Got 2 tickets 10 days ago.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Got 2 tickets 10 days ago.....

One of them (No frt plate) is fixable, the other light front window tint on both driver and pasenger doors isn't?? Supposedly newly changed here in Santa Barbara, CA.(used to be a fix-it ticket, like the front plate) I waited until now to post this because you have to wait 10 days for the citation to get into their computer system to see what the fines will be, if I leave everything w/out fixing the violations the fine is $238.00 or correct the missing front plate violation and that will bring the total fine down to $134.50 what a joke Thing is I hate the way my new AMG front bumper looks w/plate. I'm just going to pay the full fine and hope this jackass doesn't go hunting for me, I say this because I know alot of cops in this town and most of them are pretty cool, but when I told one of them about the ticket I got, he laughed and said he knew who this cop was and that he was new to Santa Barbara, and extremely ****.
The funniest part is he called 3 other cops to back him up? So I had 4 total cop cars surrounding me in the parking lot, I did come off a little annoyed when he followed me into the lot and blocked me in as I was exiting my car he said "Do you know why I'm stopping you?" and I replied "No why?" then he goes into the whole window tint, no front plate bulls*it and "Who owns this car? like I stold it?(I have been driving cars w/ tint in this town and LA for years and never got looked at twice) So I reply "You must be really bored?" then he goes into defense mode and asks me to "Please go sit in my car, for his safety????" I kid you not this cop was like Barney Phife from Mayberry, this is when I sit in my car and he calls the other 3 cops I was going to the gym, I guess this cop thought, I was going to take a swing at him or something? My cop friend said the reason Barney Phife called for back up was most likely my size 6'1" 220lbs...And being slightly belligerent, It was absolutely rediculous I felt like some drug runner in a scene straight outta Miami Vice w/all their flood lights shinning on me...

Last edited by Thericker; 03-04-2005 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Sounds like no big deal.

He prob. requested backup because the tint didn't let him see what he was dealing with. You could have had people in the back, for example. I'm not sure why he would have pulled you over in the first place, but was prob. seeing if it was stolen. Front tag issue is pretty weak to pull someone over, IMO. But I have the same issue.......
Old 03-03-2005, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by LetsJet
Sounds like no big deal.

He prob. requested backup because the tint didn't let him see what he was dealing with. You could have had people in the back, for example. I'm not sure why he would have pulled you over in the first place, but was prob. seeing if it was stolen. Front tag issue is pretty weak to pull someone over, IMO. But I have the same issue.......
No It wasn't that he thought I might have more people in my car, because when I 1st got out he walked up to my car very close and could see everything front and back seat included, He was just new and pathetic.....
Old 03-03-2005, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Ah, the price to live in the beautiful sunny CA. Yeah, I got pulled over for no front plate before. I told him it's all banged up and I would show him if he wanted to see it. He looked at it and said, okay, just get a new one from the DMV then. No ticket. If you don't like the rules, move to well...anywhere that don't require front plate like here in IN. And window tint varies from state to state. Here the lowest you can get legally is 30%.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
Same EXACT ticket happened to my friend in MY car 2 weeks ago! This was in Los Angeles on the 10E. I was out of town and let him borrow my car for an hour. He got pulled over by a CHP who he said, was totally rude. I've had my car for a year and half, and never got pulled over for that, and the one time my friend drives it he gets a ticket.
I decided to put the front plate on, but it's his ticket, so I'm not sure how to go about getting it signed off.
So the fine for the front tint was like 100 bucks??? That's insane. I only have medium tint up there too.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yeah I know it 's really no big deal ticket wise, I mostly got pissed because of the extra cops he called making me look like some sort of AMERICAS MOST WANTED......
Old 03-03-2005, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ///MB
Same EXACT ticket happened to my friend in MY car 2 weeks ago! This was in Los Angeles on the 10E. I was out of town and let him borrow my car for an hour. He got pulled over by a CHP who he said, was totally rude. I've had my car for a year and half, and never got pulled over for that, and the one time my friend drives it he gets a ticket.
I decided to put the front plate on, but it's his ticket, so I'm not sure how to go about getting it signed off.
So the fine for the front tint was like 100 bucks??? That's insane. I only have medium tint up there too.
Yeah well the whole fine is $238.00 and they say if I fix the bumper plate issue they will reduce it to $134.50 that's basicaly $134.50 just for the light front window tint violation....Go figure, and I was just about to go get the fronts even darker until this BS.... I'm just going to leave it all the same and take my chances.....
Old 03-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Almost a Member!

