S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

omg nooo i cant beleive this happned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys are nuts But I think you do need to hijack this thread.

Last edited by wmak8; 05-28-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Win

2002 -S500
(PS. sorry guys, I moved to Canada 3 years ago, I know my Egnlish writing skill suck big time, please forgive me, and hope you guys can understand^O^

To those who drove a S class during their 20s, and think that you are superior than others:

Hummmmmm............I am 22 now, my parents bought me a designal (Black Moca) S500 as a Christmas present, so what...........!!!

I am happy about it, but this car also bring me a headache.

Coz I don't like the way people look at me on the street when I am driving it, I don't like the way that those F#@Kers from my school ( TOP UNIVERSITY in CANADA) who judge people by others wealth/ or by the car one drives, and I definitely don't like those who drives a luxury car and acts like they are fu@king rich or something.

And so, I bought myself another car ---->>a TOYOTA ECHO ($17000 CAD) just for driving to school, and drive my S only when I don't have class!! Coz from my point of view, it is VERY VERY INAPPROPRIATE for a kid in 20s like me to drive this kind of car to school.

so.............does that make me looks like a beggar when people saw me driving an ECHO to school? I am not sure how everyone would think..!!

But for sure, if you don't know me at all and saw me in school one day driving a Toyota Echo............what will you have in your mind.......let me guess, must be something like " ya you stupid poor ****, what the fu@k is your car? --look at here, the one I am driving now is the best amount all others......." right...???

Anyway, I just wanna tell those who drove a S during their 20s that we are the lucky ones, but it doesn't meant that we can be arrogant because of that,ok.

You should know that there are lots of young kids out there who drive a nice car, BUT ACT in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ATTITUDE THAN YOU DO......!!

YOU SHOULD OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE REAL WORLD............!!

PEACE - FOREVER

Last edited by Win; 05-29-2003 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:17 PM

Hehe, must be a big difference going from driving the echo one day to driving the s class the next.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:06 PM

HaHa Gotta Love Toyota's! I know i do!
Old 06-03-2003, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
its economical as crap those echos

get like 40-50 mpg lol

i bought my first car was when i was 19 or so, it was a used honda civic 97 with about 60k miles. it was great and I used it to drive to campus my first and second year, but i had a few incidents where i found shoe prints on my hood, aparently someone stuck their dirty foot up on my hood to tie their shoelaces.

anyway, ever since i bought my benz on my 21st birthday, i have been using it as my everyday car (its my only car!) and i go everywhere with it, friends, malls, city, school, work and i havent had a single incident of disrespect or vandalism of any sort. well i have had some cases where punk *** birds would **** on my car but i dont think they did that out of spite

i dont try to hide the fact that im in my early 20s and drive a benz. when im driving around campus on a nice day i have my windows down and sunroof open with some music playin... just like any other guy. i dont ever brag about my car, only praise it infront of those who are interested in cars as well. there are indeed some other well endowed peers my age who have even nicer cars like m3, honda s2000, mbz slk, z06 vette, and we usually park in the same lot which is the FURTHEST away from everyone else. this is not due to avoiding vandalism but from ppl who accidently walk by the parking lot with their keys/bags and have it rub up on your car.

to the poster who said apricutclub said, "i get my s430 .......... its OVER" what do you mean by that? was this in a previous thread? what was it about

Last edited by Rincewind; 06-03-2003 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:11 PM

Bringing a knife to a gun fight

You can't really compare your experience of driving a C class with some of the other people who are driving S classes. Nobody is wowed by a C class, but that cannot be said for the S. The C class is appropriate for college/highschool students, but not an S. That's the center of the argument here.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
thank you mr obvious, i can read what the discussion was about.
before this thread turns into a 'who has a bigger **** contest' or a 'diss everyone who doesnt have a s600'

i was just comparing a nice car like a benz to just any other reg car, as i said in my post. but fine if you'd rather keep this discussion closed for posters who own and drive s classes only then i will just go about on my way back to the w202 forum.

