Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Question about Lorinser S500

Dear Members,

I have received an email from our dear member "Supercharged S500" who's from the United Arab Emirates, requesting if he could get some insight on a few questions he had about his car.

His email reads:

Dear Ahmed,

I have a 1999 model S500 with full Lorinser kit including the supercharger. The system includes the headers and exhaust system. I was thinking of selling the car, however.. I have not been able to convince myself that this car was worth parting with.

So I would like to know if there is anything else I can do to the car to increase its power and improve its performance? I need more and need to refresh my excitement for this car.

The car now pumps out 420 hp's and I have removed the catalytic converter.

I would like to increase the boost on the supercharger but dont know how. I have asked a mechanic at the Lorinser center, but he said it cannot be done. Some have told me to install a pulley for the charger. I would like to know what size pulley ( or specifications ) and brand I should get?

I would also like to know if I could install an intercooler for this supercharger?

I would like to mention that I have K&N cone filters installed which are connected to the Mass Air sensors but are facing downwards. This is a problem cause I have to be very careful when driving over water puddles. It seems that the filter is sucking in dirt and other debris, that could potentially enter into the supercharger.

So will the intercooler solve this problem to an extent as well?

Thank You

Well guys, your expert inputs would be highly appreciated. Although I may need to translate your ideas to him in Arabic, i think dear member "Supercharged S500" would really benefit from reading all your contributions.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
you might want to try posting this in the W140 forum
Old 12-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll move it to the W140 forum.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 162 Likes on 131 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Gentlemen... its a W220!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Ahmed is correct, 1998 October 24th S-Class W220 start of sale in Germany
Old 12-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Time to move it to the W220 forum!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Get it right Ricky!! LOL, all this work.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Well it was in W126 first!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Again, all that work you had to do. *sigh* modship is tough isn't it.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S600 1997
Dear Ahmed
I have read the letter of your friend , and I would like to comment on it.
I think the Lorinser supercharger kit is a tuning kit without radical changes in the engine.
I mean, the pistons , the block are all OEM Parts , and they added the SC to it and only the computer was reproggramed.
So I think he needs different (low compression) pistons if he wants to add more boost .
I purchased a Lorinser SC kit a few years ago , from a wrecked w210 E55 AMG , and I was told I just have to bolt on the kit , and use the modded ECU , which was also included.
I was told I don't need more parts and the engine stays original.
That's all I can say.
Dennis
Old 12-25-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Dear Members,

I have received an email from our dear member "Supercharged S500" who's from the United Arab Emirates, requesting if he could get some insight on a few questions he had about his car.

His email reads:

Dear Ahmed,

I have a 1999 model S500 with full Lorinser kit including the supercharger. The system includes the headers and exhaust system. I was thinking of selling the car, however.. I have not been able to convince myself that this car was worth parting with.

So I would like to know if there is anything else I can do to the car to increase its power and improve its performance? I need more and need to refresh my excitement for this car.

The car now pumps out 420 hp's and I have removed the catalytic converter.

I would like to increase the boost on the supercharger but dont know how. I have asked a mechanic at the Lorinser center, but he said it cannot be done. Some have told me to install a pulley for the charger. I would like to know what size pulley ( or specifications ) and brand I should get?

I would also like to know if I could install an intercooler for this supercharger?

I would like to mention that I have K&N cone filters installed which are connected to the Mass Air sensors but are facing downwards. This is a problem cause I have to be very careful when driving over water puddles. It seems that the filter is sucking in dirt and other debris, that could potentially enter into the supercharger.

So will the intercooler solve this problem to an extent as well?

Thank You

Well guys, your expert inputs would be highly appreciated. Although I may need to translate your ideas to him in Arabic, i think dear member "Supercharged S500" would really benefit from reading all your contributions.

FIRST OFF, you WILL detonate the engine IF you are running cast pistons and OEM compression. The reason you need to find out this info before you do anything of the sorts, e.g. raising boost, changing pulleys on the blower, etc. is that in order to handle the increased boost, the engine must get rebuilt with titanium valve guides, forged pistons and all sorts of other goodies that does not sound like you currently have in your car.
From the sounds of it, it is basically all OEM except for the blower.
Do yourself a favor and do some R&D on forced induction, it is crucial the person know the details of modding the internals of his engine or you could end up having to pay up the nose to rebuild your engine after you have detonated it and blown it to pieces.
Remember , you raise boost, you need to lower compression, e.g. forged internals, with reverse domed pistons designed to lower compression on forced induction powerplants.

I have done alot of my cars myself, built a few TT setups on some Vipers I owned, also tweeked out my old H1 Hummer, currently working on a TT setup for a 993 cab with tiptronic. Should be ultra fun when done!

goodluck hope this opened up your eyes a little
if you want to chat, hit me up at kmmfa81 on yahoo, aol or msn.
peace and merry xmas!