S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL 600

Heys Guys,
Been on this website a few times and never became a member.
So heres my ride and if any body knows anything i could do to make it better and nicer,
Thanks.

00' S 500 Lorinser
Mandrus 18'
07' Style Tail Lights
Attached Thumbnails New Member-snc00221.jpg   New Member-snc00219.jpg   New Member-snc00222.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Welcome! Nice ride brother, what I would do personally is remove the Lorinser badges from the side for a cleaner look..

-Also the front grille + the hood emblem + front plate is a little redundant and can appear as overkill, if you prefer to keep the star on the grille, perhaps a flat badge on the hood would clean it up a little?

-The W221 style tail lights look nice although I prefer the look of the facelift W220 tails in their smoked form a little better.

-Another thing that would clean up the front end would be to invest in some Euro impact strips, which would get rid of that orange lens..or you could simply color match it!

*Oh & all of that was solely based on my OWN opinion so don't take any of it the wrong way!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
Welcome and enjoy the benefit of the forum. I know that you will enjoy your new car.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM

CL 600
Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
Welcome! Nice ride brother, what I would do personally is remove the Lorinser badges from the side for a cleaner look..

-Also the front grille + the hood emblem + front plate is a little redundant and can appear as overkill, if you prefer to keep the star on the grille, perhaps a flat badge on the hood would clean it up a little?

-The W221 style tail lights look nice although I prefer the look of the facelift W220 tails in their smoked form a little better.

-Another thing that would clean up the front end would be to invest in some Euro impact strips, which would get rid of that orange lens..or you could simply color match it!

*Oh & all of that was solely based on my OWN opinion so don't take any of it the wrong way!
Thanks bro, your ride is cleeeeean !! I've been wanting to do some of those ideas too but wasn't 100% sure on what to do,
-where could i find euro strips for the ride? And also how hard would it be to remove the hood emblem, I'll like to install the Lorinser badge.
- Thanks again for the advice
Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM

A Mercedes obviously!
I'm certainly more of an OEM person so bear this is mind...

-Go back to stock non-star grille
-Remove the Lorinser badges off C pillar
-Switch the '07 style lights for '03
-Remove trunk lid spoiler
-Consider updating the wheels, perhaps to the '00-'02 AMG monoblocks
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abeprieto
Thanks bro, your ride is cleeeeean !! I've been wanting to do some of those ideas too but wasn't 100% sure on what to do,
-where could i find euro strips for the ride? And also how hard would it be to remove the hood emblem, I'll like to install the Lorinser badge.
- Thanks again for the advice
Thanks man I appreciate that! There's a member by the name of MBenzNL, I can almost guarantee you'll be able to get the strips from him.

The hood emblem shouldn't be too hard to remove, try and find a DIY online, perhaps there's one on the forums!

Your ride (given the Lorinser theme) would look clean with some Lorinser wheels on it, my favorite on the S-Class is the LM1.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM

2001 S500
Here’s my opinion, for what it’s worth.
Not a fan of the front grille. I spent ten days in Korea and I’ve seen Nissan Maxima's with different badges. It looked like a Max but the name and badge was weird. When I see the big star front grille it reminds me of a Kia or Hyundai car trying to be a Benz.
I was going to get a pair of the rear lights but was not sure how they would look on my car. I think your car color clashes with the black strips. But it’s your car and that’s just my opinion.
I would suggest you change out the Hella relay for the Airmatic system. My car drove a lot better after I changed out the old relay. If you have the money change out the rims with a deep dish/big lip look. The car looks more aggressive with deep rims. This is on my short list: change the headlights to the clear 03 version. I have the same set as you, makes the car look dated.
Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Supergenius40
When I see the big star front grille it reminds me of a Kia or Hyundai car trying to be a Benz.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM

2001 S500
Hey but I love the look on the new C300.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 AM

CL 600
Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
Thanks man I appreciate that! There's a member by the name of MBenzNL, I can almost guarantee you'll be able to get the strips from him.

The hood emblem shouldn't be too hard to remove, try and find a DIY online, perhaps there's one on the forums!

Your ride (given the Lorinser theme) would look clean with some Lorinser wheels on it, my favorite on the S-Class is the LM1.
I had the LM1 20' on the car, but I have two wheels cracked and I was never able to find replacements. So I went to a local shop and had them weld, bad idea. The air was always leaking out and now I have the wheels in my ware house and see no future in them "/
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM

CL 600
Here’s my opinion, for what it’s worth.
Not a fan of the front grille. I spent ten days in Korea and I’ve seen Nissan Maxima's with different badges. It looked like a Max but the name and badge was weird. When I see the big star front grille it reminds me of a Kia or Hyundai car trying to be a Benz.
I was going to get a pair of the rear lights but was not sure how they would look on my car. I think your car color clashes with the black strips. But it’s your car and that’s just my opinion.
I would suggest you change out the Hella relay for the Airmatic system. My car drove a lot better after I changed out the old relay. If you have the money change out the rims with a deep dish/big lip look. The car looks more aggressive with deep rims. This is on my short list: change the headlights to the clear 03 version. I have the same set as you, makes the car look dated.
Welcome to the forum!
When i was in market for the tail lights i was surfing the web for days looking for a match for the color i have, and how is that with the airmatic system?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM

CL 600
Hey but I love the look on the new C300.
EWW THE C-CLASS
Old 01-12-2011, 11:44 AM

CL 600
I found a pic when i had the LM1 on the car.