S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Average turn-around time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' S550
Average turn-around time

I was wondering what the average turn around time is from placing the order for an S550 at a dealership to actually receiving one?? Assuming no special OEM backorder items are placed with the dealer (ie: night view assist, etc.) I'm thinking of making the leap and ordering one, but I need it before the end of August.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
Won't happen with the night vision option. I've tried. Good luck!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by rstone
I was wondering what the average turn around time is from placing the order for an S550 at a dealership to actually receiving one?? Assuming no special OEM backorder items are placed with the dealer (ie: night view assist, etc.) I'm thinking of making the leap and ordering one, but I need it before the end of August.
Have you checked the large dealers for existing inventory? Glauser has several well equipped S550's and AMG models in stock with discounts available. Call Greg Weiler (they are sponsors) in Denver and see what he can do for you.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 AM

07' S550
Well I finally got around to test driving the new S550, and all I can say is WOW!.. nice!. I asked my dealer how long it would take to order one.. assuming I didn't want anything special on one, like night view assist and rear view camera, and he told me "even without those two things they couldnt get one in before the end of the year".

Hmmm... now is this guy just BSing me?!? or is he just trying to finanalize a sale for a pre-existing order I had in for another vehicle, which I'm not sure I even want anymore.

Last edited by rstone; 06-27-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well I finally got around to test driving the new S550, and all I can say is WOW!.. nice!. I asked my dealer how long it would take to order one.. assuming I didn't want anything special on one, like night view assist and rear view camera, and he told me "even without those two things they couldnt get one in before the end of the year".

Hmmm... now is this guy just BSing me?!? or is he just trying to finanalize a sale for a pre-existing order I had in for another vehicle, which I'm not sure I even want anymore.
There are many dealers in the country with many stock cars on the lot and in transit...if you want one bad enough, call one of them.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
how much under msrp are people hearing/buying? I see on ebay they are $2000 under, so significantly less should be possible. I may be in the market and have only been looking for a couple of days for one with premium and AMG packages at the least. Obsidian black/Cashmere will be available mid July for me if i want one.

T
Old 06-27-2006, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
My brother in law just placed an order for an S550 to replace his 745li and with the options and specs he put, his car will come in February of next year at the latest. DCX's suppliers have once again left them in the dust and wont supply enough of the night vision assist modules.

This just goes to show the new S class is a winner since DCX can't seem to produce them fast enough.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:59 AM

something fast
I've seen $3000-$4000 off on non sport s550s and $2000- to maybe ($3000bad colors) on s550 sports - loaded sports are the hardest to find. there are plenty of cars around you just have to look. if anyone needs help finding a car, shoot me a pm.

Last edited by ajf1; 06-27-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:42 AM

07' S550
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Have you checked the large dealers for existing inventory? Glauser has several well equipped S550's and AMG models in stock with discounts available. Call Greg Weiler (they are sponsors) in Denver and see what he can do for you.
Well I couldnt find one at any of the existing dealers with the options I wanted. I did call Greg at Glauser and he told me he could get me one with the options I wanted around mid-sept, which is great!. I told Greg of my problem with the current dealer holding my deposit hostage, and he told me it shouldnt be a problem getting it back (easier said then done obviously) as the other vehicle I ordered (GL450) could be sold quickly .

However, my current dealer absolutely refuses to give me my deposit back. They did say they have no problem applying my deposit to another vehicle like the S550, but won't hand me my money back if I walk at this point. Currently they are going to try to find a S550 that has the options I want, but I have little hope of that happening, and am at a complete loss as to what to do, when I know Glauser can get me a S550 faster. My current dealer is telling me it could be late fall before I see one.

Being a first time Mercedes customer, I sure didn't expect this kind of treatment. Although on the bright side... BMW did offer to give me my deposit back out of there own profits, if I bring them my business. I don't think I'm ready to make that leap yet, but it is tempting.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
If you dont mind me asking who is your current dealer?
Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

However, my current dealer absolutely refuses to give me my deposit back.
I have been buying cars since 1953 and never have I had a dealer that refused to return my deposit. Even when I refused delivery of a '78 Cadillac Seville due to quality faults I got my $1K deposit back!

