Eurocharged tuned my Beast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Eurocharged tuned my Beast

Okay guys, I finally made the decision to have my beast tuned. I was torn between a few tuners, and decided to go with Eurocharged. After spending this past weekend in Chicago, I can only say, THANK GOD I DID THIS.

I arrived at Eurocharged around 9:00 am Saturday morning where Jerry was busy tuning his new toy, a 135. After about half a dozen pulls, he rolled her off and on went the S600. We did a few base lines pulls and were rewarded with an average of 370 RWHP, and 505RWT. Note: Eurocharged’s Dyno is known as the “Heartbreak King” aka Dyno dynamics load bearing style.

Jerry asked me what I was looking for, and I informed him that it needed to be a daily driver, aka wife friendly, and that I was only looking for a 50 RWHP and 80 RWT gain. I was also concerned with leaning out the mixture, which Jerry assured me he wasn’t going to be doing anyway. My concerns about timing and mixture were quickly put away when Jerry had me watch his A/F monitor on each and every pull. Thanks Jerry for easing my mind.

On the very first pull with the NEW tune, I was rewarded with a 100 RWT and 45 RWHP GAIN. WOW, this was going to be a GREAT day for my car.

After making a few minor adjustments, the numbers stayed about the same, give or take and I was willing to call it quits for the day and head out for a night on the town as I was already TRULY satisfied with his results. Luckily, the wife called and was delayed downtown, so I gave the Jerry the heads up for more. AND BOY DID I GET MORE! At the end of the day, I picked up OVER 170 RWT, and almost 60 RWHP.

When all was said and done, we made 17 pulls on the dyno. I know not for the faint of heart, but Jerry was committed to my project and I had the time so why not. Jerry took the time to make sure that not only did I get what I was after, , but that the tune was safe, reliable and repeatable.

Dyno's are attached for your enjoyment

Bottom line is that their tune exceeded ALL my expectations. On the drive home my mileage remained the same, 20.1 on the way out, and 19.8 on the way home with a few more local stops. The car is simply AMAZING off the line and part throttle passes on the freeway. The car tends to downshift a lot less now as there is MORE power across the entire board. Playing now is truly an event, with power sliding sideways on the freeway ramps at will. Heck, she even got loose on me in the top of second on one straight line pass, which is an event that has NEVER occurred before. The wife summed upped my weekend experience the best with this statement, “You better buy some stock in a tire company soon, as the rear tires will need replaced bi-weekly”.

THANKS Eurocharged and a HUGE THANKS to Jerry for spending the time with me to satisfy all of my questions and desires with my car. If ANY of you are thinking about tuning your car, I would HIGHLY recommend giving Eurocharged a call first. You will NOT be disappointed with their above and beyond customer dedication approach.

PS: They now have the STAR diagnostic tool, which they used to lower my car as an added bonus!! Beats the heck out of using washers or those ridiculously priced arms for a simple drop, and sure was fast and easy.
Attached Thumbnails Eurocharged tuned my Beast-s600hp.jpg   Eurocharged tuned my Beast-s600tq.jpg  

Last edited by MRAMG1; 09-09-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S600TT, LX470 SuperCharged, QX4, BMW 750IL
Congrats! 17 Dyno pulls means a lot of work. Are you sure it was stock boost levels? In order to get increase in torque and HP they have to increase the boost (how else will they get more power). 680 FT-LB of torque is very impressive.

I am thinking about lowering my car, didn't know about the star diagnostic tool method. Are there any downsides over the washer method?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
I am glad to hear that you are happy with our tune and if there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask

Hope to work with you more in the Future.

Also these tune are now available for anyone else who is interested.We have a loaner tool we can send out to do remote flashes.

We are going to have a group buy for $999.99.

Last edited by sales@eurocharged.ca; 09-09-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Yes, we had some time to spare!!

The boost is modified...I sent him a PM so he could correct his post. You should bring that beast by for the star lowering mod and a dyno comparison on our dyno dynamics.

