S-Class (W140) 1991-1999: 300 SD, S 350TD, 300 SE 2.8, S280, 300 SE 3.2, 300 SEL 3.2, S320, S320L, 400 SE, S420, 400 SEL, S420L, 500 SE, S500, 500 SEL, S500L, 600 SE, S600, 600 SEL, S600L, 500 SEC, 600 SEC

Project S32 ///amg !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 11-10-2005, 06:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Originally Posted by BenzKid24
better US 2son boyz!! Bear Down!!!!
What are you saying here? i don't understand you!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 s430,98 S320,05 ESV,02 Caravan
Originally Posted by BenzKid24
the one thing that he does the best about this thread is,its all done with CLASS,No rice parts or lowering springs for it to drag the ground,nice system in the trunk but not goddy,everything is done with class,my Riv is done with 5% limo and the trunk is nomore then a music theater,but my S is kept classy like there meant to be,and Omeys customized work shows that you can still mod a S or any MB and keep it classy,he has done great work on it,made some mistakes on the way but thats a good thing,he learns as he goes and thats better then being a ****y know it all,that realy doesnt know it all-great work pal!!! ::we applaud you::-BK24
I THINK BENZKID IS JUST TRYING TO SAY HIS OWN BENZO ISN'T "GHETTO CHEAP LOOKING CHROME RIMS" ....

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...id=65191&stc=1

Last edited by maci911; 11-10-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 PM

a Few Nice cars.
Originally Posted by C240-Merc
its just a inside thing to Omey
Old 11-11-2005, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C240-Merc

C240 - you are just making an *** out of yourself. He is referring to the fact that I am in Tucson (2son), and Bear Down is the University of Arizona motto. go back to your C-class forum

Guys keep this thread clean, leave the bickering to off-topic forums. this thread is about my project not others fighting for no reason. keep it clean or get off this thread / W140 forum.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG shift knob came in!

hey guys,

well i finally got the AMG shift knob with teh W140 adapter rod. I got it off ebay for only $65 plus $10 shipping. I think its a great deal. What suprised me was the quality. it far exceeded what i was expecting and it truly looks like OEM quality. The AMG face is real brushed aluminum, which i really like (matches the pedals perfectly. I think its the perfect classy touch. I didn't want some aftermarket looking shifter. anyways here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0992.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0993.jpg   Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-pict0994.jpg  
Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 PM

c43
I was defending omeeds work, if that sounded not right then my bad, I am just sick of hearing people diss his car, he is doing more than most everyone, and he gets the most **** for it
Old 11-14-2005, 08:51 PM

c43
omeed si right about me being in a bad mood though, and I like the AMG shift knob, you were right the quality is much better than I thought too, no offense to omeed or his s32, just tired of hearing flammers come on here and rag his car
Old 11-14-2005, 08:53 PM

c43
and I could have sworn I said I like reading this thread, and am sick of people messing with it, maybe it just sounded right in my mind....
Old 11-14-2005, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thx for the support ashkan, im glad u like the knob
Old 11-23-2005, 05:59 PM

heyy i was directed here from a guy on the benzworld.com forum. i was looking for some performance and visual upgrades to my 1994 s320 and i like what youve done with yours. i've already got chrome 18" ASA ST-4's, and i want to do more with it. i hear all of this talk of a supercharger? could u post a link or send me one, id like to check it out, thanks.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i have not heard of a supercharger for the S320 but there used to be a mosselman twin turbo kit availible however i spoke to mosselman directly and they already discontinued it so its no longer availble. it seems going all-motor is the only way to go anymore which is why I am going to great lengths to try and improve the intake and exhaust design as well as drop weight as much as possible b/c that seems to be the only way left to make power on S320s.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:23 PM

alright, thanks. god damnit my dad couldnt get the 500, he had to get the 320 lol. but w/e, so my only options r basically a K&N filter and a custom exhaust job with universal tips? did you have to do any mods to the rear bumper in order to get your tips to fit under it like that?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:32 PM

i attatched a pic of my car , ive never posted on here b4 so idk if its gonna show the pic or as an attatchment or what so... yeah lol
Attached Thumbnails Project S32 ///amg !!!!!-resize.jpg  
Old 11-24-2005, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by s320_on_18s
alright, thanks. god damnit my dad couldnt get the 500, he had to get the 320 lol. but w/e, so my only options r basically a K&N filter and a custom exhaust job with universal tips? did you have to do any mods to the rear bumper in order to get your tips to fit under it like that?