2000 S430
Thericker I feel you brother. I live in NJ and I have an authentic mercedes benz german plate on the front of my car with tinted windows on my s class. The cops pull me over all the time for the plate and the only reason I never got a ticket is because I work as a corrections officer for the state of nj. Once they see the gun and the badge on me they change there tone and tell me how nice the plate looks. I have alot of friends that are cops and they tell me the cops with the chips on there shoulders are either rookies or jealous *******s that spend their money on child support rather than hott *** benzez.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I hear ya man......It's pretty funny actually.......
Old 03-04-2005, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
This sort of reminds me of back in August, My dad and I were on the SR14 Headed home in the carpool lane in the S55. All the way back up the hill we saw an unmarked cop car (before the valentine one graced us with its presence) but anyway, a bimmer m3 sped past us and then a few miles up, we saw them on the side of the road...but the cop wasnt behind it, they were side by side! and then a few more miles up we saw the cop coming up behind us at a high rate of speed so of course we move out of the carpool lane to get out of its way right? but he moves with us! (wth?) so the first thing he says when he gets to the window is "I've gotten SEVERAL 911 calls about a speeding white Mercedes-Benz with big chrome rims. GIMME A BREAK!
so he goes "well I didnt see you speed, but I saw you cross that double yellow" oh by the way arent they supposed to ask you if you know why they stopped you before they ask for registration? anyways does anyone know an officer by the name of Pevey? we fought the ticket in court and beat him, so look out, hes out there..
Old 03-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Banned

F248 F1
lol !! ohh man it seems like these ermmm newbie pigs are going wild in the barn yard ! god i hate california cops they are soooo gay....and people at dmv are soo ****en stupid here .....hey man dont worry its only 238 bucks...i have my license suspended for getting a carpool ticket ...go figure bro....lol i got pulled over by a CHP on christmas eve man was that guy an ***.. im going to court just to see his face again lol....according to him he said he saw me speeding and cutting in and out of the traffic...and i wasent ...i saw him in my rear view mirror..he followed me for about 5 miles...then he finally decided to pulled me over when i was at chevron.... lol he made me move my car cuz he 'didnt have enough room ' that fat ***... so anyways hes walking towards my car with his hand in his gun..im holly ****t who the **** did i kill .....he ask me to for my DL and registration... i give it to him and insurance cuz his pig *** fergot to ask for it...anyways then he takes it all goes ...he goes bak to his pig stand for about 10-15 mins then he comes back out and tells me to step out of the vehicle...im like holy ****en ****... who did i kill... i thought i was gona get arrested... well i get out ..i guess he wanted to see me.. i dont know... then he takes me over to his car...tells me that i was speeding and blah what not and i was like no ...so hes like “i was comming from blossom hill” i was like u joke i was even comming from over there how did u see me…. anyways i confused the **** out of him....so he made me sign the ticket then he tells me he dosent wanna search my car cuz he might find stuff he dosent wanna see...im like omg search it ! and then he tells me hes letting me off easy for not giving me a speeding ticket and wreckless driving and i told him i rather get that ticket --but have him leave with his consious clear that i have nothing in the vehicle ...so the *** just gives me bak my ticket for ..invalid DL which expired on nov 30th anddd invalid car registration which expired in nov as well...

i mean some cops are cool about it ... they dont treat you like **** I mean don’t they know we tax payers especially the upper class pay for their asses to be out there…and they still give us an attitude… sometimes I just wanna slap those ***** and be like ****** if it wasent for me you wouldn’t have your job ! so be thankful to everyone and don’t give us ur bad ****en attitude…

anyways just my 1 cent

btw my name is Enrique “guy”

haha i fergot to comment that if it wasent for us they wouldnt be able to afford donuts ! or be eating them all the time...damn btw how are they in 'shape' if they always eat and sit on their asses ?