You really need to talk to an excutive of the company and explain your situation. The GL is brand new and has been well accepted so it is not like he is "stuck" with a loss leader. Even if you agreed to a non-refundable deposit, it just makes no sense to hold you to that. If this is unsuccessful I would make an effort to provide this uncooperative dealers name to this forum and others like it so future buyers from this dealer are aware of his deposit policies.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:57 PM

07' S550
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
If you dont mind me asking who is your current dealer?
Giving them the benefit of the doubt I am giving them a week at their request to see if they can find a vehicle and/or modify an existing one in production and get it to me ASAP.

I don't want to be to hasty and go off half-****ed and post a dealers name in anger before I give them an honest chance to make things right with me first. However, saying that, if they fail to come up with a solution to my liking, and the executives at the dealership stonewall me, you can be sure I will be posting their name. For now I'd rather not say who they are just yet.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
rstone, you have a lot of character my friend. Let me know if they give you back your deposit. Perhaps we can get you an order through the high volume dealer like Laguna Niguel, or Glauser. I find it amazing how your dealer is simply trying to shaft you.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Giving them the benefit of the doubt I am giving them a week at their request to see if they can find a vehicle and/or modify an existing one in production and get it to me ASAP.

I don't want to be to hasty and go off half-****ed and post a dealers name in anger before I give them an honest chance to make things right with me first. However, saying that, if they fail to come up with a solution to my liking, and the executives at the dealership stonewall me, you can be sure I will be posting their name. For now I'd rather not say who they are just yet.
A reasonable and fair approach by you...I hope they reciprocate in a like manner...
Old 07-03-2006, 09:18 AM

98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
I have the night vision on my LE, personally I'd rather have the Distronic Plus.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:03 PM

07' S550
Well my dealer FINALLY came through with a solution!...

The found me a S550 that they could get there hands on with most the options I wanted, and it will be at the dealership around the end of August!!

Here is what I ended up with:

Alabaster White
Premium Grey Leather

Premium 2 Package
Distronic Plus
AMG Sport Package
Rear Seat Package
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
ABC

TOTAL MSRP - $108,025

I would of liked to have had the rear view camera and multicontour seats instead of the Panorama roof, and heated steering wheel, but at this point I don't really care... I just want this ordeal to be done with. The dealer told me that since the car was in production already they couldnt add or remove those options. Oh well... at least I dont have to wait until next year.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well my dealer FINALLY came through with a solution!...

The found me a S550 that they could get there hands on with most the options I wanted, and it will be at the dealership around the end of August!!

Here is what I ended up with:

Alabaster White
Premium Grey Leather

Premium 2 Package
Distronic Plus
AMG Sport Package
Rear Seat Package
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
ABC

TOTAL MSRP - $108,025

I would of liked to have had the rear view camera and multicontour seats instead of the Panorama roof, and heated steering wheel, but at this point I don't really care... I just want this ordeal to be done with. The dealer told me that since the car was in production already they couldnt add or remove those options. Oh well... at least I dont have to wait until next year.
Great package...! Wish I had the Distronic Plus but sacrificed it for earlier delivery. You should be a very satisfied owner with that combination of options...glad you worked it out. Will be looking for pics in August...:-)
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
ON PROBATION

Sounds like a great car.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:46 PM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 S550 4Matic 2009 GL 550 2009 AM DBS
I just found out yesterday that my order placed back in May (1st or 2nd week) was due in 1st or 2nd week of augst is en route to the states.

It went into production on June 12th and at the dock to leave germany july3rd. Left on July 5th with 9 days shipping time and 3 days to clear customs and deliver to dealership in NJ. So expect it by 7/19 or 20th. So essentially 6 weeks from production to delivery.

My specs: AMG Package, Keyless, rear blinds, heated wheel. Wanted electronic trunk closer, but out of supply so had to wait another month, said I'll take it without the trunk closer.

will post pics when brought home.