Nobody is wowed by a C class, but that cannot be said for the S.
wow what a stuck- up and ignorant statement to make. its things like that why you guys wonder why your cars get keyed

saying no one is wow'ed by a c-class is an opinion that i'd keep to myself, because its just wrong. what are you going by interms of wow factor? price tag? lol. ever read dtmpower.net? see the braubus tuned c32 there? hmm guess its just little stuff compared to the sclass. (sarcasm)

if a c-class was approprate for highschool/college students i'd like to know where you live cuz ive seen 0 of them in highschool and maybe 2-3 of them at a state university in MD. i can tell you right now it is not a typical college/hs student car, but i guess we are just poor folks out here in md. the typical car in my area are camry, civics, mostly imports under 15-20k

i may not have a 100k sclass but i get many compliments about my car. whether you believe that statement or not it is of no concern to me.

Last edited by Rincewind; 06-03-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
just looked over the whole entire thred again and picked this out

You can't really compare your experience of driving a C class with some of the other people who are driving S classes.
wow lets assume i never drove an s-class anywhere before!
i may not own one but my parents do. and it has been driven to public places like on campus b4. no vandalism.

my point is you can have a nice car and not be a victim of haters as long as you dont brag or show off, especially to the wrong people. sometimes demographics of where you live play a factor also and it just cant be helped if you are in an area where everyone knows each other and there are alot of bored individuals who spite ppl that have the finer things in life.

edit: its also smart to park in places where ppl dont accidently 'dmg' your car, like i said in my first post. i always try to park with an empty space on both sides of my car. less door dings happen that way

Last edited by Rincewind; 06-03-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Re: Bringing a knife to a gun fight

Originally posted by internet_mafia
You can't really compare your experience of driving a C class with some of the other people who are driving S classes. Nobody is wowed by a C class, but that cannot be said for the S. The C class is appropriate for college/highschool students, but not an S. That's the center of the argument here.
C-Class for kiddies? Wow, sign me up. I must have graduated to say at least an E-Class by now.

Must be rough where you live.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
This is how I look at this issue. People in general have no problom whatsoever with cars because cars do not have an attitude. It's the people who drive them. I am NOT saying you are but sometimes people did show some attitude and not knowing it. I'd say in this case, wrong car at the wrong place. I started driving Benz when I was 28, my father bought it for me and I am glad he did. It's a 87' 420SEL. I had that car for 8 years without any problem with anyone. Then my father helped me to buy the coupe in 95 after I sold my 420SEL. And a few years ago, my mother's 560SEL was passed down to me because I take good care of my cars. The only people who messed up my cars were the Mercedes Benz dealer here in Indy. That's another story.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:41 PM

For most teenagers driving a C class is a big deal. There are exceptions in places like Los Angeles but for most people its a huge deal. Remember only 5% of the country makes over $100,000 in yearly income. I doubt that other 95% can afford C-classes for their kids. My first car was a C class and I loved it, the only reason I got a new car was because my sister got her license so my parents gave her my car and gave me a new one.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:41 PM

WTF are you guys talking about? In the context of THIS thread, a C class is not comparable to an S. Don't take a sentence from a post and magnify its implications and apply assumptions. If you've been following the 7-8 previous pages, you will see that we are talking about teens [Apricotscrub] driving S classes, not mercedes in general. Yes, a C class is a nice car, but in the eyes of a vandal, he/she is most likely to target a "hooked up" S class over a stock C class. That's all I was saying by "wow factor". And yes, price tag is central to that point. Vandals target big-ticket items.

Where were you at when this thread was ALIVE? This thread has been put to bed, let it rest.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:48 PM

Last edited by KurumaGOD; 06-04-2003 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Re: Bringing a knife to a gun fight

Hmm. I beg to differ. Some people....
Old 06-04-2003, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
WTF are you guys talking about? In the context of THIS thread, a C class is not comparable to an S. Don't take a sentence from a post and magnify its implications and apply assumptions. If you've been following the 7-8 previous pages, you will see that we are talking about teens [Apricotscrub] driving S classes, not mercedes in general. Yes, a C class is a nice car, but in the eyes of a vandal, he/she is most likely to target a "hooked up" S class over a stock C class. That's all I was saying by "wow factor". And yes, price tag is central to that point. Vandals target big-ticket items.

Where were you at when this thread was ALIVE? This thread has been put to bed, let it rest.
I guess you havent seen my C class. I would put money that vandal or whoever will give more "wow factor" to my C class than apricotscrubs S class.

By the way, you crack me up Jim. (jl88) Good seeing you last Sunday at TWS.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:10 AM

Questions: Why do you drive a C class? Why are you in this forum? Why do you differ?

