S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

If you had to sell your car, how would you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S430
If you had to sell your car, how would you?

I have a 2002 S430 and I am ready to move on.

Whats the most effective way to sell a car these days ?

Looking for approaches that have worked quickly not the normal stuff like Ebay and Craigslist.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s600
Ebay works for me. I've bought and sold 4 cars, 3 airplanes, 2 telescopes (expensive scopes, not cheapo crap), and a motorcycle on Ebay with no problems.

My dad has a Jaguar E-type collection, and he just sold a '69 coupe on Ebay to a guy in Norway (dad is in Ohio). You simply have a huge pool of buyers that check Ebay daily. He had it for sale in the usual Jaguar magazines for months, but just 7 days on Ebay and it was sold for $3k more than he had listed it in the Jag magazines!

That being said, how much do you want for it? Pics?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
eBay or autotrader

Avoid local pickup with cashier check. Lot of people lost money that way lately (fake or counterfit one).

Originally Posted by sessayan
I have a 2002 S430 and I am ready to move on.

Whats the most effective way to sell a car these days ?

Looking for approaches that have worked quickly not the normal stuff like Ebay and Craigslist.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 S430
I am hoping to get 20K for it. It has 70,000 Miles on it and its a CPO. It also has a bumper to bumper warranty that goes out to 100,000 miles and I am pretty sure its transferable. The warranty was 4K alone when I bought the car a couple of years ago. I need to pull it all together. Here is a quick picture off my phone:
Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
eBay - not so much

just be careful with eBay. my account was hijacked recently. thief reposted my old listing for an absurd price. luckly I caught all of this before the damage was done. Too much fraudulent activity on eBay. People act interested and ask for more pics then they repost your slightly modified ad along with additional pics you just sent in hope of some quick cash. I would use AutoTrader, besides for approximately $60 your ad runs till it sells. not to mention up to 18 pics you can upload. as you can tell I'm not a huge fan of eBay any longer.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM

that red one
Your post didn't say anything about selling the car for the most money, only the quickest and most effective way to sell the car, so if money is not an issue, the fastest and most trouble-free way is to trade it in or sell it back to the dealer. You probably won't get top dollar for it, but it will most likely be the quickest way to sell the car with less hassle.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 S430
Tried that and they wanted to give me 13K, hence the post.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 AM

2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
dont even bother with a MB dealer!

Originally Posted by itswindee
Your post didn't say anything about selling the car for the most money, only the quickest and most effective way to sell the car, so if money is not an issue, the fastest and most trouble-free way is to trade it in or sell it back to the dealer. You probably won't get top dollar for it, but it will most likely be the quickest way to sell the car with less hassle.
they cant even represent it because of its age,they are forced to wholsale it and believe me,save yourself the insult.we sold our 02 E320 66k miles,no remaining warranty for $17k.you might get what you are asking if it is a super clean car.we sold ours on a military installation "for sale lot".if there is any way for you to tap into that market it is a good one because active duty service members are coming home with pockets of tax free cash and they have all been dreaming of what kind of car they are gonna get when they get home.you are selling someones dream car it is just a matter of finding them.any ads you run in any advertisement should have a good picture to go with it.text dosent sell cars,pictures do.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 S430
Thanks Cobra, That’s good input. I will take many quality pictures.

Strange thing is I was actually feeling guilty driving home last night feeling as if I turned my back on my car. I am going to miss it but the end goal is to get into a S550 so one must do what they have to do.

It’s kind of like moving forward with that divorce even though you still kind of love her but knowing that you will replace her with a hot 22 year old makes it worth the pain.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:04 PM

2003 S500, 03 C240, 03 E320, 03 tahoe
Caution!

Originally Posted by sessayan
Thanks Cobra, That’s good input. I will take many quality pictures.

Strange thing is I was actually feeling guilty driving home last night feeling as if I turned my back on my car. I am going to miss it but the end goal is to get into a S550 so one must do what they have to do.

It’s kind of like moving forward with that divorce even though you still kind of love her but knowing that you will replace her with a hot 22 year old makes it worth the pain.
there is nothing that melts a man faster than a drop dead,jaw dropping,breathtaking 22 year old ovulating female.but sometimes it is better to simply admire it for it's face value but never consider putting the "key in the ignition".you never get only what you wanted,it turns out to be a package deal.same with bigger and better cars.

Last edited by AH1W-COBRA; 07-30-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add text
Old 07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 S430
Sounds like a man who has been there.

Are we still talking about cars ?