Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Kleemann supercharger on V8: experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 (C209)
Kleemann supercharger on V8: experiences

Hi guys!

Hello from Benz-Town (Stuttgart), just 30 km away from Affalterbach (AMG-City) and 5 km to Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen (Porsche site).

I'm moderator for the Mercedes forum within the german section of carpassion.com and owning a CLK 55 (C209). I'm referring to you since there are not many people having experience with Kleeman superchargers in Germany.

Could you please help me with facts on the following topics, related to upgrades on V8s:

- experiences > 30.000 miles (since I'm driving that within one year) and driving habits (race trakcs, ...)
- increase in fuel consumption in % (before and after)

Thank you very much for your help!
(the search function showed me that you like Kleemann in the US very much)

Last edited by Cessna340; 09-07-2003 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:20 AM

ML 320 CDI
Avoid Kleemann, if they are not famous in Germany it's just because german tuners are much better. If you want to supercharge your 209 55 AMG, go to carlsson.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by Paul Le Corre
Avoid Kleemann, if they are not famous in Germany it's just because german tuners are much better. If you want to supercharge your 209 55 AMG, go to carlsson.
KLEEMANN claim to have over eighteen years of experience tuning Mercedes-Benz automobiles. One would think they should have great market presence in Europe.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 AM

ML 320 CDI
Kleemann can claim what they want, the fact is that they are not well represented in germany. It's famous in the USA because it's cheap and powerful but people don't use their car so they are no problems. In germany with speed limits free highways and a lot of hard tracks, it's not the same deal.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kleemann can claim what they want, the fact is that they are not well represented in germany. It's famous in the USA because it's cheap and powerful but people don't use their car so they are no problems. In germany with speed limits free highways and a lot of hard tracks, it's not the same deal.

Wow, you are really ignorant about MB tuning aren't you? Since when are Kleemann SCs cheap? Do you even have any experience with MB tuning? Seriously Paul. Every time you post something about tuning on this board it is completely misinformed and seemingly based on your isolated experiences in France. I think your bouret is too tight and is preventing blood flow to your brain.

Last edited by Sleestack; 09-11-2003 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:14 AM

CLK 55 (C209)
However, one fact is true:
We have a lot of unlimited Autobahns here and my cruise is often between 250 km/h and 280 km/h.

Kleemann is located in Danmark, our neighbour, so I guess they had some high speed tests, too.

Anyhow, it would be very interesting to get to talk to someone who's driving a lot and has a longer experience.

Tomorrow I'm going to discuss this matter at the IAA with Kleemann and Carlsson. Carlsson is brand new on the market with a supercharger for the CLK 55. I still have not seen their intercooler system.

Kleeman seems to be technically OK, however I'm a bit concerned about if the stock engine computer has enough play for calculating correct settings for the increased air mass flows, especially on cold winter days, and for adjusting the ignition points on hot days.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

If you are going to Frankfurt please stop by the booth (hall 01.2, stand C09 directly across from BRABUS) and speak to Claus Ankjaer, he is the technical director of KLEEMANN and can answer any questions you have. KLEEMANN does not simply bolt on an SC without making any changes to the engine management. Claus can explain to you what we do to ensure proper fueling, timing, corrections etc etc. We have taken two world speed records from BRABUS and more will follow- this is not by accident or dumb luck that we can make these levels of power. These world record setting cars are used on the street every day, the E class by Jason Watt, a professional racing driver in Denmark. I could only imagine that he might "push" his private car to the limits on the open roads.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:20 AM

F 360 F1 Spider K - SL 55 AMG (September) - X number S-Class - SL 60 AMG(gone) - S 73 L AMG(gone)
Originally posted by Sleestack
Wow, you are really ignorant about MB tuning aren't you? Since when are Kleemann SCs cheap? Do you even have any experience with MB tuning? Seriously Paul. Every time you post something about tuning on this board it is completely misinformed and seemingly based on your isolated experiences in France. I think your bouret is too tight and is preventing blood flow to your brain.

I totally agree with you !!!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:26 AM

F 360 F1 Spider K - SL 55 AMG (September) - X number S-Class - SL 60 AMG(gone) - S 73 L AMG(gone)

Paul Le Corre, read this ( especially the part about BRABUS ):

If you are going to Frankfurt please stop by the booth (hall 01.2, stand C09 directly across from BRABUS) and speak to Claus Ankjaer, he is the technical director of KLEEMANN and can answer any questions you have. KLEEMANN does not simply bolt on an SC without making any changes to the engine management. Claus can explain to you what we do to ensure proper fueling, timing, corrections etc etc.

KLEEMANN have taken 2 !!! (two) world speed records from BRABUS and more will follow- this is not by accident or dumb luck that we can make these levels of power. These world record setting cars are used on the street every day.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:03 AM

CLK 55 (C209)
Originally posted by KLEEMANN
If you are going to Frankfurt please stop by the booth (hall 01.2, stand C09 directly across from BRABUS) and speak to Claus Ankjaer, he is the technical director of KLEEMANN and can answer any questions you have...
Thanks, Mr. Kleemann - before I could read your post, I had already been in Frankfurt and yes, I talked to Claus Ankjaer. It was rather convincing and a technical level of discussion which I appreciated.

Now it's up to a personal decission (if or if not) and Kleemann Germany, who want to give me a call next week.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:50 PM

1999 ML 430, BMW R1100s
I have V-8 customers with over 50k miles and climbing....The dealer still does warranty work on the car. Imagine that.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:23 AM

Smile

Kleemann is well known here later in 2002.
A few users now have ~10000 miles, they're working fine.

But this's not my point, car is fine if you "normal" drive it....

Those nuts push their Kleemann cars by custom boost kits
running very hard, compete with AMG & M nuts here.
and those K-cars are still fine.

Hence I would like to say, Kleemann is good ! REAL GOOD !

p.s AMG is good, too. :p