Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

I blew my E55 Engine!!! [Video}

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
damn i saw that ebay auction, I am so sad to see a nice Lorinser S class like that. Damn its gonna cost a lot of money to fix that..

Old 05-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by alumar
Here is your engine ; might fit ?

Click me
I wish I had the cash, I would purchase that as MANY of the parts seem salvagable!

On the same topic, I would use a lot of those parts, such as rims, rear lights, exhaust systems, grill, etc,!
Old 05-30-2004, 02:54 AM

well his new engine wasnt put in by mb, as mb is fully aware of this guy and has also been reading this post.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I1 ULOOZ

umm...
Old 06-09-2004, 02:08 PM
I1 ULOOZ

can somebody link the crazy videos everyone has been talking about??

Thanks
Old 07-12-2004, 05:52 PM

1995 Ferrari Spider, Porsche 911 Turbo,01 Hayabusa, 01- E55
If they took the engine apart and showed me some evidence that the car had been modified I wouldnt have a problem with that.
But they didnt. They only pulled the airbox off and the computer cover and left them in the trunk and well as two dents there as well from pushing it in their shop.

And then slapped me with a bill for 2 hours of 'work'

I understand trying to abuse a warranty. I also understand that 'mods' could damage an engine, hence the factory warranty wouldnt apply. But more importantly, MB provided a warranty on my car so unless they can prove that it was caused by me and not by a failure of MB parts and workmanship, they are obligated to fix it. Modern day engines dont fail very often but they do fail. An oil pump or bearing could fail and cause catastrophic damage, and just looking at the exterior of the engine wont show you the cause.

So to better show their attitude towards their patrons, I've created a new logo for them free of charge:

I find this new logo more descriptive because it will help give the customers a better idea of what to expect from the moment they set foot in Helms Bros in Bayside.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:50 PM

dont be mad because you got caught
Old 07-22-2004, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by 999hpCLK
What I don't understand is how this engine got 2 holes in it
I thought there were two because their was smoke coming out of the back and the front. But A rod gave out and went through the top of the block and then into the intake manifold. The made it worse since all the tiny metal bits of the cylinder wall got sucked through to the rest of the manifold and bent all the valve.
Believe me, it was quite a site. I have the block hanging on the wall in my garage.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Originally Posted by Autostream
i wish it was about being cool, but it was a movie. Funneling beers and then doing a 50mph 360 while staying in one lane was part of the script which I wrote and also performed. it was mostly work and only a little bit of fun considering that you need a manual gearbox and a handbrake to perform that stunt and both of which, my car was lacking. suffice to say it wasnt easy.
Man you really don't deserve this car, you drive like a riceboy idiot trying to kill people. I really hope that your dealership finds out about your abuse on the car and the stunts you try to pull. First of all, Ive been reading this thread tonite from start to finish. You first boasted about your car being bored and supercharged, posting 11 sec 1/4 miles and saying you were dynoed at 450 hp, however you then say it was only "stickers" and that your car was really stock and that your dealership was just out to get you because you car did not look stock. You claim that they found two holes yada yada and that you demand proof. Your story keeps changing, you insist your dealership is out to get you. You bored out your car and supercharged it, no doubt because it would back up your 11 sec 1/4 mile slip. Then your engine blows up, and you blame it on MB quality, however you have numberous videos online of you doing stupid stuff to entertain people. Clearly this is the dumbest thread ever because it is your fault, and you're upset because you were caught with your modifications, yet you think they had nothing to do with it. We're talking about an AMG here buddy, not a civic.

Lets take a little lesson... AMG engines are built for speed and prestige, for gods sake man, dont sit there and do 50 MPH 360's and 180's and expect your engine to take your abuse, our cars are built as luxury vehicles with a little oomph in it, just makes your commute to work a little faster. This is no honda civic, and the idea of putting nitrous on an AMG engine is just ubsurd. If you really wanted to do this, you should of gotten a Honda , hell you could junk the damn thing and buy a new one, still wouldnt be as much as an E55 engine, not to mention save the time and money you wasted on trying to prove a pointless case.