FYI - The Star Diagnostic tool is a Mercedes Factory tool and it's the best way to lower the car. Fluid has this tool and can assist if you prefer to stay with one shop.

Originally Posted by Reckless
Congrats! 17 Dyno pulls means a lot of work. Are you sure it was stock boost levels? In order to get increase in torque and HP they have to increase the boost (how else will they get more power). 680 FT-LB of torque is very impressive.

I am thinking about lowering my car, didn't know about the star diagnostic tool method. Are there any downsides over the washer method?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S

Old 09-09-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Good stuff Marty. Care to share the cost of the tune?

Your next road trip must be to the next NJ picnic. We'll take care of the booze.

Edit: Just noticed the group buy price. Nevermind
Old 09-09-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I'm assuming you pulled plugs to check for detonation and didn't just go by A/F and knock sensor readings? 20+psi is no joke on pump gas.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
LET just blew PC outta the water PERIOD!

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Okay guys, I finally made the decision to have my beast tuned. I was torn between a few tuners, and decided to go with Eurocharged. After spending this past weekend in Chicago, I can only say, THANK GOD I DID THIS.

I arrived at Eurocharged around 9:00 am Saturday morning where Jerry was busy tuning his new toy, a 135. After about half a dozen pulls, he rolled her off and on went the S600. We did a few base lines pulls and were rewarded with an average of 370 RWHP, and 505RWT. Note: Eurocharged’s Dyno is known as the “Heartbreak King” aka Dyno dynamics load bearing style.

Jerry asked me what I was looking for, and I informed him that it needed to be a daily driver, aka wife friendly, and that I was only looking for a 50 RWHP and 80 RWT gain. I was also concerned with leaning out the mixture, which Jerry assured me he wasn’t going to be doing anyway. My concerns about timing and mixture were quickly put away when Jerry had me watch his A/F monitor on each and every pull. Thanks Jerry for easing my mind.

On the very first pull with the NEW tune, I was rewarded with a 100 RWT and 45 RWHP GAIN. WOW, this was going to be a GREAT day for my car.

After making a few minor adjustments, the numbers stayed about the same, give or take and I was willing to call it quits for the day and head out for a night on the town as I was already TRULY satisfied with his results. Luckily, the wife called and was delayed downtown, so I gave the Jerry the heads up for more. AND BOY DID I GET MORE! At the end of the day, I picked up OVER 170 RWT, and almost 60 RWHP.

When all was said and done, we made 17 pulls on the dyno. I know not for the faint of heart, but Jerry was committed to my project and I had the time so why not. Jerry took the time to make sure that not only did I get what I was after, , but that the tune was safe, reliable and repeatable.

Dyno's are attached for your enjoyment

Bottom line is that their tune exceeded ALL my expectations. On the drive home my mileage remained the same, 20.1 on the way out, and 19.8 on the way home with a few more local stops. The car is simply AMAZING off the line and part throttle passes on the freeway. The car tends to downshift a lot less now as there is MORE power across the entire board. Playing now is truly an event, with power sliding sideways on the freeway ramps at will. Heck, she even got loose on me in the top of second on one straight line pass, which is an event that has NEVER occurred before. The wife summed upped my weekend experience the best with this statement, “You better buy some stock in a tire company soon, as the rear tires will need replaced bi-weekly”.

THANKS Eurocharged and a HUGE THANKS to Jerry for spending the time with me to satisfy all of my questions and desires with my car. If ANY of you are thinking about tuning your car, I would HIGHLY recommend giving Eurocharged a call first. You will NOT be disappointed with their above and beyond customer dedication approach.