Last edited by internet_mafia; 06-04-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:10 AM

C32 AMG
Being in a private school in L.A and driving a somewhat flashy car, I know exactly where Tmushy is coming from. At my school there is not enough room to park on campus so many students have to park at an off campus parking lot that is not very secure at all. Kids park all kinds of cars at the lot from fixed up X5's to lorinser C32s, s500s, M3s, civics, Ml320s, escalades and even the occasional range rover and G500. Not many of these kids are being flashy and bumping their music or speeding around the parking lot but still, I have been shuttled many times to the lot to hear some scream ****! as they see their benz has been all keyed up. Some people have had attempted break ins happen too. Sometimes people are just *******s and thats there reason for vandalizing stuff.
Also for everyone who asks "why the hell would a 16-18 year old kid be driving such a nice car?" If your parents offered you a S500 when you were 16.....youre telling me you wouldnt take it? T

tmushy....by the way, what school are you from?
Old 06-04-2003, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
Questions: Why do you drive a C class? Why are you in this forum? Why do you differ?
Why do I drive a C Class: Because I like it. It looks good. I think Im too young to drive a S Class. I might get a E or a CLK thou. By the way Im 27.

Why are you in this forum: Why not. Why are you in this forum? Oh, if you are wondering why all of the sudden C class owners are replying to this thread is because of your comments.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=41377

Why do you differ: Differ from what?
Old 06-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Guest0001

i just want to chime in...

why would you want to drive an S class at such a young age?

i totally understand CL or SL but i mean you have so much time to get big body benz when you have a family and kids. and at that time the wife is going against sports coupes

to internet mafia, i usually like your posts man, but that was low blow on the C class

Old 06-04-2003, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by BrabusCClass
Why do I drive a C Class: Because I like it. It looks good. I think Im too young to drive a S Class. I might get a E or a CLK thou. By the way Im 27.

Why are you in this forum: Why not. Why are you in this forum? Oh, if you are wondering why all of the sudden C class owners are replying to this thread is because of your comments.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=41377

Why do you differ: Differ from what?
None of my questions were meant to offend, but only for my curiosity. Why do you care so much about what one person on the internet says about a car that you drive? Is there that much of your ego tied up in this forum? All you C class owners can gang up on me if you want to, but you must keep in perspective that the C class is peanuts compared to the S. There is a natural hierarachy to the class models, C being next to last. If you don't agree, sue me, but that's just life.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:09 AM

i totally understand CL or SL but i mean you have so much time to get big body benz when you have a family and kids. and at that time the wife is going against sports coupes
I would never let my wife tell me what to drive. I like big sedans. And I would be very reluctant to take kids in such an expensive car because kids would **** it up. Id buy the wife an X5 or ML to drive the kids around. I never see kids in S500's... unless its a woman driving.

Last edited by Caliz_Finest; 06-04-2003 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
the C class is peanuts compared to the S. There is a natural hierarachy to the class models, C being next to last.

i'll take an amg c-36/c-43/c-32 over an S-class anyday. yes, one is more expensive than the other, but i'd rather have the faster car, regardless of it being the entry level model. thats like asking if you want a 740il or an m3. all that mumbo jumbo from a car model name/hiearcy only goes so far when you weigh the cost of $$$ vs actual performance. that is not a valid basis for judging a cars 'wow' factor unless you are just looking at the price tag. just curious, but what factors make you go 'wow' when you see a car? and what do you drive?

None of my questions were meant to offend, but only for my curiosity. Why do you care so much about what one person on the internet says about a car that you drive?

when you make a very general statement about c-classes being 'non special/non wow' its kinda personal to the owner(s) of one.

Is there that much of your ego tied up in this forum?

hey we are all car enthusiasts here so lets not say this issue is about an ego trip, cars are our babies and lets leave it at that. they are all special and to each their own.

------------------

anyway this thread is going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited by Rincewind; 06-04-2003 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
this thread is so lame it's pathetic....
Old 06-04-2003, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
moderateors

lock it plz i think the ppl who started this thread to talk about nice cars being key'ed up arent even following it anymore
Old 06-04-2003, 01:35 AM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! I did not make the comparison between the C and S for value/performance. I was saying that VANDALS target EXPENSIVE items; S being way more expensive than C. Lets stick with the concept. Is that concept foreign to you or something? Do you even read the posts? Again, this thread was exhausted way before you came. Why did you bother adding comments that were previously stated?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: omg nooo i cant beleive this happned