You clearly do not deserve an E55 AMG if you do dumb things like this, note to others, this is what happens when attention wanting people get expensive cars.

Lets just say you got OWN3D! Goodnight.

-Vik
Old 07-27-2004, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Viktorious
......Lets take a little lesson... AMG engines are built for speed and prestige, for gods sake man, dont sit there and do 50 MPH 360's and 180's and expect your engine to take your abuse, our cars are built as luxury vehicles with a little oomph in it, just makes your commute to work a little faster. This is no honda civic, .....
So are saying I have a case for going after AMG for false advertising.. Their claim:
"Performance Like No Other"
This clearly isnt the case. I modded my 911 Turbo from 320hp to 520hp and after 4 years of serious racing nothing ever broke.

But you might be onto something. Listening to your rant, I'd say their new slogan should be:
"Performance that's a little better than a Honda and almost as reliable"

Amg is clearly not in the same Realm as BMW M's, Porsche, and Audi S's although they'd like to make you think so but the proof certainly isnt in the pudding.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:02 PM

c43
so where are these vids, so what has happeneding with the sueing and what not, you win/lose yet?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ashkan's C280
so where are these vids, so what has happeneding with the sueing and what not, you win/lose yet?
The vids are more than easy to find...as for the lawsuit- cant say anything about that..
Old 08-02-2004, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
So are saying I have a case for going after AMG for false advertising.. Their claim:
"Performance Like No Other"
This clearly isnt the case. I modded my 911 Turbo from 320hp to 520hp and after 4 years of serious racing nothing ever broke.

But you might be onto something. Listening to your rant, I'd say their new slogan should be:
"Performance that's a little better than a Honda and almost as reliable"

Amg is clearly not in the same Realm as BMW M's, Porsche, and Audi S's although they'd like to make you think so but the proof certainly isnt in the pudding.
Performance like no other, yes, not "bore me to 6.0 litres and supercharge me till the point that i blow up after abuse"

These are high performance cars, not things you jerk around with, its your fault.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Viktorious
Performance like no other, yes, not "bore me to 6.0 litres and supercharge me till the point that i blow up after abuse"
You said you read this whole thread? Okay, so your engine blows. And it went out in style so its not that bad. But now the dealer says they wont honor fixing your broken unmodded radio because of the modded engine. Tell me how that would make sense to you?

These are high performance cars, not things you jerk around with, its your fault.
Yes, in 2001 I had the fastest mercedes they could sell me. I spent the extra $40k over the base model so I could enjoy the expensive options and not to just be a poseur at the country club.
Maybe your MB is a status symbol to you but to me its all about the enjoyment of driving.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 CLK55 Conv.-sold, 2003 CLK320 Conv.-sold, 2006 CLK55 AMG Coupe sold, SLK55 AMG Current
Autostream, I have ready your thread from the beginning to the end and I have to tell you that I have never seen anything stupid like this thread. You defintely don't deserve an AMG. I am sorry, that is my opinion. Even showing the video of the blown engine and trying to start the broken engine tells me that you have no idea about cars nor either engines. How stupid can it be so start a blown engine. Do you know that you can even make more damage.
I totally agree with viktorios opinion of view.

Good luck for getting a new engine.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
wow you deserve a medal for reading through this whole thing hahaha. he got a new engine a long time ago. on a serious note, i was actually thinking about this thread a few days ago so thanks for bringing it back!
Old 10-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK 55
Mercedes Engine

If you google the engine there is a site that sells the short block for between 5K & 7K. If you need help send me a private message and I will track it down for you. There is also a salvage co out of Miami that generally has an E or CLK 55. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK 55
Short block

The dealer thinks I modded the engine so they said no to warranty. If anyone knows where I can find one lemme know. Short block is preffered.
Try this co in Cali. http://www.perfectengine.com/rebuilt_engines.html
Old 10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Sorry but

Sounds like an American muscle car now with some dead cylinders.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:00 PM

//WALD C320 Magnifique [sold], BMW Z4 3.0i 6spd[sold]
Sue that stealership! I hope you win! Some dealers need to be ****ed up! Thats why im not getting mercedes extended warranty since the services arent worth it.