S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

HID conversion kits & error canceler's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
15' W222
HID conversion kits & error canceler's

Hey guys, I bought a HID conversion kit awhile back from someone advertised on this board, and it's been sitting around for almost a year lol, (was waiting to buy the projector lenses before I installed them) but I opted NOT to purchase the error canceler when I bought the KIT, because he said there's a chance you won't need them.
So after repeated bulb outages I decided just to install the HID kit, before I buy the newer lenses, but I'm afraid of running into errors, and want to have the cancelers on hand just in case. Can anyone tell me if the following canceler's will will work??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...s#ht_500wt_961
Old 07-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL500
hmmmm tough to say. Looking at the picture the cancel device is nothing but a capacitor that holds a charges and feeds reg voltage to trick the computer. But this looks kinda cheap. I paid $20 for the ones on my Lexus. I will tell you a capacitor does not keep constant voltage for split sec it will cycle. That being said if they are really really cheap u will see a very very slight blink every 5 min or so.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:00 PM

15' W222
yea maybe I'm better off ordering them from the place I purchased the kit from
Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 White S430
Originally Posted by trudawg
Hey guys, I bought a HID conversion kit awhile back from someone advertised on this board, and it's been sitting around for almost a year lol, (was waiting to buy the projector lenses before I installed them) but I opted NOT to purchase the error canceler when I bought the KIT, because he said there's a chance you won't need them.
So after repeated bulb outages I decided just to install the HID kit, before I buy the newer lenses, but I'm afraid of running into errors, and want to have the cancelers on hand just in case. Can anyone tell me if the following canceler's will will work??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...s#ht_500wt_961
I bought my kit from www.xenonpros.com for $80 and it has been working like a charm. http://www.xenonpros.com/mcreplace.html
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 PM

15' W222
Originally Posted by pwrofjoe
I bought my kit from www.xenonpros.com for $80 and it has been working like a charm. http://www.xenonpros.com/mcreplace.html
did they come with the error canceler's?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
I have a set of error cancellors that I bought with my HID kit from James@ACGSD for 30 or 35 bucks about 6 months ago and I did not need them at all. I installed the HID kit without the error cancellor and I did not get any dash errors at all, so the error cancellors are just sitting in my garage now. I can sell them to you for 10 bucks shipped if you want them. They will be a direct plug in if you bought them from JAMES as well.

Let me know...Greg
Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM

15' W222
Originally Posted by gregory13lil
I have a set of error cancellors that I bought with my HID kit from James@ACGSD for 30 or 35 bucks about 6 months ago and I did not need them at all. I installed the HID kit without the error cancellor and I did not get any dash errors at all, so the error cancellors are just sitting in my garage now. I can sell them to you for 10 bucks shipped if you want them. They will be a direct plug in if you bought them from JAMES as well.

Let me know...Greg
Sounds great! pm sent
Old 07-26-2009, 09:45 PM

2004 White S430
Thumbs up

did they come with the error canceler's?
When I bought them, I asked him if the W220 would need it and he said yes, and if I wanted, he could send them to me free of charge...and he did. So far, they have been work like magic.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM

15' W222
Ok, so I bought new projector lights and finally installed the HID kit that I bought off of James@ACGSD over a year ago. I was concerned about not having the error canceller’s but just took a chance and went ahead an installed them after blowing another halogen low beam. So after installing them, everything looked great and worked fine (NO ERROR's). Then all of a sudden I get a "Low Beam" error message pop up last night and I'm like aww ***** here we go again!!
I stopped at my destination and looked at the lights and they were both still on! After starting the car again 1 hour later I get no message and none again this morning.

-I thought if you got an error, your lights wouldn't work at all (computer sees the circuit as open)??
-Would the errors be intermittent w/o the canceller’s?
-Greg is actually sending me out the set of canceller’s that he offered a while back, do I indeed need them?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:06 PM

2007 CLS 550 (Black)
Ok, so I bought new projector lights and finally installed the HID kit that I bought off of James@ACGSD over a year ago. I was concerned about not having the error canceller’s but just took a chance and went ahead an installed them after blowing another halogen low beam. So after installing them, everything looked great and worked fine (NO ERROR's). Then all of a sudden I get a "Low Beam" error message pop up last night and I'm like aww ***** here we go again!!
I stopped at my destination and looked at the lights and they were both still on! After starting the car again 1 hour later I get no message and none again this morning.

-I thought if you got an error, your lights wouldn't work at all (computer sees the circuit as open)??
-Would the errors be intermittent w/o the canceller’s?
-Greg is actually sending me out the set of canceller’s that he offered a while back, do I indeed need them?
Did you set your Xenon=Present? I hear if you do that, you wouldn't need error cancellers on a 35W ballast (assuming you originally had halogens). Some people have luck with using 55W ballast without changing an Xenon settings.

Bottom line, if you're aftermarket HID lights are flickering, you'll need error cancellers. Of course, that's if you don't have a defective ballast or bulb.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:29 AM

04 Volvo s60RMT
I wanted a High Intensity Discharge kit which is a very cool light and better visibility especially during night driving. I opted to go with the single beam HID kit too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty so I got it here. sealed beam conversion kits , Also I got error code eliminator here or you can try one of the vendors.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM

15' W222
they work fine, but I get random errors like side lamp, and side marker lamp, but everything works fine