PS: They now have the STAR diagnostic tool, which they used to lower my car as an added bonus!! Beats the heck out of using washers or those ridiculously priced arms for a simple drop, and sure was fast and easy.
Congratz on the Tune man!! LET/Jerry These results are EPIC!!! I look fwd to seeing what a properly cooled 600/65 setup yields @ track

NOT to beat a dead horse, but hell we are talking Horsepower, this Dynodynamics is indeed the TRUE Widowmaker 370 RWHP 505 RWTO for STOCK S600 is what it should be, NOT 450 RWHP 560 RWTO as seen on the other Dynodynamics in Chi-Town that Powerchip/Jeremy tuned a DIFFERENT S600 on.

The gains achieved w/ individual tunes speak for themselves, LET/Jerry Nets near 60 RWHP & STAGGERING 180 RWTO while Powerchip comes in a Dismal 2nd w/40 RWHP & 100 RWTO nuff said...
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by Thericker
The gains achieved w/ individual tunes speak for themselves, LET/Jerry Nets near 60 RWHP & STAGGERING 180 RWTO while Powerchip comes in a Dismal 2nd w/40 RWHP & 100 RWTO nuff said...
as they say the proof is in the pudding...or the patches of rubber...i forget how the saying goes...
Old 09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
LET/Jerry's RWHP curve is the best I've seen (forget peak #'s this is the REAL Widowmaker) look @ the Table-Top Post tune curve! nearly flat across ENTIRE rev-range
Old 09-09-2009, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
as they say the proof is in the pudding...or the patches of rubber...i forget how the saying goes...
Yes Dyno #'s are just #'s Really looking fwd to 1/4 mile ET's Traps w/this ECU
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
what ...nothing about the rodeo done to the car with STAR?

lololol Ur face was priceless!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Yes Dyno #'s are just #'s Really looking fwd to 1/4 mile ET's Traps w/this ECU
Yes, yes, give me time my friend. I will be at the strip soon enough.

Actualy I can't wiat to be thrown out

Old 09-09-2009, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by loungn14
what ...nothing about the rodeo done to the car with STAR?

lololol Ur face was priceless!
Yeah, were is that video. The wifey is dying to see it

It was pretty cool watching it bounce up and down Jake
Old 09-09-2009, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yes, yes, give me time my friend. I will be at the strip soon enough.

Actualy I can't wiat to be thrown out

If I were to fathom a guess, (givin great conditions/tires/track/driver) those Dyno #'s will = 11.40-11.50 @ 124-125 mph, pull the stock engine covers @ track, cool engine for 30-45 min w/2 stages of ICE-bags on Intercoolers I.E. 1 bag for 20 min ea side -repeat then run her ( I bet you hit 11.30's @ 125-126 w/this combo) coolings a must for these V12TT's

If you get the time do the Rear Reservoir tank install, bout a $1k installed, 65 owners have shown 30 rwhp gains w/this mod, I'm going to have my SL dyno'd again w/this Res Tank, & report findings
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Nice before and after numbers Marty, Im sure youre a happy man!!

Sean....dont get too caught up in the dyno figures from one dyno to another as they will always be inconsistent. For some reason these Dyno Dynamics baselines seem to be all over the place....ive never been on one before but they are great tuning tools. And for our cars they are awesome because you can get RPM hookup thru the OBD and get a nice TQ reading.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by JAYCL600

Sean....dont get too caught up in the dyno figures from one dyno to another as they will always be inconsistent. For some reason these Dyno Dynamics baselines seem to be all over the place....ive never been on one before but they are great tuning tools. And for our cars they are awesome because you can get RPM hookup thru the OBD and get a nice TQ reading.
You're right bud! just throwing out a guesstimate is ALL in fun, given #'s & particular Dyno machine used
Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
^^^^check your PM^^^^^
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
+1
I'm sure it totally transforms your beast, MRAMG1. Congrats on the results!

For some reason these Dyno Dynamics baselines seem to be all over the place....ive never been on one before but they are great tuning tools.
Agreed - Eurocharged's DD does seem to be a true "heartbreaker." Assuming MRAMG1's car is producing a healthy stock 493 bhp, 370 rwhp would be about 25% in driveline losses. DD's are allegedly great for tuning, though - and the results speak for themselves.

