S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Nouri-shment! projekt resonator delete / TCU flash... complete

Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opposite-lock...
Nouri-shment! projekt resonator delete / TCU flash... complete

Schpring is schprungin here in NE CT, drive-with-windows-down / audible WOT season as I like to think about it. Life finally settling post-holidaze & year-end bs, good time to address a few little things.

Just got POS back from some blessed xwarranty claimz - ROI's never cease!

After nuking bank2 coilpack daze after ECUflash, it's sister up and f'd ze pooch a few weeks back. Both 'covered' - muwhahaaa.

A case of while-you're-in-thar sets in, and a TCU flash / lowering / resonator & Ypipe delete ensued.

Now... just look @ this disaster (note OEM ball/socket joints, we cut/reused them):

The thought of touching the wheels back down off the lift w/ this clusterfuch of design simply nauseated me. 2 into 1 into "u" crimp into 2 w/ each of the 2 squished flat and 1 of the two into a hard tight 90 into resonators? (that 2into1 center pipe was a rather hilariously enormous whaledick looking gargantuan near square tube)

fuchthat

clusterfuch, begone! (craaapy cellshot sorry):

Cats into (near) straight back straight thru to dual mufflers. Seeing full F to R 3" piping which goes on seemingly forever is a chuckle unto itself, John's work pure artisan...

JNR!

Resultant flow is s0o0o0o0o0ooo exploited, the whole tq curve shifted left - throttle response now near retahded. It's like gaining 1/2 a gear.. insaneo.

and the sound - oh the sound

Power deployment is like igniting a pair o' nuclear reactors - I've never heard one (or 2), but I'd imagine this is what they sound like...

vaWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! (squared)

to me, the sound now is spot-on - decels are nearly more giggling than accel, imbibes the beast w/ desperately needed character

going out @ lunch for some colleague offerred flyby's and I socannot wait

coupled w/ a Eurocharged TCUflash (further muwahahahaa-age) and some further STAR lowering, the whole chassis is dialed into the tarmac in a delectable ensemble... throttle / gearing / BOOOOOOOOST

TCU flash is worlds better than OE, but a hair short of the S55 logic I experienced - that'd be ideal but this is an acceptable and effective remedy

soon as summer's go back on it hits the rollers for report-back

800whatever tq is wow-inducing... as a passenger, you expect this phenomena (yer not the one 'doing it'). But as a driver here - the OMG'ness is near overwhelming, I find myself chuckling/giggling in sheer disbelief and literal astonishment.

A 70mph stomp @ 2200 produces Saturn5 violence and BAM 140 (light speed too slow - go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED)... it's...

Just

Not

Right

(BRUCIFER!!!!!!)

You've heard it before but I cannnnnnot say enough about working with John @ Broadway Performance. UDAMAN, Johnny!

Worked the big picture from start / finish in such seamless ease and pleasure. Aside from just being a cool car dork (good to be among fellow geeks!), his passion to accommodate please execute deliver shows in every aspect of his work.

Get to North Jersey, if you can - heck - I'm 150mi away(wayway) and I'm already conjuring up a return trip in the coming months.

Fuchyeah!

BMC's or K&N's going in this week to round out the breathing package - intake / tune / exhaust. I think I gained a few mpg's to boot... which... will be summarily dispatched w/ newfound throttle silliness, no doubt...

I encourage any yous enthusinuts out here to experience a tuned M275... any M275 for that matter. It's enlightening, spellbinding!!! There is just no comparison to anything else I've experienced in my years of automotivedom...

Last edited by Sgt. Schultz; 03-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
motherfuchin nice touch to the car Paul!!!

record, youtube, link!!

fuchhhh yeahhh i wanna hear it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Nice work my friend

I have been doing some homework on how to change mine around before Timmayfest. You have given me an idea
Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S600
Originally Posted by classyS
motherfuchin nice touch to the car Paul!!!

record, youtube, link!!

fuchhhh yeahhh i wanna hear it!!!!!!!!!!!
+1...gotta HEAR it to believe the awesomeness. Youtube linkage is in order.

Keith
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM

opposite-lock...
thanks guys

yeah, these few little things sum up to address exactly what the car needed - a jolt of soul and athleticism

vids... I'd def shoot something in the coming weeks now that the better weather is coming

tho - I'll say now not to expect anything earth shattering... I'll bet the mic won't fully / accurately capture the sound

but I def will, hopefully soon
Old 03-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
Enjoy Paul!!!!!! I'm going to have to start a testimonials page on my site with your OP on the top! Classic man. But don't forget the universe!!!! Mine equalized today...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz
After nuking bank2 coilpack daze after ECUflash, it's sister up and f'd ze pooch a few weeks back. Both 'covered' - muwhahaaa.

Wow another Eurocharged tune that nuked the coil packs. Nouri really needs to put a disclaimer that this happens, and you better be ready for it or have a warranty!!

Other tuners tunes do NOT nuke the coil packs.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
SL63 (R230), CL500 (C215), SL55 (R129), CE300-24 Cabrio (A124)
Schpring is schprungin here in NE CT, drive-with-windows-down / audible WOT season as I like to think about it. Life finally settling post-holidaze & year-end bs, good time to address a few little things.

Just got POS back from some blessed xwarranty claimz - ROI's never cease!

Whats language is that? A secret variant of english for "elite" car tuner ?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by tusabes
Wow another Eurocharged tune that nuked the coil packs. Nouri really needs to put a disclaimer that this happens, and you better be ready for it or have a warranty!!

I beg to defer with you my friend.

I have had their tune now for over two years.

Road raced, dragged, and autocrossed her with NO issues.

