S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

No GPS reception W220 "00-SAT"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320 (W220)
No GPS reception W220 "00-SAT"

Hello, maybe one you MB drivers can help me out? I have a W220 from 2000, after my battery went flat I managed to get my Benz running again with a jump lead from an other car's battery. Then I discovered that I lost GPS reception and the Navigation says 00-SAT. Could it be that I blow a fuse due to the use of a jump lead? If so, does any one has an idea where this fuse is located or what could be the cause of losing GPS reception? Thanks and best regards, Henry...
Old 02-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone else has a simillar problem a few posts up. See response.

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/181747-command-problems.html
Old 02-15-2007, 05:59 AM

S320 (W220)
Kenstudios, thanks. It could be the same problem as vette529 but my navigation is working. I have the map only due to no GPS reception I'm driving in the field or an other town. It could be a fuse but than it would be good to have a fuse diagram. Hope someone has an idea, as for sure this happened to more MB comand users.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 311 Likes on 229 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
I don't think there's a fuse that could affect the nav, but there are configuration options and error codes that might be of diagnostic help. Have you tried the engineering menus?

http://www.mercupgrades.com/comand/C...rvice-Mode.htm
Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 PM

S320 (W220)
Whoofer, I've got the EU version. The displays shown in your link e-mail are not for the comand 2.5 for the W220. I spoke to severall electricians on my work and they suggest to search for a fuse. Next month I will bring my Benz for service and will ask to solve this problem. As mentioned earlier, this must be a commen problem. To change the whole unit is a money maker!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Banka
Whoofer, I've got the EU version. The displays shown in your link e-mail are not for the comand 2.5 for the W220. I spoke to severall electricians on my work and they suggest to search for a fuse. Next month I will bring my Benz for service and will ask to solve this problem. As mentioned earlier, this must be a commen problem. To change the whole unit is a money maker!
Actually that is a European site. As the link suggests, it should work for EU or US (but not Japanese) COMAND 2.5 with the single difference of using TAPE not AUX as the starting point. It did work with my COMAND 2.5, but that was US.

If it did work, the stored diagnostic codes (which that site helps you interpret) would be very informative. It was for me in the past.

In any case, good luck.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:26 PM

S320 (W220)
Whoover, your right, I was to fast in my reply. Will try it over the weekend. But as I metioned before this is must be something commen. Can't believe that the whole comand needs to be changed! This as in some other threads it was suggested by the MB dealers but in the end not to be found the case. Unfortunately Bamberger did not reply as he knows a lot about cabeling and etc.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 PM

S320 (W220)
Angry

Come on so called MB experienced persons! No one has a clue what could be the cause? As I read in some other threads the rooth of this cause is never found.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Banka, I'm not sure about this type of problem. There are some cars that require recalibration of their unit after a jump start. I'm not sure if MB's need that or not. GM vehicles need to be driven in a circle for a few minutes until the compass aquires the N pole. What happens if you input a destination? Do you get guidance? Try removing the disc, wait a few minutes then re-insert disc and input a destination. I'm absolutely clueless on this one.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by kenstudios
Hey Banka, I'm not sure about this type of problem. There are some cars that require recalibration of their unit after a jump start. I'm not sure if MB's need that or not. GM vehicles need to be driven in a circle for a few minutes until the compass aquires the N pole. What happens if you input a destination? Do you get guidance? Try removing the disc, wait a few minutes then re-insert disc and input a destination. I'm absolutely clueless on this one.
There's also a recalibration menu, if I remember correctly. I think it's in the SYS menu but I don't remember much about the CD-nav.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:18 AM

S320 (W220)
Kenstudios, will try what you mention and when I give a destination all is working. Only at the moment the car is pointing me in an other direction due to no GPS reception. Recalibration did not work as I tried it before