S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

First look at s550 broshure...WOW!! designo combinations for w221! WOW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up First look at s550 broshure...WOW!! designo combinations for w221! WOW!

Finally finally finally got a glimpse of the upcoming s550 broshure...HOLY COW!!! this car comes loaded with interior options!!...(Dont be misled with those drab blk/blk dealer demos). AMG kit is sweet!! Luuuuv that PANOROOF!!

look on pages 23-30 for interior options////(study the whole broshure)!! I did!!

broshure is 6mb pdf file. get acrobat reader here.. [url]"http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html"

"http://www.mbfaq.com/docs/catalogos/CatalogoW221_ingles.pdf"

ENJOY!!!!!

Last edited by ewde1; 12-26-2005 at 09:19 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just want a black on black car!
Not Mocha Black, not Jet Black, not Carbon Black, not Almost Black
Old 12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
ON PROBATION

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You should see how many 'blacks' they have for the SLR now. It reminds me of when they first came out with 'off-white' years ago.... Now we're going to see 4 or 5 'blacks' for cars?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Almost a Member!

metallic blacks are different from flat blacks..MB is assuring every possible combo is available..they got that from MAYBACH (16,000 option for Maybach custom paint!!JEES!!)
Old 12-26-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Wow... nice find.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 PM
ON PROBATION

Gave it a read-through...veeeeery tasty.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL600, A8L W12, Continental GT, Range Rover SC
Great brochure, although I bet the Designo options for the US market will be much more limited.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E46 M3
Great find! I love the designo options.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Impressive reading material. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:40 PM

Smile

i saw the new s550 today at the dealer... just gorgeous...sat in it check out the command system... the clock is strategically placed in the center looks very elegant...command has a place for pcmcia card slot...cell phone is bluetooth...nav is on hard drive...rear view camera is great... the gear shifter is on the column now...car is very elegant ,and impressive...it exudes elegance,beauty,and authority ...of note i saw 2 antennas one on the roof and other on the trunk lid...i was told by the chief tech that this is prelaunch/production car(dealers cant sell this...mb will take back)...the production model will have one antenna for radio/gps/telephone...the trunk is very nice...hide away storage places under the floor... launch is sometime in January 2006(i was told)...i think writing with words does not justify the beauty,elegance,technology in this automobile...got to see it to believe it...
wishing you all happy holidays and prosperous New year to all MB family...
vijay
Old 12-27-2005, 09:54 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by mdvijay
i saw the new s550 today at the dealer... just gorgeous...sat in it check out the command system... the clock is strategically placed in the center looks very elegant...command has a place for pcmcia card slot...cell phone is bluetooth...nav is on hard drive...rear view camera is great... the gear shifter is on the column now...car is very elegant ,and impressive...it exudes elegance,beauty,and authority ...of note i saw 2 antennas one on the roof and other on the trunk lid...i was told by the chief tech that this is prelaunch/production car(dealers cant sell this...mb will take back)...the production model will have one antenna for radio/gps/telephone...the trunk is very nice...hide away storage places under the floor... launch is sometime in January 2006(i was told)...i think writing with words does not justify the beauty,elegance,technology in this automobile...got to see it to believe it...
wishing you all happy holidays and prosperous New year to all MB family...
vijay
Let me elaborate, if I may, and use mdvijay's post as an outline. I had the opportunity to spend some time with the S550 today, including a "test drive".

The car is better looking than the press pictures. It just looks better in person. I've seen both Black and Iridium Silver. Black will be a great color again, unless you decide to get the AMG package, then you need to get Silver, or a lighter shade to show the lines.

The Comand Center is unlike anything we have seen. Not only does it seem three dimensional, but it has a switch that swivels the view from driver to passenger.

The feared "I-Drive" has nearly every function duplicated with dash or console switches. You literally could drive the vehicle without ever using the "knob". With that being said, let me tell you that I played with the control for 15 minutes and felt at home. Actually it took me longer to get comfortable with the Comand controls in my first W220. You'l like it.

The clock is not nearly as large as the press pictures have indicated. it is relatively small and well proportioned.

The rear view camera is an incredible view, nothing like you are expecting. It is full color !