So as far as that disclaimer goes

Edit: Sorry sargz for the OT
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM

opposite-lock...

WHOA THERE, NELLIE!!!

*** please read this carefully ***

(I'll make this clear and even refrain from my ususal secretdecoderring-esqueness as ^those^ are some wholly innaccurate words):

- I bought a Eurocharged ECU flash direct from Jerry @ EC
- I installed it on my 55k car
- the 55k coil failed a week later and I replaced it messlf - very near it's destined/planned obsolescence point, adding 'juice' to any "old" coil IS going to do that, no matter then tune, in any car (BTDT Audis)
- the 2nd coil failed about 2k later - again, nearing 60k at this point
- Johnny had nothhhhhhhing to do with annnny of ^that^
- Johnny installed the 2nd neu coil pack for me
- Johnny rulez
- Jerry rulez

there

that is as clear as I can be 8-)

Originally Posted by Frank_S500
Whats language is that? A secret variant of english for "elite" car tuner ?
Heh, well... it'll grow on you (like fungus?). Eventually / somehow you'll glean gems of info from it 8-). Tho the 'elite' part is surely suspect!

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
I beg to defer with you my friend.

I have had their tune now for over two years.

Road raced, dragged, and autocrossed her with NO issues.

So as far as that disclaimer goes

Edit: Sorry sargz for the OT
bwaHA! Ha!

Autox... awesome. Love it. Keep up the good werk...

Nostrodomus foresees my hitting roadcourse/drags in this biturbo. Tho the tire/brake factor (roadcourse) makes me nearly recoil in HOORor 8-)...

Last edited by Sgt. Schultz; 03-07-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S

You sir are incorrect.

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...k-problem.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/4813529-post11.html

A quick search yielded a Renntech and a Kleeman tune with the same issue.

It's unfortunate, but it happens with all the V12's. The question is when will mine go, not if it will go.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
bwaHA! Ha!

Autox... awesome. Love it. Keep up the good werk...

Nostrodomus foresees my hitting roadcourse/drags in this biturbo. Tho the tire/brake factor (roadcourse) makes me nearly recoil in HOORor 8-)...
Hey Sargz:

Best part was that out of like 10 or 11 cars, I took second

Beat several Mustangs, camaros, and BMW's

It was a race for a fallen friend, and his wife told all of the other drivers that they need to throw their keys in the lake as a 5000+ pound car just crushed them

I even took her as a passenger for one lap and she asked the time keeper for some grey popoun

PS: It is a small club that I have raced with for almost 30 years, so yeah we bend a rule or two
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
the best part of the tune..

11 seconds.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 AM

opposite-lock...
Originally Posted by bp95gsx
Enjoy Paul!!!!!! I'm going to have to start a testimonials page on my site with your OP on the top! Classic man. But don't forget the universe!!!! Mine equalized today...
say it isn't so!

damn man, very sorry to hear - that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux (BTDT, but on an entiiiiiiiirely different level, my '3 kicked back into an MGA)

also sorry to hear my Theory of Universe Equalization has found its way into your realm - it's never welcome!!!!

see folks, it exists that, one, upon acheiving some prescribed level of awesomeness (insert: cool car cool mod etc)... one must accept that he, is then verymuch prone to inevitable kicks in the nutes in equal / opposite measure

Get a biturboV12? Universe knows this is awesome. Universe WILL smote you.

Me, I opened my garage door into my hood in service position 2wks after getting mine.

Then had a 3yr old in a jalopy @ the mall door ding me (while I was in the car) whilst Xmas shopping like a day later.

Then I ate 2coils, oh and passed a pig going a trillion.

All within like 3wks of getting it.

Acheive your awesome = face your destiny... both 8-) and 8-/...

hope its an easy remedy for you my friend - hoping my hood is too
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM

opposite-lock...
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Hey Sargz:

Best part was that out of like 10 or 11 cars, I took second

Beat several Mustangs, camaros, and BMW's

It was a race for a fallen friend, and his wife told all of the other drivers that they need to throw their keys in the lake as a 5000+ pound car just crushed them

I even took her as a passenger for one lap and she asked the time keeper for some grey popoun

PS: It is a small club that I have raced with for almost 30 years, so yeah we bend a rule or two

oh man... we've got to hook up sometime, can tell the laughs will be maniacal and the times outrageous

good stuff - I cannot even fathom autox'ing one of these! I'd be waxing the cone orange off my extremes for eons...
Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Paul,
Did you run stock mufflers of aftermarket?
Does your EC TCU tune give you an "M" on your display?
And I'm glad you did the exhaust.....so fun.

-Chris
Old 03-10-2012, 08:04 AM

opposite-lock...
Hey Chris-

retained OE mufflers

no, unfort the TCU did not "unlock a true manual mode" as we all may have heard rumored

it is much better, but there are still a few leftover software gremlins I'd prefer gone (shows 4 but then grab a downshift and it goes to 2) - but it is much (much) better overall

heh, yeah... I too am sooooooooooo glad I did the exhaust - WHAT A DIFFERENCE it makes!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by Jerry@Eurocharged
You sir are incorrect.

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...k-problem.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/4813529-post11.html

A quick search yielded a Renntech and a Kleeman tune with the same issue.

It's unfortunate, but it happens with all the V12's. The question is when will mine go, not if it will go.

Thanks!

I also wanted to say that I had my coil pack changed at Broadway Performance prior to my Eurocharged tune and after the tune was in place, ZERO drivability issues. It's been a year since the Eurocharged tune.....And the car has become a real monster that surprises even a unready crotch rocket.
A really safe tune from Eurocharged that still provides a huge gain!

-Chris