ya you have go cut out an opening then go back with touchup paint to paint the edges the body color. I recommend getting the S600 grille and the updated front clear corners for a more modern look.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update:

Hey guys, I just got the benz back from the shop today and they redid the exhaust system... the exhaust system is FINALLY done. I got rid of the old 36" glasspack and installed the dual aero turbine resonators. The exhaust quality is now the highest it can possibly get. At idle it has a faint deep rumble (very refined), and now the resonance at 2000-2500 is 80% reduced and sounds MUCH better. It also sounds very good

In addition, I got my car back and put Semi-metallic pads on the rear and Jurid pads on the front, the car stops MUCH MUCH better. I couldn't be happier, now the car brakes comparable to most decent sports cars, i'm very happy with the results. THe transmission and shifter still need to be done but now the car is almost completely done. The new fuel filter and two new fuel pumps went in today so the car is running very well. Anyways, i'll have pics of the exhaust system upgrade and in addition I will hopefully get a new dyno soon.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:20 PM

a Few Nice cars.
Nice s320 you got s320on18s....yeah the 600 grill does wonders for the w140...and welcome to the family!!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:44 AM

02 s430,98 S320,05 ESV,02 Caravan
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
hey guys,

well i finally got the AMG shift knob with teh W140 adapter rod. I got it off ebay for only $65 plus $10 shipping. I think its a great deal. What suprised me was the quality. it far exceeded what i was expecting and it truly looks like OEM quality. The AMG face is real brushed aluminum, which i really like (matches the pedals perfectly. I think its the perfect classy touch. I didn't want some aftermarket looking shifter. anyways here are the pics.

hey Omey can u direct me were i can get same amg shifter.......
Old 12-03-2005, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maci911
hey Omey can u direct me were i can get same amg shifter.......

hey maci, we arrived at some complication in the install so i will see if i can figure it out, if i can then i will let u know, but i don't want to recommend it until i know it can be installed 100%. thx
Old 12-03-2005, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Performance update:

Hey guys, Well tonight I took the car for a spin and finally pushed the car to its new limits. It was a cool 50-60 degrees outside so the car was exceptionally peppy. After months of the car running like crap i finally replaced both fuel pumps and installed new fuel filter. The difference was NIGHT AND DAY!! The car now pulls EXTREMELY hard to redline and it feels the way it used to and i have regained all my lost power and then some. I no longer feel there is a fuel starvation problem so i don't think injectors will be necessary.

The new Exhaust system at full throttle is actually not that loud at all. These new additions have turned the S32 into a sleeper. its volume is really not that much louder than stock. I would say only 20% louder than stock for both the intake and exhaust. The old 34" glasspack was tossed into the carbage. i really feel teh top end power has been freed up by the freeflow Aero turbine resonators and the magnaflow system. I still think there is alittle bit more power to be had by the front of the exhaust system but the entire catback section is absolutely 100% free flowing and it really translates into good numbers. As a result of this recent news I WILL be doing a new dyno to show the difference between the baseline done a while back to the numbers AFTER the mods. The dyno is the same exact dyno used in the same exact location in roughly the same weather conditions so the results should be scientifically accurate. I can't wait to show what these 6-cyl's are capable of. Anyway, thanks again and have a nice day.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:16 AM

c43
Originally Posted by OmeyHomey
Performance update:

Hey guys, Well tonight I took the car for a spin and finally pushed the car to its new limits. It was a cool 50-60 degrees outside so the car was exceptionally peppy. After months of the car running like crap i finally replaced both fuel pumps and installed new fuel filter. The difference was NIGHT AND DAY!! The car now pulls EXTREMELY hard to redline and it feels the way it used to and i have regained all my lost power and then some. I no longer feel there is a fuel starvation problem so i don't think injectors will be necessary.