Slightly off-topic... is LET no more? Used to be only LET, then LET was software and Eurocharged was hardware... now is it all Eurocharged?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
If I were to fathom a guess, (givin great conditions/tires/track/driver) those Dyno #'s will = 11.40-11.50 @ 124-125 mph, pull the stock engine covers @ track, cool engine for 30-45 min w/2 stages of ICE-bags on Intercoolers I.E. 1 bag for 20 min ea side -repeat then run her ( I bet you hit 11.30's @ 125-126 w/this combo) coolings a must for these V12TT's

If you get the time do the Rear Reservoir tank install, bout a $1k installed, 65 owners have shown 30 rwhp gains w/this mod, I'm going to have my SL dyno'd again w/this Res Tank, & report findings
Guess what my next nod is

Old 09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Hey Jay +10000 my friend.

The ride home was TOOOO much fun. Even the wife chuckled and said, oh yeah this will cost us. Meaning tires of course
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Hey Jay +10000 my friend.

The ride home was TOOOO much fun. Even the wife chuckled and said, oh yeah this will cost us. Meaning tires of course
In the mean time, maybe you could re-dyno your S600 on a DynoJet? To obtain similar short term effect Reservoir cooler gives, ice your Intercoolers down for 30-45 min w/2 bags I.E. 15-20 min ea side 4 total bags of ice, then Dyno. Would be great to see what she puts down on DynoJet since DD are so controversial

Last edited by Thericker; 09-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 AM

LS430
WOW! 680rwtq on a hearbreaker DD is nuts, that S600 oozes torque through it's seats and vents and everything else. I should call this S600 the Kitchen and more as it's horsepower powerbandband is a flat dining table and the torque band is one new modern chair that kicks you in the *** really hard, the makings of fine furnishing on the road.

Last edited by E55AMGFan; 09-10-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S600TT, LX470 SuperCharged, QX4, BMW 750IL
Congratz on the Tune man!! LET/Jerry These results are EPIC!!! I look fwd to seeing what a properly cooled 600/65 setup yields @ track

NOT to beat a dead horse, but hell we are talking Horsepower, this Dynodynamics is indeed the TRUE Widowmaker 370 RWHP 505 RWTO for STOCK S600 is what it should be, NOT 450 RWHP 560 RWTO as seen on the other Dynodynamics in Chi-Town that Powerchip/Jeremy tuned a DIFFERENT S600 on.

I don't think it's a fair comparison between the 2 companies. Each car has it's potential. My car was already producing a lot of power, so potential is going to be less. I think the key thing here is that both of us ended with the same amount of torque. LET probably uses powerchip software as well (just a guess) - but I must commend the guys for going through 17 runs (that leaves nothing on the table). I will be having my car dyno'd on a dynojet by the end of the month.

Is it possible that one of those cheap plastic air filters that go inside the air intake affect power output? I know I had those removed in my car. Don't the easily dislodge and cut air to the turbos?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Reckless
I don't think it's a fair comparison between the 2 companies. Each car has it's potential. My car was already producing a lot of power, so potential is going to be less. I think the key thing here is that both of us ended with the same amount of torque. LET probably uses powerchip software as well (just a guess) - but I must commend the guys for going through 17 runs (that leaves nothing on the table). I will be having my car dyno'd on a dynojet by the end of the month.

Is it possible that one of those cheap plastic air filters that go inside the air intake affect power output? I know I had those removed in my car. Don't the easily dislodge and cut air to the turbos?
If you're talking about the little screens in your intake tubes? Yes remove them. Though if a piece broke off & clogged your intake path further up you'd NEVER of seen Pre-Post #'s you got...

These files are totally different, compare the rwhp/rwto curves on your dynos vs Marty's S600 since they're both done on DD's down the st from eachother very comparable data. To infer Jerry is using PC data is just PLAIN WRONG.

RWTO is higher on LET/Eurocharged ECU than the PC file no question...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged tuned my Beast