R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:36 AM
fq1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350

I might get one in that color and would like to see some more exterior shot of your car. thx.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:00 PM

2006 R350 2001 BOXSTER S
pic update

fq1,
I took some more exterior pics. I also took a pic of the panorama roof, as well as the "stealth install" of a Sirius aftermarket radio . The wife never changes channels, so locating it in the armrest storage works for us. I also had a mini jack run from the glovebox jack to the armrest storage. Now we can hook up the mp3 player in the armrest instead of the glovebox by changing the plugs in the glovebox. Although I'm using the aux mini jack input on the Sirius , I can't tell any discernable difference between the aux input mode and the fm transmitter mode. I might leave it on fm and strictly use the mini jack for the mp3.
Attached Thumbnails qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350-r350.jpg   qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350-r350a.jpg   qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350-r350c.jpg   qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350-r350d.jpg   qkslvr: Pls post more pics of your Barolo Red R350-r350b.jpg  

Old 06-24-2006, 01:39 AM
fq1

Originally Posted by qkslvr
fq1,
I took some more exterior pics. I also took a pic of the panorama roof, as well as the "stealth install" of a Sirius aftermarket radio . The wife never changes channels, so locating it in the armrest storage works for us. I also had a mini jack run from the glovebox jack to the armrest storage. Now we can hook up the mp3 player in the armrest instead of the glovebox by changing the plugs in the glovebox. Although I'm using the aux mini jack input on the Sirius , I can't tell any discernable difference between the aux input mode and the fm transmitter mode. I might leave it on fm and strictly use the mini jack for the mp3.
Thanks for the quick response and beautiful pics. My choice is between a white and a red car. The white has everything I need except Airmatic and keyless-go. The red has all that plus iPod integration kit but no rear seat heating. The wife wants rear seat heating but my preference is for keyless-go plus airmatic.

What do you think? How does the Red compare in looks with the White in your opinion?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:41 AM

2006 R350 2001 BOXSTER S
We were intitially looking for Irridium silver or pewter, but once we saw the red we had to have it. It is a deep, rich color and not one you see everyday like the silver. We haven't seen a white one yet. Ours has the heated seat option, but we will probable never use since we are in S Texas. I liked the Airmatic option, but our car did not have it. It is an extremely comfortable ride and handles the road very well for it's weight and size. The lower profile than an SUV helps a lot.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:56 PM
fq1

Originally Posted by qkslvr
We were intitially looking for Irridium silver or pewter, but once we saw the red we had to have it. It is a deep, rich color and not one you see everyday like the silver. We haven't seen a white one yet. Ours has the heated seat option, but we will probable never use since we are in S Texas. I liked the Airmatic option, but our car did not have it. It is an extremely comfortable ride and handles the road very well for it's weight and size. The lower profile than an SUV helps a lot.
Thanks for the reply. Is it an extremely comfortable ride even without the Airmatic, or did you mean that Airmatic makes it that comfortable?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:45 AM

2006 R350 2001 BOXSTER S
It's extremely comfortable without it.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:53 PM
fq1

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Banned

F248 F1
I saw one in the higwhay yesterday, looks like a sweet ryde. I do not like the front end much, but the sides and the back look nice. I really like how it has the 'panoroof' at least the one i saw had it- or so it seem !