S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Smoked out S550!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoked out S550!

Before:
after:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

White Lorinser S550 with HRE wheels
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by CLSFanatic; 04-12-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try not to photoshop the windshield. It makes it obvious. Nice car though.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:49 AM

OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
LOL.

also, Picture 1 and Picture 2 has the same person in the back ground (see on the right?) in the exact same pose.

So that's not a real before/after shot, now, is it, Photoshop boy? (or maybe it was MS Paint.. hehe)
Old 04-17-2006, 11:06 PM

C240
Can someone tell me what are those rims on the second black S, they look breathtakingly beautiful. Really bad photoshop job on the rear window.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:12 PM

1997 C36AMG
lmao

hey that's pretty clever, but still those are gorgeous cars.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by DesiBaba
Can someone tell me what are those rims on the second black S, they look breathtakingly beautiful. Really bad photoshop job on the rear window.
I'd like to know as well! They do look great on that car. Did you notgice that the car has red brake calipers also? Great look.......I think!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Man I'd rock a blacked out jet like that.
It looks so sinister!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:59 AM

2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
Well, here's my contribution to the hoodlumish SMOKED-OUT LOOK, as I consider myself the king of color-keyed body moldings and RIMS and super-smoked-out tint jobs. If you don't believe me, look at my old S500 (W140) and CL600 which I'm selling to get either a new S65 or a Bentley Flying Spur @:

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215/138281-finally-my-600-unleashed.html

I will do my rim centers in black from now on...

BTW, I made the tint job a little more realistic.
Attached Thumbnails Smoked out S550!-s500446lg.jpg  

Last edited by CLFREAK; 04-18-2006 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:07 AM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by CLFREAK
Well, here's my contribution to the hoodlumish SMOKED-OUT LOOK, as I consider myself the king of color-keyed body moldings and RIMS and super-smoked-out tint jobs. If you don't believe me, look at my old S500 (W140) and CL600 which I'm selling to get either a new S65 or a Bentley Flying Spur @:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138281

Batman's new whip?
Old 04-22-2006, 11:56 AM

Mommy drives a '93 Opel Astra
wie geschmacklos

i hate those body kits and rims on mercedes. looks like the owner's having an inferiority complex - completely overpimped. but it seems to me like having a sick whip is part of the american lifstyle (showing what you got, there is no such thing like decadence). (btw: i really don't want to offend americans!)

I'm European and Europeans tend to like a more understated look. I have a motto which says that, too, "Ein echter Gentleman passt sich an, und lässt nicht anpassen." (German; "A real gentleman suits to others, and doesn't make the others suit to him.")
Old 04-22-2006, 02:31 PM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 S550 4Matic 2009 GL 550 2009 AM DBS
Originally Posted by CLFREAK

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138281

Dude, this is a photoshop version, look at your originasl post when you used your other name "CLSfanattic" and posted the same car with polished rims
Old 04-22-2006, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
The wheels on the 1st blacked out S550 @ the top of this thread are Lowenhart LSR's I'm a big fan of those wheels also.

Last edited by Thericker; 04-22-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:13 PM

i'm a fan of those rims, too. But on an S500/S550 they appear to overpimp the beautiful rest of the car. put them on a skyline for instance and i'd be very pleased.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:10 PM

2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by Mean-Benz
i hate those body kits and rims on mercedes. looks like the owner's having an inferiority complex - completely overpimped. but it seems to me like having a sick whip is part of the american lifstyle (showing what you got, there is no such thing like decadence). (btw: i really don't want to offend americans!)

I'm European and Europeans tend to like a more understated look. I have a motto which says that, too, "Ein echter Gentleman passt sich an, und lässt nicht anpassen." (German; "A real gentleman suits to others, and doesn't make the others suit to him.")
Oh, boy, here we go! Fire and brimstone lecture time. I always love to challenge opinions like this, especially since I'm so the opposite.

First off, understand that it was (since the 80s) and still is, in Europe, and especially Germany, where the aftermarket tuners are from! If you had done your research, in the early days, the tuners marketed mainly to their local and Middle Eastern market. Now, that market has widened to become worldwide, with the target demographic, the U.S. Why? Because we have the most wealth. Simple as that. Customization of the luxury market (kits, interiors, rims, audio, leathers, woods, paints, etc., etc) has exploded and become a billion dollar industry. To support my point, the SEMA show here in Vegas keeps growing and growing! More and more aftermarket specialty companies are entering the market and finding their niche. And this is only going to grow. Your opinion has no basis or reality in this day and age. You are in a time warp!

Secondly, you got it all wrong. Customization is a matter of personal taste and statement. I always say this and will say it again, Any ***hole with a few bucks can buy a nice Benz and think he's king. Not everyone with $$$$ has the sense of style or ***** to be unique and separate themselves as an individual and be something other than just another brick in the wall! People that say it's decadent are jealous, belts-and-suspenders conservatives with no taste or sense of style that still think any car with a three-pointed star is a hand-built collector classic. The only difference between a C-class and and S-class is price. There is no more exclusivity. The only way to acheive separation from the plebians is to C U S T O M I Z E ! Perhaps unless we're talking about a $500K McClaren SLR, these aren't collector car classics in which purity of keeping everything OEM is the rule. Those days are over. Your opinion would be better suited to cars of much higher echelon with extremely limited production runs, e.g. Pagani Zonda, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX, to name a few.

We aren't "over-pimping" our cars to seek approval from others in any sense; we're just taking a solid visual design on the top luxury car and tweaking it to give it better visual impact - at least in our eyes - not to mention a true custom look. A car is usually a person's second most substantial asset, after their residence. If you think we all should live in cookie-cutter cracker jack boxes with little white picket fences, then I guess I see your point. If you've customize everything inside and outside your dwelling, then why not your ride?
Someone who buys a top of the line luxury auto and spends $100K+ certainly isn't doing so to attain a method of basic transportation to get from point A to point B. To go the extra mile by doing some tasteful customization isn't "decadent" or showing signs of an "inferiority complex"; it's putting the owner over the hump to now be considered perhaps a little more VIP, a little closer to the exclusivity and mindset of exotic car stardom - as oppopsed to just looking like the "rest of them".

My guess is that you probably like off-the-rack clothing as opposed to custom-made! Again, our cars are the second greatest (and for some, the first) material item we take personal pride. It is no different. It's all about customization from inside and out.

In any case, this is a free country and opinions are just that, and you are rightfully entitled to yours, sir. Just realize that, while a certain look may not be to your liking, that doesn't make it "decadent" or brand the owner as having an "inferiority complex".

I rest my case.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:53 AM

maybe i've gone a little too far with my opinion... sorry for that.

However, I still don't like body kits for mercedes.