Last edited by egxpimp; 03-05-2005 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hey man your cracking me up......

Originally Posted by egutie6970
lol !! ohh y it seems like these ermmm newbie pigs are going wild in the barn yard ! god i hate california cops they are soooo gay....and dmv are soo ****en stupid here .....hey man dont worry its only 238 bucks...i have my license suspended for getting a carpool ticket ...go figure bro....lol i got pulled over by a CHP christmas eve man was that guy an ***.. im going to court just to see his face again lol....according to him he said he saw me speeding and cutting in and out of the traffic...and i wasent ...i saw him in my rear view mirror..he followed me for about 5 mles...then he pulledme over when i was at chevron.... lol he made me move my car cuz he 'didnt have enough room ' tha fat ****... so anyways hes walking towards my car with his hand in his gun..im holly ****t who the **** did i kill now.....he ask me to for my DL and registration... i give it to him and insurance cuz his pigass fergot to ask for it...anyways then he takes it all goes ...he goes bak to his pig stand for about 10-15 mins then he comes bak out and tells me to step out of hte vehicle...im like holy ****en ****... who did i really kill... i thought i was gona get arrested... well i get out ..i guess he wanted to see me.. i dont know... then he takes me over to his car...tells me that i was speeding and blh and i was like no ...so hes like i was comming from blossom hill iu was like u joke i was even comming from over there how edid u see me anyways i confused the **** out of him....so he made me sign the ticket then he tells me he dosent wanna search my c ar cuz he might find stuff he dosent wanna see...im like omg search it ! and then he tells me hes letting me off easy for not giving me a speeding ticket and wreckless driving and i told him i rather get that ticket --but with his consious clear that i have nothing in the vehicle ...so the *** just gives me bak my ticket for ..invalid DL which expired on nov 30th anddd invalid car registration which expired in nov as well...

i mean some cops are cool about it ... they dont treat you like ****

ahh me finish later class is starting in a min gota run !!
I love the part about "How he goes back to his PIG stand!!" hilarious stuff guy..
Old 03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

F248 F1
so its all good man.. btw man i fergot to comment that you have a really nice ride : ) keep it up dont let the pigs put u down !!
:p
Old 03-05-2005, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks.......Enrique

Originally Posted by egutie6970
so its all good man.. btw man i fergot to comment that you have a really nice ride : ) keep it up dont let the pigs put u down !!
:p
I just got the Bi-xenon upgrade, and smoked my tail lights it looks really agressive on Brilliant silver w/tinted windows. I'm getting a couple other mods soon from Steve K. will be posting new pic's soon.....Got any pic's of your ride, rides??Sean.......
Old 03-06-2005, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Do you think I should smoke my tailights? would it look good over Alabaster white?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yes I think it probably would look great w/all around tinted windows

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
Do you think I should smoke my tailights? would it look good over Alabaster white?
I haven't taken pic's of mine yet, or have I seen anyone else do it to an S.
But I absolutely love it!!! I was searching through Brabus's main web-site and they have a black 03' CL 500 OR 55, It's listed on there Cars For Sale section
and since the CL's tail lights look exactly like the new S class tail lights you can judge for yourself how bad *** they look when smoked, Mine look just like the model on the brabus site except my cars silver.....Sean....

Last edited by Thericker; 03-06-2005 at 09:10 PM.