I Turn right Now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
I Turn right Now!

So I'm driving in the middle lane on the highway(FDR) when a Kamikaze driver decides to just ram me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnjgLJi-_co

How do you hit a driver who is parallel to you makes no sense to me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55 AMG, 2005 E55 AMG
Especially in the rear of the car!! And where the wheel is on top of that! I guess I could understand if they hit you in the front with their rear (blind spots) BUT I have no idea how anyone can do that, dont you see the super long S class next to you?! Jeeeez
Old 03-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
On their cellphone?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
At least your car was moving. I lost one and I wasn't even there....

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...th-2010-a.html
Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM

2001 S500
+1 on the cell phone. How's the rear tow?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Fraser
On their cellphone?
Nop, the you tube video explains everything!

Just got the police report will try to go through his insurance somehow.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
does your neck hurt?? i think it does.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Ok Guys, So I need your help on this

The other driver lied on his statement and is trying to weasel his way out of this and his insurance is trying to screw me. On the scene he was crying of how sorry he was and now he probably denied everything. I blew a lid on her yesterday and she almost hanged down on me a few times.

The police report, it depicts a picture of his car crashing into mine from the left lane to the middle lane into my quarter panel with I'm ahead by 4/5 of a car. But it also says we both sides scraped each other. It also states that I said Vehicle X crashed into me when he tried to switch lanes.

But this is what bugged me out yesterday, it states in police codes additional things:

For ME:
Code X-Following too closely(How the F can I be following too closley when he rammed me when I was ahead of him the whole time). I wasn't the one behind him, this is not a stop and rear end accident..
Code 5- Driver Inexperience(What inexeprience, if he crashed into me while I was ahead of him)

For HIM:
Code XX- Driver Speeding(We were going 10-15 mph in slight traffic, where does this guy deduce he was speeding)
Code XXX-Driver Inattention

I've come to the conclusion this officer is a total moron. Also his insurance which is some car service insurance lied to me about sending out the forms, so they apparently didnt even receive my statement yet. I'm tempted as hell to go and have a face to face with this driver too and confront him. They think because I don't have a lawyer, they can just walk all over me, which I think they are planning.

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 04-15-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:07 PM

2001 S500
File under your insurance and have your insurance re-coop your loss. It’s not worth getting upset and losing it with idiots. You know what arguing with a fool does??? No one can figure out who’s the fool.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
If the issue is simply recovering the money from your insurance company (and your company recovering your deductible from the other driver's) all you need to do is file a claim.

If you are concerned about your rates going up, or if the concern is other driver's company trying to gyp you out of your deductible, send a letter questioning the police report. What does "following too close" have to do with what seems to have been caused by an improper lane change? Stay calm and professional when writing such a letter. Send the photo. State what happened. Don't defend the actions of the other driver.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM

S500
Was this the FDR in NY? If it was, it doesn't surprise me that something like this happened...

File a claim with your insurance co. and advise them on what the other driver and his insurance is up to to cover your self...hope all ends well
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Thanks for the advice gentleman.

They are offering me 50% since the PR said we both sideswiped each other. Take it or leave it? I don't know
Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
"Sideswiped each other"? In whose lane did the collision occur? Unless you were BOTH changing lanes and collided, one person sideswiped the other; and that is ordinarily determined by which lane the collision occurred.

Unfortunately you may need other witnesses to back you up on that, but if he clearly tried to come into a lane in which you were already established, he collided with you. If you were both trying to move into the same lane when the collision occurred, then you sideswiped each other.

Only you know what happened. We don't.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Skylaw
"Sideswiped each other"? In whose lane did the collision occur? Unless you were BOTH changing lanes and collided, one person sideswiped the other; and that is ordinarily determined by which lane the collision occurred.

Unfortunately you may need other witnesses to back you up on that, but if he clearly tried to come into a lane in which you were already established, he collided with you. If you were both trying to move into the same lane when the collision occurred, then you sideswiped each other.

Only you know what happened. We don't.
He collided with me 100%. What's crazy is I was never in his blind spot either it, he did it right after my car was 4/5 ahead of him. Traffic was moving at 15-20 mph too. I have a witness in my car but its not "Independent". I still don't know why the officer wrote we sideswiped each other, as I heard the driver tell him I didn't see him. It took them 2 hrs to even find us when the station was literally 3-4 blocks away, this guy just doesn't care.

I was telling the underwriter what a sham it is and how this driver is getting away.

This is exactly how she stated it:

His version of the story is I changed lanes into him, while mine is that he crashed into me. Since both of us say 2 different things and there is no independent, they are offering 50. I feel he will NEVER admit fault, so how can I ever win this"?

It's a sad thing, that he is lying and I'm losing $$. I feel like one of those convicts who has to accept the plea offer to avoid a crazy sentence even though your innocent because its the logical thing to do.

Lesson learned from this: Pull out a video camera and record the driver admitting fault right away. It's crazy this guy was apologizing to me how he didn't see me and all this and he just pulls a 180 and lies. I feel I've been cheated and he got away. I'm not sure what my options are If I choose to fight it.

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 04-21-2011 at 12:02 PM.