a dealer. Last I checked (today), you simply call Race Technologies (Brembo's aftermarket distributor where all Gran Turismo kits are wholesaled through) and ask to buy a kit. Any shop can buy a kit at a small margin, it's only when you deal in mass quantities and hold a sufficient reputation in your market that you are considered a true Brembo dealer. As per my conversation today, Race Technologies does not have any record of you as a Brembo dealer.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:42 AM

04 - S600 Sport
Thanks for the info..............
Old 04-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK55 Cab
Wow, you guys are really hard Adam from HPS. I understand Timster had problems with them and I respect that. However you guys repeatedly bash him and HPS when it seems he is trying to courteously smooth over previous problems and reapair its reputation. Unless there have been recurring issues(recently) aside from Timster (and maybe Lucas??) it seems they are making an honest effort to break into the market .

Members of this board have the right to say whatever they want, but Mach, as a moderator you should use a little more discretion. Adam never said HPS signed a deal to become an "official Brembo dealer" as you described. He said they will be carrying Brembo brakes. Whether or not the deal involved an actual contract with brembo is not important. In order to carry Brembo brakes, you must buy the kits from Brembo(or Race technologies), therefore, chosing to use the phrase "ink a deal" gets that point across. Your words come off very insulting, which is not what moderators are meant for(at least I thought).

I even sense an air of condescension from KLEEMANN. Nobody asked what Full Spec meant. With that in mind, there is even less reason to describe what your "full spec car" had, or that HPS only makes one part for theirs. The phrase "full spec" is largely subjective and being that you are "competitors"your comments seem demeaning. Perhpas you too have had issues in the past, I dont know, but this board is not a place for you (or Adam) to toss around propoganda that pretend to be friendly comments.

Give the guy a chance
Asa
Old 04-24-2003, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by Mach430
Inked a deal? Brembo must have changed the process one takes to become a dealer. Last I checked (today), you simply call Race Technologies (Brembo's aftermarket distributor where all Gran Turismo kits are wholesaled through) and ask to buy a kit. Any shop can buy a kit at a small margin, it's only when you deal in mass quantities and hold a sufficient reputation in your market that you are considered a true Brembo dealer. As per my conversation today, Race Technologies does not have any record of you as a Brembo dealer.
Mach430 Give it up,
You can't tell him anything he knows everything.

Last edited by Timster; 04-24-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Very interesting statement . . . while I'm reading Brembo's dealer kit.
That's awesome! I've got 3 cars in the shop with full kits on their car right now, and a sticker on our trailer, what's your point? At the end of the day, to purchase Brembo you must still call RT and have an account.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:58 PM

Timster, Lucas, and Mach430 have done a thorough job convincing me to go to RennTech.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Umm... I don't think they had anything to do with your decision. Searching through your posts, it seems that you already have a Renntech 3.8L conversion on your SLK. No one here has too much against Renntech, MKB products are great! I still prefer Kleemann, but I would settle for MKB.

-Bruce
Old 04-24-2003, 10:38 PM

ummmm.....I truly had an open mind, but those guys have completely turned me away from anything Kleemann the NEXT time I have a car tuned. You assume I'm out of the tuning market just because I've been IN it before. Wrong. And there is no need for you to be a smart-***, either, insinuating that I'm some kind of phony blabbing about an imaginary decision. I was hoping that these Kleemann people would be professionals. Here's betting that others are disappointed in them as well.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not you actually answer important questions. Assuming that you do, please, answer this (preferibly with a dyno):

1. What is the a/f ratio on 430s and 55's with the HPS supercharger? And at what octane were these numbers achieved?
Old 04-25-2003, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by DougE
ummmm.....I truly had an open mind, but those guys have completely turned me away from anything Kleemann the NEXT time I have a car tuned.

As someone who has explored several tuning options for my MB and has gone through a full found of MKB and Kleemann tuning, I would have to say that you would really only be hurting yourself by not considering Kleemann products. I was a skeptic at first, but that was only because I didn't know any better. Once you spend some real time with a Kleemann SCed car you will realize that their product is rock solid and transforms the MB driving experience. I'm not going to knock Renntech because they are clearly an established tuner that uses quality components in their tuning. Nevertheless, spend $20K with Kleemann vs. $20K with RennTech... you'll have alot more car with the money spent on Kleemann.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
HPS,
Do you take cheese with that whine!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Sleestack
As someone who has explored several tuning options for my MB and has gone through a full found of MKB and Kleemann tuning, I would have to say that you would really only be hurting yourself by not considering Kleemann products.
I have considered them, and rejected them on the basis of the demonstrated character of the Kleemann reps on this board.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts
Jeez, you guys just won't quit... get out of the sandbox, its time to change your pampers...

Enough already... Just the fact that Both of your cars are going to be ina show is good enough! There is room for all kinds of tuners...

Do you really think that Carlsson, Brabus and Lorinser fight with each other like that??? :p
Old 04-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 c43 w/lots of mods
What makes Renntech any better? You may not be aware, but goalie_k used to post as thoroughly satisfied Renntech customer, until it was exposed that he works for Renntech...
Old 04-26-2003, 04:44 PM

DougE

The few people here on MBW ( 2-3 )which are conected to KLEEMANN ( These 2-3 will be excl. sub dealers ), is not posting because of business ( this is explained before ), we are simply here as MB enthusiasts.

When some post something we 110% sure knows is wrong or misleading, we have the right as anybody else to question and
ask that person what he has to back up his claims or explain how
the product works, this should be benefitting all MBW members.
None of us are trying to push our product down the throat on MBW members, the products should speak for it self, if it doesn't
it would be a weak product.

If you choose not to purchase KLEEMANN products, because private individuals which works for KLEEMANN post here and sometimes are in a hot debate with another member, where we
disagree - fine it's your choice - but isn't that the same as a reprecentative from a huge company make a statement as a private person, that doesn't make it a bad product.

When KLEEMANN started up in the US 2 years ago, we got all the same questions, they couldn't be backed up by customers, because there weren't any at that time and we didn't have a reputation in the US market. Question after question was answered into each single detail.

One "special" person, has in my mind never answered anything, thread after thread gets way too long and with a lot of BS ( I agree ), and only for one reason - ( direct translated from Danish )
we call it "sausage talk" ( means advoiding it ).

The German tuning business is quite dirty, lots of claims and false
statement with engine performance are used for marketing purposes and creating image to sell other products like wheels ect.ect.

Customer is KING - do what you want, I can tell you I am not sitting behind my PC at night because I have to try and earn a little extra, the hours I have spend here on the board would have been spend better colecting beer bottles ( we get money for them here )

Last edited by Lucas; 04-26-2003 at 04:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NY Autoshow tuner event with BENZO