The integrated phone system is "standard" and with the new list price at $85k or so, the car is actually lower in price than the W220. There is a choice of 6 phone handsets.

Yes, the second (on the trunk ) antenna is ( allegedly ) to be integrated into the rear roof mount antenna. The car doesn't need 2 antennas, especially with the new ML having a "hidden" satelite antenna !

A few other items: 2 great cup holders (in the front) have replaced the Rube Goldberg contraption on the W220. Enhanced storage in the deeper center console AND the doors. There is actually an enclosed storage area in the armrests. The power seat controls on the drivers door also can control the passenger side seat. By the way, any concern over the quality or look over the seat control buttons on the door, should be concluded. If they are plastic then they are the best DuPont has to offer. They look and feel metallic.

The car is awesome. It has the "old" S-Class feel, similar to the W140 but without the physical bulk. You FEEL like you are driving an important car, yet still graceful and powerful. The engine has the power we have been waiting for and also a nice sound.

The only, absolutely mandatory option will be a leather upgrade. Although I was told that the vehicle that I tested today was "pre production" and that this may not be the final leather, I thought the leather was inferior for this type of vehicle. Very hard and very grainy. The Nappa on prior models looks like butter compared to what I sat in today.

Overall, any concerns I have had were minimized today. Without even being exposed to some of the more advanced features of this car, I am sure we will all be heaping praise on this incredible vehicle. I am now a "believer".
Old 12-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Leather will surely be better than the demo you saw and sat in...Passion and Exclusive Passion packages will comprise of Nappa , anilne and natural rawhide leathers...seee the brochure for more details....!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by MBZFAN55
Let me elaborate, if I may, and use mdvijay's post as an outline. I had the opportunity to spend some time with the S550 today, including a "test drive".

The car is better looking than the press pictures. It just looks better in person. I've seen both Black and Iridium Silver. Black will be a great color again, unless you decide to get the AMG package, then you need to get Silver, or a lighter shade to show the lines.

The Comand Center is unlike anything we have seen. Not only does it seem three dimensional, but it has a switch that swivels the view from driver to passenger.

The feared "I-Drive" has nearly every function duplicated with dash or console switches. You literally could drive the vehicle without ever using the "knob". With that being said, let me tell you that I played with the control for 15 minutes and felt at home. Actually it took me longer to get comfortable with the Comand controls in my first W220. You'l like it.

The clock is not nearly as large as the press pictures have indicated. it is relatively small and well proportioned.

The rear view camera is an incredible view, nothing like you are expecting. It is full color !

The integrated phone system is "standard" and with the new list price at $85k or so, the car is actually lower in price than the W220. There is a choice of 6 phone handsets.

Yes, the second (on the trunk ) antenna is ( allegedly ) to be integrated into the rear roof mount antenna. The car doesn't need 2 antennas, especially with the new ML having a "hidden" satelite antenna !

A few other items: 2 great cup holders (in the front) have replaced the Rube Goldberg contraption on the W220. Enhanced storage in the deeper center console AND the doors. There is actually an enclosed storage area in the armrests. The power seat controls on the drivers door also can control the passenger side seat. By the way, any concern over the quality or look over the seat control buttons on the door, should be concluded. If they are plastic then they are the best DuPont has to offer. They look and feel metallic.

The car is awesome. It has the "old" S-Class feel, similar to the W140 but without the physical bulk. You FEEL like you are driving an important car, yet still graceful and powerful. The engine has the power we have been waiting for and also a nice sound.

The only, absolutely mandatory option will be a leather upgrade. Although I was told that the vehicle that I tested today was "pre production" and that this may not be the final leather, I thought the leather was inferior for this type of vehicle. Very hard and very grainy. The Nappa on prior models looks like butter compared to what I sat in today.

Overall, any concerns I have had were minimized today. Without even being exposed to some of the more advanced features of this car, I am sure we will all be heaping praise on this incredible vehicle. I am now a "believer".
Thanks for the nice review. I feel much better about the car after reading your comments. I will have to ride past my dealer and see if he has one to look at. The exterior flares are still my biggest concern.

I would be looking at a S450 in a year or so.