S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 Tires>?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes SL500
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 Tires>?

Hey Everyone,

I can't even describe how good my new Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7. The 7 is simply the best winter tire money can buy. They are a little bit pricey, but they typically last 4-6 winter seasons. The studded version is amazing (if your state allows studded tires) in the snow and on ice, but even the not studded version is incredible. I fell in love with my Nokians after driving them only a few times in the winter!

You can see the unique tread design here: http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-9306-nok...ded-tires.aspx

Please share your experiences with Hakkapeliitta tires / All Nokian tires below so everyone can see how extraordinary they are!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Although I like nokians very much this serially seems like an advertisement that does not belong in a post like that.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Mercedes SL500
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Although I like nokians very much this serially seems like an advertisement that does not belong in a post like that.
It's not an advertisement, its where i bought the tires from...
Old 07-20-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W210 W140
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Agreed on that one. If this isn't an advertisement, and you just bought the tires, how do you know they last you over 4 seasons? Plus, its July, and there's no snow on the ground and buying/running winter tires right now would be a bad idea since its summer tire weather.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Mercedes SL500
Originally Posted by EdzBenz
Agreed on that one. If this isn't an advertisement, and you just bought the tires, how do you know they last you over 4 seasons? Plus, its July, and there's no snow on the ground and buying/running winter tires right now would be a bad idea since its summer tire weather.
Well, first of all, i like to research my tires before i purchase them. I spoke with a Nokian rep before i purchased the tires and they quoted me 4-6 seasons of use out of the tires. I have also owned a set of the Hakkapeliitta 5's and i got about 5 good seasons out of those, so i'm expecting the same from the newer model. A fair assumption?
Second, i don't like to wait until the snow falls to buy my winter tires. Saying that "no one buys winter tires in the summer" is entirely incorrect. Just the same as i wouldn't wait to buy insurance until after my car is totaled.
I wouldn't enjoy driving in snowy/icy conditions on a dedicated summer tire, would you? Being prepared is never a bad thing.
Also, many retailers of winter tires offer special pricing if you buy your tires in the summer, seeing as it isn't peak season and the tires are only taking up space in warehouses.

So for the last time, no, i am not trying to advertise anyone's website. I was simply looking for any feedback on some tires that i just bought and have to wait to drive on. I must say, i'm enjoying the welcoming atmosphere of this forum already.

Cheers.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
s320
I to buy winter tires in summer their cheaper.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 892 Likes on 641 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Go4Gold
Well, first of all, i like to research my tires before i purchase them. I spoke with a Nokian rep before i purchased the tires and they quoted me 4-6 seasons of use out of the tires. I have also owned a set of the Hakkapeliitta 5's and i got about 5 good seasons out of those, so i'm expecting the same from the newer model. A fair assumption?
Second, i don't like to wait until the snow falls to buy my winter tires. Saying that "no one buys winter tires in the summer" is entirely incorrect. Just the same as i wouldn't wait to buy insurance until after my car is totaled.
I wouldn't enjoy driving in snowy/icy conditions on a dedicated summer tire, would you? Being prepared is never a bad thing.
Also, many retailers of winter tires offer special pricing if you buy your tires in the summer, seeing as it isn't peak season and the tires are only taking up space in warehouses.

So for the last time, no, i am not trying to advertise anyone's website. I was simply looking for any feedback on some tires that i just bought and have to wait to drive on. I must say, i'm enjoying the welcoming atmosphere of this forum already.

Cheers.

If I would need winter tires I would buy Nokian Hakkapeliitta. They are the best money can buy. They cost little more than some well adverticed brands but last at least twice as long and with excellent grip on ice and snow. I have very many years of experience with Nokian winter tires (used to be Nokia, yes-the cell phone company) but living in summer weather year round now and don't need them any more.

They also make extremely good summer tires. High performance tires that actually can cost less than some well known brand and with extremyly good grip on wet road surfaces also last much longer than some other brand tires. Personally had Nokian NRZi tires that lasted 60 000 miles and the grip on these was just out of this world.

Unfortunately they don't make tire sizes to fit all cars.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
s320
Hey some people like to argue.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 S63 4matic+
hakka 5 studded --> hakka 7 studded

I had 2 sets of hakka 5 studded: 1 on highly modified vw golf and another one on stock e320 bluetec. Both performed amazingly well. Today I placed the order for hakka 7 studded for s550 4 matic ;-)