The new Exhaust system at full throttle is actually not that loud at all. These new additions have turned the S32 into a sleeper. its volume is really not that much louder than stock. I would say only 20% louder than stock for both the intake and exhaust. The old 34" glasspack was tossed into the carbage. i really feel teh top end power has been freed up by the freeflow Aero turbine resonators and the magnaflow system. I still think there is alittle bit more power to be had by the front of the exhaust system but the entire catback section is absolutely 100% free flowing and it really translates into good numbers. As a result of this recent news I WILL be doing a new dyno to show the difference between the baseline done a while back to the numbers AFTER the mods. The dyno is the same exact dyno used in the same exact location in roughly the same weather conditions so the results should be scientifically accurate. I can't wait to show what these 6-cyl's are capable of. Anyway, thanks again and have a nice day.
so when is the high flow cats and 79c stat going in? How was the fuel line? was it still good after all these years? I suggest you get the ngk irdum plugs and mag core wires, nice little addon to help everything come together. Moreover, how is the mas on the car? I know there is a restrictive plastic mesh on the mas that can be taken off to increase airflow somewhat, which would help in performance, that is all I can think of right now, great progress on the car, and I was wonder if you were going to do the cats and stat before the dyno?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey ashkan,

The fuel lines were just fine, the problem was one of my pumps was really weak and the other one was starting to go out, so i was only running on like 1 1/4 fuel pumps instead of 2. Plugs and wires are fine so i won't spend any more money on that stuff. I will be taking out the spare tires and jack and etc again. The old mercedes have very fine metal mesh on the MAF but its so fine that i doubt it even restricts anything like it did on the bmw and even so it was only 1HP about. I want to free up the exhaust alittle more. I still think it has alot of potential so i will see what i can do.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey guys, just wanted to give yall an update.

well after a few weeks of driving the car I finally got an overall feel for the car and it definitely feels much much better. The new fuel components definitely helped remedy alot of the lean conditions i was experiencing. The aero turbine resonators definitely helped remove some resonance and quiet up as well as refine the sound. There is still some resonance but its not that bad its definitely much better than it used to be. I could upgrade to an even longer muffler but i think for now it should do the job just fine. i also added a bit of Lucas Auto transmission additive to my tranny for even more improved shifting qualites. I still need to put the shifter on the car but it looks like i won't be able to for a while until i get back into town after the holidays. Lately however i have started to realize alot of the poor driveability of the car may be due to the fact that the Mass Airflow sensor is just getting too old. the Mass airflow sensor is at least 7-8 years old (thats now long we've owned the car) and i feel the reason the car just doesn't have the responce it used to is b/c of the MAF. Everything else has been replaced, engine electricals (new cap & rotor and plug wires), new fuel components (two new fuel pumps and fuel filter), and other components as well. The only thing left that could possibly be bad is spark plug, mass airflow sensor, or injectors. i may try spark plugs first (i may have a fouled up plug) but then i think i may just have to replace the mass airflow sensor. OEM is like $749, but i've found it as cheap as $270 new. Does anyone know a cheaper price where i can find one?

as far as my future plans. I was planning on doing headers and high flow cats and etc but honestly i think if i just get the car running to its best condition that it will be all the sufficient power i would need. I will leave the stock cats and stock headers in place for emissions reasons. I feel airflow wise the car has more than ample airflow. I now need to turn my attention to tuning. I may end up getting the Speed Tuning chip for my car instead of the headers and cats b/c those will only throw my air/fuel ratios even more off which means they won't necessarily make more power. I will try and see what i can arrange. Anyways the project is on the home stretch, i only have a handful of mods left. I will keep yall updated on further advancements and of course... I will have a dyno graph soon and post it as well. take care guys...

~omey~
Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Currently on foot.
omey:

Glad to see it having come so far. Nice job! Congrats on getting it running well again. Enjoy it, you deserve it!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Den.
omey:

Glad to see it having come so far. Nice job! Congrats on getting it running well again. Enjoy it, you deserve it!
thanks den, i appreciate the nice words, its refreshing for a change
Old 12-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Currently on foot.
Omey:

I like it. For one thing you're not trying to pass it off as genuine or a replica or trying to fake out or fool anyone. I get the sense that what you are doing is more "following a theme". Correct me if I am wrong or out of line but that's how I see it.

I see you're having fun with it and THAT my friend is what playing with cars is all about! Thank you for bringing a wee bit of dignity to this project. :v

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project S32 ///amg !!!!!