R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Fuse #23-Rear Seat Entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2018 | 08:01 PM

R350
Fuse #23-Rear Seat Entertainment

Can anyone tell me why this fuse stays lit up after the car is turned off? I replaced it today.
Old 06-02-2018 | 08:38 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
Post your VIN!
Old 06-02-2018 | 11:10 PM

R350 2008 4Matic Gasoline
Yeahh u might have oneof them fuses that when it goes out or is bad...they Light up...Theyre called light up fuses..makes it easier to spot a blown fuse..

Originally Posted by rsalvo

Can anyone tell me why this fuse stays lit up after the car is turned off? I replaced it today.
The following users liked this post:
rsalvo (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018 | 10:47 AM

R350
SOLVED

And.......BenzBallin was correct. It was a fuse that lights up when bad. Problem was, it it up as soon as I put it in place so, must be a short somewhere, right? I was reading another post from a R350 owner who said that when they removed the spare tire, there was standing water in the wheel well and, a connector wire sitting in the water. Since he could not determine what it was supposed to connect to but, assumed it was unimportant, he cut off the distal portion of the wire and wrapped the remainder in electrical tape. On a hunch, I removed my spare tire and, low and behold, there was 3 inches of nasty, brown water sitting in the wheel well with a connector wire sitting in the water. I drained the water, cut the distal portion of the wire, wrapped the remainder in electrical tape, replaced the #24 fuse and............................my SAT radio, terrestrial radio sound and CD sound started working again! Keep in mind, #23 is supposed to be for the Rear Entertainment system but, obviously it's all connected.

ATTN: All R350 owners. Pull your spare!
Old 06-03-2018 | 04:50 PM

Man this happend to me today...i was back there grabbing something before reading this post..and "Boom" a freakin puddle and brown stain like its happend before...pics of it here...Where is this coming from ?? I suspect its coming fron the right side..pics is after i dried it up using my LiquiVac"

Originally Posted by rsalvo
And.......BenzBallin was correct. It was a fuse that lights up when bad. Problem was, it it up as soon as I put it in place so, must be a short somewhere, right? I was reading another post from a R350 owner who said that when they removed the spare tire, there was standing water in the wheel well and, a connector wire sitting in the water. Since he could not determine what it was supposed to connect to but, assumed it was unimportant, he cut off the distal portion of the wire and wrapped the remainder in electrical tape. On a hunch, I removed my spare tire and, low and behold, there was 3 inches of nasty, brown water sitting in the wheel well with a connector wire sitting in the water. I drained the water, cut the distal portion of the wire, wrapped the remainder in electrical tape, replaced the #24 fuse and............................my SAT radio, terrestrial radio sound and CD sound started working again! Keep in mind, #23 is supposed to be for the Rear Entertainment system but, obviously it's all connected.

ATTN: All R350 owners. Pull your spare!

Old 06-04-2018 | 03:47 PM

2008 R350
Originally Posted by BenzBallin
Man this happend to me today...i was back there grabbing something before reading this post..and "Boom" a freakin puddle and brown stain like its happend before...pics of it here...Where is this coming from ?? I suspect its coming fron the right side..pics is after i dried it up using my LiquiVac"

Reroute that wire! See my other threads where corrosion of that wire by the water down there shorted out the fuse which in turn led to no sound coming out of my speakers. You can unclip it and secure it by the driver's tail light where its nice and dry.
Old 06-05-2018 | 09:12 PM

2005 C240 2011 R350
yep my 2008 had that too and it also rusted.. did the same snip and insulate. Never did have any problems though and searching thru electrical diagrams I could never find what it was for.
Old 06-05-2018 | 10:37 PM

Can we all do an investigation on this and see where all this rain water is coming from ? The winner gets a cookie'
Old 06-07-2018 | 10:13 AM

2008 R350
FWIW, i noticed that after it rains, my trunk carpet is wet near the tailgate close to where the fuses are.. I havent had the time to investigate yet, but somewhere around there could be the source of the leak. Oddly, I didnt find any wetness on the tailgate itself.
Old 06-07-2018 | 10:37 AM

Hey , R350Nyc nice to see you here..yeah ima dig in deep too to try to find out but if someone finds this first please Post !!

Originally Posted by R350NYC
FWIW, i noticed that after it rains, my trunk carpet is wet near the tailgate close to where the fuses are.. I havent had the time to investigate yet, but somewhere around there could be the source of the leak. Oddly, I didnt find any wetness on the tailgate itself.