Jealous Ass Holes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by Skylaw
Just envision yourself as a proctologist, with them on the table for a colonoscopy, and you just ran out of anesthesia. It will make you feel better.

And if you have some time to spend on a hair-raising story of a Benz owner and some downright dangerous a-holes, take a look at https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/128022-just-got-carjacked-two-thugs.html and the even more chilling followup at https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w220/133092-hey-guys-time-update.html

Sometimes one just has to be cautious in a nice car. I live in a very nice neighborhood, but there are places less than 5 miles away that neither my wife nor I will go to - even to buy the take-out dinners we'd like to. Our cars would mark us for the same kind of trouble as discussed in the links.
Damn..Skylaw...

That's some sad S^&t. How nice is your neighborhood "Really" when you can't even get takeout 5 miles away because of a freaking car..
What a sad life we live...this same thing can be said about "nice" neighborhoods all across the country

Rap Artist.. Ceelo said it best.. "...every now and then, I wonder if the gates were put up to keep crime out or keep our asses in.."

I guess I'm putting the reality of all this on ignore.. I said before that I JUST PLAIN REFUSE TO BE AFRAID TO LIVE BECAUSE I HAVE A NICE CAR OR LIVE IN A NICE HOUSE.

My car(s) and much as I love(d) them just will not define who I am as a person so if it gets nicked, egged, keyed, (again), or whatever.. I have to say that at the end of the day it's a car, and pick up the phone and call My Insurer and say Handle it. I'm to busy living this short life to be worried about that kind of crap.

The other day a guy asked be if I wanted preferred valet parking in front of the club that me and my girlfriend visited. it was about three times more than the cost of regular valet. I told him you must be kidding. You think I give a sh&*t about who sees my car parked in front of your club? Hell no. put it where you put the rest of the Valet's. I'm here to dance and have a good time not worry about my damn car. He just laughed as he took the keys.

It's material. Thank God for it.. but don't let it become your virtual oppressor.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by my06clk
Damn..Skylaw...

That's some sad S^&t. How nice is your neighborhood "Really" when you can't even get takeout 5 miles away because of a freaking car..
What a sad life we live...this same thing can be said about "nice" neighborhoods all across the country
It's quite nice, and has a lot of great places very close by - but there is one bad pocket about 5 miles away - high crime area, transient population. We're not surrounded by it - in fact it is quite easy to bypass - but some of our favorite kinds of take-out happen to be there. We don't care to expose ourselves to the potential for carjackings that seem to go on there, simply on the rare occasion we want takeout. We go elsewhere, even though further away for that particular take-out.

No way we're trapped. My particular community isn't gated or fenced, although many are in the larger development. And our larger community is surrounded by a number of other very nice ones.

But the bottom line is, it does pay to be circumspect about taking a very nice car into a high crime area - and if you don't know the area, at least look around if folks seem just to be "hanging around." If you checked out the links I provided, I will also add that the area in which the carjacking and the murder occurred were by what had been a large and fairly nice shopping mall that was itself killed by too many unsavory characters just "hanging around." Also, I no longer live in that city - though crime is just one of the reasons. Insurance did little to replace the husband and father murdered specifically for his car, and targeted for the type of car he drove. Ignore it if you will - and I can understand why one would want to - but I won't.

However, I fully agree about the super-valet. Fortunately, at the country club where I occasionally use a valet, it's covered in the dues. And I usually park my own anyway (haven't we all seen the abuses?).

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-10-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by Skylaw
It's quite nice, and has a lot of great places very close by - but there is one bad pocket about 5 miles away - high crime area, transient population. We're not surrounded by it - in fact it is quite easy to bypass - but some of our favorite kinds of take-out happen to be there. We don't care to expose ourselves to the potential for carjackings that seem to go on there, simply on the rare occasion we want takeout. We go elsewhere, even though further away for that particular take-out.

No way we're trapped. My particular community isn't gated or fenced, although many are in the larger development. And our larger community is surrounded by a number of other very nice ones.

But the bottom line is, it does pay to be circumspect about taking a very nice car into a high crime area - and if you don't know the area, at least look around if folks seem just to be "hanging around." If you checked out the links I provided, I will also add that the area in which the carjacking and the murder occurred were by what had been a large and fairly nice shopping mall that was itself killed by too many unsavory characters just "hanging around." Also, I no longer live in that city - though crime is just one of the reasons. Insurance did little to replace the husband and father murdered specifically for his car, and targeted for the type of car he drove. Ignore it if you will - and I can understand why one would want to - but I won't.

However, I fully agree about the super-valet. Fortunately, at the country club where I occasionally use a valet, it's covered in the dues. And I usually park my own anyway (haven't we all seen the abuses?).
Si.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
The best revenge is living well.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by sprink49
The best revenge is living well.
Indeed. One of my favorite sayings.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS 63 S AMG , s500,clk550
Skylaw
....that actually helps. i really feel alloooot better. and that puts a very strange image in my head..lol

my06clk

i see your point i respect it its the way to be..but in todays society its become a "materialistic" thing and with that comes danger of it getting abused by some jacka s s. and people think thats owning such a car is showing of your wealth and its not true at all.. we choose to own the mercedes because we worked hard for it and we want to enjoy the luxires of it. it truly is a very sad society.

sprink49

I couldnt agree with you more.. your absolutely right...